Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By cycleguy55
  • 2 Post By cycleguy55

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2018, 09:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Made in Brazil by GLASPAC. They made less than 100, 9 were imported to the us. Production car, not a kit. Have a Ford racing 363 in it now.
Not Ranked     
Default Side pipe decibels

Anyone have any experience with the side pipe inserts advertised online? I'm trying to lower the sound level without choking the motor down. I've seen the Spiral type, reverse flow type and glass pack. They all say how great they sound but never give any decibel reduction numbers. Can anyone tell me about them from actual experience? Thanks, Bill
Old 04-14-2018, 10:57 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Hi stevesonjr. don't have your answer on the DB noise on sidepipes. But never heard of a GLASPAC Cobra? Would you mind sharing some pictures and any other spec's of yours? Sound's interesting, Cheers Tom.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Search this site for 'flowmaster slimline' - you'll find links to dyno tests with decibel readings.

No readings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYNReloa3Xc

Some readings in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BsQtkuzJdE
Old 04-15-2018, 01:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
Hi stevesonjr. don't have your answer on the DB noise on sidepipes. But never heard of a GLASPAC Cobra? Would you mind sharing some pictures and any other spec's of yours? Sound's interesting, Cheers Tom.
Glaspac Cobras appear to be a fuller in the rear hips - like a Kellison Stallion or West Coast Cobra. The wheelbase may also be longer.

From a CC post from 6+ years ago ( Glaspac brakes ):
"Glaspac models had the entire suspension, steering and brake system from the Brazilian Chevrolet Opala"

Here's a Web page on one: Bret's 427 Cobra Replica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFNPPplno9I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zaBXKQ8_IU
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:08 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

I believe you're right Brian, on the wheelbase, and wider hip's. Almost has a Classic Roadster look to the body, and int. Thank you for the info. What don't you know ? Thanks Tom.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
I believe you're right Brian, on the wheelbase, and wider hip's. Almost has a Classic Roadster look to the body, and int. Thank you for the info. What don't you know ? Thanks Tom.
What don't I know? Lots! But I do make a point of checking out more things than most people, and I tend to retain a fair bit of that - perhaps a bit of information overload sometimes!

To me the overall body shape (longer wheelbase, rear fenders which are wider and 'droopier' (with slightly lower taillight position) and even some of the under hood details (e.g. side panels) bear quite a resemblance to a Kellison Stallion or West Coast Cobra. I also note there is no oil cooler opening, a bit odd for a 427 S/C body shape.
Alfa02 and Trubble like this.