Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Looking for a new TURNKEY (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/138673-looking-new-turnkey.html)

7173TA 06-26-2017 06:11 AM

Looking for a new TURNKEY

New to site. I'm looking to buy a NEW TURNKEY with a 427 and IRS. Narrowed my search to BD, ERA, & SPF. Looking to spend no more that $70K. Need advice on most bang for the buck, quality, reliability, ride. Not for racing. Any suggestions appreciated. Live on Long Island.

jhv48 06-26-2017 06:24 AM

I believe your price ceiling has ruled out both ERA and SPF for brand new builds. Used, will open up all three for your consideration. Both of those makes (ERA & SPF) will probably cost more than your $70k ceiling to build and license. That leaves BDR.
Check out their website and see what you can get for your $70k.
If you're willing to consider a used cobra, then for $70k you will have lots of choices.
You can't go wrong with either of the three makes.

REY 427 06-26-2017 07:09 AM

There are quite a few choices on Ebay right now on brand new Backdrafts. This one would be my top choice.
1965 Shelby Backdraft RT3 completed by Vintage Motorsports | eBay

REY 427 06-26-2017 07:11 AM

Now, if you're interested in buying a used one I can cut you a deal on mine :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps6c9kldyv.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps9lnflwnv.jpg

Cashburn 06-26-2017 07:32 AM

Give me a call. We have several in stock at your price point ready to deliver. Can also build what you want if I do not have it. We are just on the other side of the Long Island sound from you and can service and maintain vehicle for you with our pickup service.

Toll Free: 888.427.1965

Have the white car that was posted above and also a Guardsman Blue / W. White Stripes with same engine setup. Both cars are below your target budget.

E5USMC 06-26-2017 08:02 AM

I owned a BD as my first Cobra and it was a really nice car. I swapped out to the 18" wheels for 15" wheels from Vintage Wheels as I preferred the overall look. I never bought a car from Vintage Motorsports but did by a lot of parts from them. They are TOP NOTCH !!!!

REY 427 06-26-2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashburn (Post 1424550)
Give me a call. We have several in stock at your price point ready to deliver. Can also build what you want if I do not have it. We are just on the other side of the Long Island sound from you and can service and maintain vehicle for you with our pickup service.

Toll Free: 888.427.1965

Have the white car that was posted above and also a Guardsman Blue / W. White Stripes with same engine setup. Both cars are below your target budget.

This is the way to go. If I were to do it all over again, I'd have Vintage build me one. I love their version of these cars.

66gtk 06-26-2017 08:48 AM

You stated you wanted a 427. Do you want a 427 FE like the original cars or a stroked 427 Windsor based small block?

7173TA 06-26-2017 10:43 AM

thanks, but not in black.

REY 427 06-26-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7173TA (Post 1424564)
thanks, but not in black.

I was only kidding about selling my car. But you should contact Jay (Cashburn) with Vintage Motorsports. You can see his post above. Sounds like the have several brand new cars in stock ready for a new home, and they're in your budget.

7173TA 06-26-2017 10:53 AM

427fe w/ 4bbl.

7173TA 06-26-2017 10:59 AM

I saw BD dealer at B-J Mohegun Sun and spoke with Glenn Owen. Sat in one and seat could be wider...and I'm not a big guy...5'8" 180 lbs. Otherwise i liked.

7173TA 06-26-2017 11:51 AM

Is price negotiable on an ordered car?

cycleguy55 06-26-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7173TA (Post 1424566)
427fe w/ 4bbl.

You're not going to get a new turnkey car with a 427 FE for that price. Either a 427W for that price, additional $$ for an FE or you can look for a used one. Your call.

Mark IV 06-26-2017 12:16 PM

We can do a new SPF for about $75K with a Windsor 427 depending on the chassis options you want and the power level of the engine. If you are not married to the "427" cubes thing, you can get a 392/396 stroker that will provide the same or greater power level for a lot less.

It is worthwhile stretching a little to get what you really want and not selling off a "make-do" car in a short period of time.

Currently we have an SPF promotion that provides over $3000 of options at no cost.

If you want info give us a call.

Cashburn 06-26-2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark IV (Post 1424573)
We can do a new SPF for about $75K with a Windsor 427 depending on the chassis options you want and the power level of the engine. If you are not married to the "427" cubes thing, you can get a 392/396 stroker that will provide the same or greater power level for a lot less.

It is worthwhile stretching a little to get what you really want and not selling off a "make-do" car in a short period of time.

Currently we have an SPF promotion that provides over $3000 of options at no cost.

If you want info give us a call.

Since you are here why don't you tell us what $75k gets? Pricing at the BJ auction last week did not seem to support that?

Cashburn 06-26-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7173TA (Post 1424568)
I saw BD dealer at B-J Mohegun Sun and spoke with Glenn Owen. Sat in one and seat could be wider...and I'm not a big guy...5'8" 180 lbs. Otherwise i liked.

Glenn is from the Florida dealership. We split the space with them. We have a seat modification if you need it. I'm 6' and 215lbs. and I fit fine in the standard seats, however everyone has different preferences.

I have not priced it recently but an FE engine setup will pose some challenge to your budget limit. If you could email me directly I could work on it for you.

patrickt 06-26-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7173TA (Post 1424566)
427fe w/ 4bbl.

A turnkey SPF with a small block 427 is the best you're going to do in that price range. FWIW, a turnkey ERA with an FE in it is going to cost you six figures and a year of waiting time. If the differences between an SPF and an ERA are not readily apparent to you, then you should not spend the extra money on an ERA -- an SPF with a small block is a very nice car and will probably make you just as happy.:cool:

Mark IV 06-26-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashburn (Post 1424577)
Since you are here why don't you tell us what $75k gets? Pricing at the BJ auction last week did not seem to support that?

As I have indicated before, auction prices for "replica" automobiles are not indicative of the real market. The cars sold at TV auctions tend to be purchased by "opportunistic" purchasers. I doubt any ERA, SPF, BDR or even Kirkham, sells at auction for what an equal car advertised on CC, Cobra Country or any of the other regular venues for these cars sells for. I am sure I can find a BDR sale at one of the "ego auctions" that would indicate a poor investment to the original buyer but that is not the real world. I know you handle resale cars at a much higher price/value point than the TV crap.

Jay, if you rally need to know what we can do for that figure I'm sure you can have someone pose as a prospect and get a quote. I don't ask what you sell your product for, because honestly, we really rarely go head to head. Your buyers want a Cobra styled hot rod and our buyers are looking for something else. Neither is "wrong", it's just different strokes for different folks.

Cashburn 06-26-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark IV (Post 1424589)
As I have indicated before, auction prices for "replica" automobiles are not indicative of the real market. The cars sold at TV auctions tend to be purchased by "opportunistic" purchasers. I doubt any ERA, SPF, BDR or even Kirkham, sells at auction for what an equal car advertised on CC, Cobra Country or any of the other regular venues for these cars sells for. I am sure I can find a BDR sale at one of the "ego auctions" that would indicate a poor investment to the original buyer but that is not the real world. I know you handle resale cars at a much higher price/value point than the TV crap.

Jay, if you rally need to know what we can do for that figure I'm sure you can have someone pose as a prospect and get a quote. I don't ask what you sell your product for, because honestly, we really rarely go head to head. Your buyers want a Cobra styled hot rod and our buyers are looking for something else. Neither is "wrong", it's just different strokes for different folks.

Obviously you are out of the loop since you were not present with the Superformance group in their display at Barrett Jackson last week in CT (which is not far from your territory so I don't understand why you would not be there). I did not see anything in the display with a price tag even close to $75k. I can see the roller prices here:

Browse our Cars | Hillbank Motor Corporation

And I'm wondering what you can offer for $75k with a 427 Windsor, new for this figure. I am happy to share our price on whatever you like since it is publicly available on my site, eBay, in my booth etc. No mystery.