Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Shipping to Monterey, CA (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/144136-shipping-monterey-ca.html)

fastd 10-12-2020 10:18 AM

Shipping to Monterey, CA

My wife and I are thinking of driving highway 1 the end of this month and wondering if anyone has a contact in the Monterey/Carmel area where I could ship my car to, they take delivery and then we pick up when we land on at Monterey Airport on 10/30 (and then drop it off on Monday 11/2 for a the return trip back to Texas).

It's a bucket list item...

Any ideas? Thanks.

hauss 10-12-2020 01:55 PM

Only thing I can say is covid sucks ,you may want to postpone your trip wait for things to open up more. Not saying everything is closed, just think you will have a better time if you wait .

CJ428CJ 10-12-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Only thing I can say is covid sucks ,you may want to postpone your trip wait for things to open up more.
We spent the weekend in Monterey a couple weekends ago. We had a great time. Dining and bars are "outdoors" only but most (but not all) are still open. I'm not sure what might be open or closed through Big Sur.

MKS427 10-12-2020 04:18 PM

IF I remember right, Reliable Transport is at Barrett-Jackson every year. A google search may work for you too, be sure to read the reviews.
Good luck
EDIT: Reliable Carriers

NROTOXIN 10-12-2020 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastd (Post 1484001)
My wife and I are thinking of driving highway 1 the end of this month and wondering if anyone has a contact in the Monterey/Carmel area where I could ship my car to, they take delivery and then we pick up when we land on at Monterey Airport on 10/30 (and then drop it off on Monday 11/2 for a the return trip back to Texas).

It's a bucket list item...

Any ideas? Thanks.

Mohr Imports, They are a high end auto consignment dealer in Monterey....including Cobras. They have a large offsite storage facility as well. They are not far from the wharf and highway 1.

t walgamuth 10-13-2020 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NROTOXIN (Post 1484036)
Mohr Imports, They are a high end auto consignment dealer in Monterey....including Cobras. They have a large offsite storage facility as well. They are not far from the wharf and highway 1.

I bought my VSE from Andrew at Mohr. He is top notch and I suspect may be the guy who can help you arrange what you want.

hauss 10-14-2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJ428CJ (Post 1484027)
We spent the weekend in Monterey a couple weekends ago. We had a great time. Dining and bars are "outdoors" only but most (but not all) are still open. I'm not sure what might be open or closed through Big Sur.

Just got back from Morro Bay go their every year about this time all I can say is wierd vibe getting from folks .some lady in the street yelled out at my 17 year old daughter for not wearing a mask OUTSIDE! I thought there was going to be a riot very uncomfortable people are still adjusting.If as the op said bucket list I would wait just sayin.:JEKYLHYDE

fastd 10-14-2020 10:18 AM

I just spoke with Adam Mohr of Mohr Imports; he is a super nice guy and is happy to help me out. Thanks all.

fastd 10-14-2020 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauss (Post 1484109)
Just got back from Morro Bay go their every year about this time all I can say is wierd vibe getting from folks .some lady in the street yelled out at my 17 year old daughter for not wearing a mask OUTSIDE! I thought there was going to be a riot very uncomfortable people are still adjusting.If as the op said bucket list I would wait just sayin.:JEKYLHYDE

Old ladies will not stop pursuit of a bucket list item! Onwards and upwards.

desgros@vtlink. 10-14-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastd (Post 1484111)
Old ladies will not stop pursuit of a bucket list item! Onwards and upwards.

Outside, none of her business. Should be concerned about herself, not someone else.

John
ERA #3010 Slabside 289 SB BRG

t walgamuth 10-14-2020 12:41 PM

Yes. Adam or his twin brother Andrew.....

Just kidding. It is Adam.

grybrd123 10-14-2020 01:18 PM

Covid Masking

Quote:

Originally Posted by desgros@vtlink. (Post 1484112)
Outside, none of her business. Should be concerned about herself, not someone else.

John
ERA #3010 Slabside 289 SB BRG

Wrong. The masks others wear protects you, and vice-versa.

NROTOXIN 10-14-2020 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauss (Post 1484109)

In Carmel the signs are everywhere to wear a mask or be fined minimum $100. Now a lot of people are outside on the sidewalks passing each other window shopping so was the prudent thing to do. Everybody was in lock step.

hauss 10-14-2020 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NROTOXIN (Post 1484120)
In Carmel the signs are everywhere to wear a mask or be fined minimum $100. Now a lot of people are outside on the sidewalks passing each other window shopping so was the prudent thing to do. Everybody was in lock step.

you said it not me hitler made his troops march lock step. wake up nothing to fear but fear . I ask you with all that fear you harbor why drive the cobra? maybe you should sell it and get a prius they are clean air vehicles seems the prudent thing to do.%/

hauss 10-14-2020 09:08 PM

look OP. all I was trying to tell you is wait a little bit let this thing blow over give it awhile and you will have a better time do what you wish . I would never stop you even if you didn't" wear your mask.

Alfa02 10-15-2020 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauss (Post 1484126)
you said it not me hitler made his troops march lock step. wake up nothing to fear but fear . I ask you with all that fear you harbor why drive the cobra? maybe you should sell it and get a prius they are clean air vehicles seems the prudent thing to do.%/

Hauss, I believe your opinions are better left to oneself, lest you get barred Again. This is neither "The place or the time" to let the rest of us know where you stand :(. TommyRot

Ozzie Goat 10-15-2020 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauss (Post 1484126)

ALWAYS a jerk
can we block posts from individuals ??

Alfa02 10-15-2020 06:39 AM

Sorry Ozzie Goat, Jamo, I think only has the power to do that.

fastd 10-15-2020 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauss (Post 1484127)
look OP. all I was trying to tell you is wait a little bit let this thing blow over give it awhile and you will have a better time do what you wish . I would never stop you even if you didn't" wear your mask.

I appreciate the comment. I was just have some fun. I didn’t mean to offend anyone. Thanks for your input. Regards.

1ntCobra 10-15-2020 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzie Goat (Post 1484135)
ALWAYS a jerk
can we block posts from individuals ??

Your profile has an "Ignore List" feature to ignore users. I have never used the feature so I am not sure exactly what it does.