14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 06-06-2019, 02:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Super Cobra

I had the opportunity to see the car collection of one of my customers this week. Several one of a kind, COPO, Yenkos, Superbirds, etc and the Super Cobra. Unfortunately no cameras are allowed onside. They did pass along a link to their 2019 Ford GT application video to Ford requesting to be selected as an owner though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gfCAlK2kYM
Old 06-06-2019, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft SBF-302
Not Ranked     

very cool
Old 06-06-2019, 03:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 289 FIA Superformance 425hp 289
Not Ranked     

Never really got the “My collection is so cool and super secret you can’t take a pic” thing.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Scarboro View Post
Never really got the “My collection is so cool and super secret you can’t take a pic” thing.
Never heard of Jay Leno, eh?
Old 06-07-2019, 02:47 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Maybe things have changed, but when I had the privilege of viewing Jay's main collection building many years ago, he was very gracious and had no issue with the taking of pictures.

Bill

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 06-07-2019, 07:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
I'm completely aware of who Jay Leno is. I have the type of car collection that Jay Leno would have it he were a man of VERY MODEST MEANS (no rhyme or reason to it - early Vetts, Maserati, Ferrari, Triumphs, Porsche, Jaguars, etc).

If that is his stance, then I just lost a lot of respect for him.

A few pics taken, even if then plastered on this website or others doesn't impact his brand or his revenue streams. We have a local collector (I've worked with and know very well) that is the same way and it reeks of elitist BS.

Doesn't have to be that way IMHO. The volunteer at the Shelby American Collection went behind the ropes with my camera phone and took a couple of pics of the interior of a GT40 MK1 on display there to help me on my build. Still got my $5 and I bought a book from them to boot.

I often take one or more to local meets, car shows or other venues and I see those "don't touch my car" guys all the time. The most fun I have at a local car show or other venue is letting someone that loves the car sit in it and have their picture taken. Nothing happens that can't be buffed out.

Promotes the hobby, makes people happy.

My $0.02, priced for value.

Ron
Old 06-07-2019, 08:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #347
Not Ranked     

Often the restriction on photos is related to security, not ego. Your digital camera is the the key to unintentionally sharing details about a valuable collection on the internet for the world to see. Some people in the world are not nice and like to take what is not theirs.

I agree completely with "sharing" our cars with kids and enthusiastic people. I like mine nice, but I buy them to drive them!

Last edited by vntgspd; 06-07-2019 at 08:15 AM..
Old 06-07-2019, 08:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I’ve heard that before, but not sure I think it holds water. Specific to Jay Leno, I suspect a few photos of his car isn’t going to divulge anything he didn’t display on his television show, but to each his own.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I had a visit scheduled with Jay a number of years ago that regrettably got canceled and never rescheduled, but was told there would be no photos.

Cameras now contain GPS that tell where the picture was taken. Yes, in most cases it can be disabled but for owners that want to keep their location private it's just best to make no exceptions.

I know the owners of the Shelby American Collection and got the ropes removed from CSX2000 the day after it appeared. My pics are here somewhere. But that collection's location is well known.

I have no problems with a collector wanting to keep the location restricted.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 06-07-2019 at 10:15 AM..
Old 06-07-2019, 10:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

On the other hand I visited Carroll's garage and was able to take all the photos I wanted as long as I didn't post them to public sites. The engine company tour photos were OK though (and much more interesting )
Old 06-07-2019, 11:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Scarboro View Post
I’ve heard that before, but not sure I think it holds water. Specific to Jay Leno, I suspect a few photos of his car isn’t going to divulge anything he didn’t display on his television show, but to each his own.
One thing that modern cameras (cell phones) do capture is the location the picture was taken from. This gives a would be thief the location of these cars precisely.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:45 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

In Jay's case not really an issue as the location of his building is well known.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 06-07-2019, 11:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I get it that some folks want to be private and can respect that. However, my response was really about Jay Leno and other obviously public collectors that have the no photo rules. The guys referenced here that own this Super Snake are really private are they?

https://www.facebook.com/BZ-Performa...1958126529222/

On a different note, anyone actually watch the application video they posted on YouTube?

Application sent to Ford executives the guy says "If you know anything about Ford Thunderbirds, they started in 1955".

That is hilarious....I suspect they know quite a bit about Ford Thunderbirds.