Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Any Cobra owners want to give me a ride? (SoCal-Huntington Beach) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/139599-any-cobra-owners-want-give-me-ride-socal-huntington-beach.html)

not-a-number 10-30-2017 09:34 PM

Any Cobra owners want to give me a ride? (SoCal-Huntington Beach)

Im considering a Cobra but I really need to go for a ride in one.

I have moved over to CA from New Zealand where I drove a Lotus 7 for my daily.

The wife has said if we are to buy another cool car its needs to have no roof and be noisy and ridiculous.:LOL: The Cobra is the American version of the 7 so it fits well!

Anyone from around Orange County that wouldnt mind showing off their car?

Cheers
Pete

twobjshelbys 10-31-2017 10:31 AM

Find a local cars and coffee. There are usually lots of cobras around. Strike up a conversation. Not only should you go for a ride but you should also sit in the driver's seat to gauge fit of seats and where steering wheel will be relative to driver position. On superformance the wheel hit my lap.

vntgspd 10-31-2017 02:59 PM

Pete -

I can help you out. Send me a PM with your contact info if you would like. I'm in North Santa Ana.

David

CNGreen 10-31-2017 03:04 PM

I'm just down the road in Corona del Mar. I have a lift in Costa Mesa if you want to see DETAILS.

Send me a pm or email me at david hodgkins hotmail com.

:)

not-a-number 10-31-2017 10:13 PM

Awesome! I'll send you guys a PM

1985 CCX 11-01-2017 05:27 AM

I would but the commute is a bear....

vntgspd 11-01-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985 CCX (Post 1432133)
I would but the commute is a bear....

Yes, but the weather is nice once you get here! :LOL:

Sledge 11-02-2017 09:25 AM

If the others don't have a Backdraft Racing example, give me a PM. I'm up in Long Beach.

Texasdoc 11-02-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not-a-number (Post 1432081)
The wife has said if we are to buy another cool car its needs to have no roof and be noisy and ridiculous.

Keep that one!

CNGreen 11-06-2017 02:34 PM

not-a-number, just got your PM. I'll give you a call this week.

:)

not-a-number 11-06-2017 09:43 PM

David let me drive both his Shell Valley and ERA in the weekend! Not many people would trust a stranger with their car. Especially a Cobra! Thanks heaps for that! :LOL:

What a difference between the two. The ERA is stunning. Really nice to drive. Got some thinking (and $ saving) to do now.

ACHiPo 11-07-2017 06:37 AM

N-A-N,
Glad you had a great experience and very trusting owner! The ERA rides and handles spectacularly. The wait to get one is long and tortuous, so unless you're like me and crazy enough to have a vision in your head that needs to be realized, get your cash ready and keep your eye out for a good looking one at the right price and pounce.
AC

not-a-number 11-07-2017 12:50 PM

Whats the best place to keep an eye out for one? Is there a country wide craigslist that searches all states?

Ive been looking at classic.autotrader, LAcraigslist and ebay.

twobjshelbys 11-07-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not-a-number (Post 1432523)
Whats the best place to keep an eye out for one? Is there a country wide craigslist that searches all states?

Ive been looking at classic.autotrader, LAcraigslist and ebay.

The best place to look for used Cobras is Cobra Country 427 Cobra Country--Ford AC Cobra replica manufacturers SUPER-SITE

ACHiPo 11-08-2017 06:58 AM

Pete,
Just sent you a note.
AC

vntgspd 11-08-2017 10:43 AM

Pete,

Thanks for the kind words. Helping each other out should be a core principle of the group and sometimes that requires a little trust. :) Thanks for being very respectful during your visit. If I can help you at all in the future feel free to reach out!

ACHiPo 11-08-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vntgspd (Post 1432563)
Pete,

Thanks for the kind words. Helping each other out should be a core principle of the group and sometimes that requires a little trust. :) Thanks for being very respectful during your visit. If I can help you at all in the future feel free to reach out!

David,
You're a gold-star enabler!:LOL: Fantastic way to get someone new into this craziness!
AC

Armrer 11-08-2017 09:37 PM

Hillbank is close by in Irvine, wander over and see their selection, possibly get some drives in-

Cobalt289 12-01-2017 11:21 PM

Hi Pete! Welcome to Orange County and to the forum! I'm down in San Clemente and have an ERA 289 FIA. Pretty much every Saturday morning I drive it down to the San Clemente Outlets for our local Cars & Coffee, and there are almost always a few other Cobras there, and sometimes a lot of Cobras when the Hillbank guys show up. By the way, I just stumbled onto the car on Craigslist, after searching for a good long while at all the other usual places. You just never know where one will turn up, so keep your eyes open! So if you haven't checked out an ERA 289 FIA, let me know.

not-a-number 12-02-2017 10:37 PM

Thanks for the replies. It looks like Ive scored myself a Shell Valley!:) Davids one!
Nice car and a great price, so cheers David. Will be picking it up in the new year when Ive put another car in storage.

Excited to do a bit of work on it.

Will have to head down to San Clemente and check out the cars and coffee at some point.