Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2020, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Looking for Hurricane Motorsports HM1014

Its been a LONG time since I spent anytime on CC.. Too Long... I'll spare you the details of the past 10 years... :-)

I've always had a special place in my heart for my old Cobra... over the past year, its continually come to the front of my mind and I think I've decided to try and find it and see if I can re-acquire her.

I sold her here in Atlanta to a person in TX (through a dealer), who kept her for about a year or so and sold her via Streetside Classics to someone else. Then I lost the trail.

Has anyone heard, seen, read from the HM1014 Chassis? Any leads would greatly be appreciated. It would be great to have her back in the garage if I can locate her. Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't. Either way it would just be cool to talk to the current owner about how they are enjoying each other.

Thanks in advance for your view and consideration all!

Cheers
Ryan Cassidy
Old 11-16-2020, 10:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

If you find it, send the engine back to me and I'll freshen it up for free labor....I'd love to see it again.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Ryan! Don’t know if you remember me but I used to own HM1023. Sold it a couple years ago but am still in touch with the new owner!
Anyway, try getting in touch with Paul Proefrock. He might be able to look who the current owner is. Someone is keeping track of that like a registry for Hurricanes!
Larry
Old 11-16-2020, 12:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, 427w
Not Ranked     

Hey Ryan;
Good to see your name again! I built Hurricane HM1053 and you should know that your build and posting were very helpful to my build.
I still have HM1053 and it still puts a grin on my face everytime I get behind the wheel.
good luck in finding your baby!
Matt
Hurricane Motorsports #1053; 427w
Old 11-16-2020, 01:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by blykins View Post
If you find it, send the engine back to me and I'll freshen it up for free labor....I'd love to see it again.
No doubt bud! That thing was a beast. Worked perfectly and never missed a beat for the 5k I put on it. That was one of your first few motors too wasn't it? You did great work!

Last edited by ryancassidy; 11-16-2020 at 01:59 PM..
Old 11-16-2020, 01:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMH View Post
Hey Ryan! Don’t know if you remember me but I used to own HM1023. Sold it a couple years ago but am still in touch with the new owner!
Anyway, try getting in touch with Paul Proefrock. He might be able to look who the current owner is. Someone is keeping track of that like a registry for Hurricanes!
Larry
Hey Larry.. Yes I do.. been a long time for sure! Good idea on Paul. I'll see if I can track him down!
LMH likes this.
Old 11-16-2020, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE III View Post
Hey Ryan;
Good to see your name again! I built Hurricane HM1053 and you should know that your build and posting were very helpful to my build.
I still have HM1053 and it still puts a grin on my face everytime I get behind the wheel.
good luck in finding your baby!
Matt
Hey Matt! Thats awesome to hear! It was a lot of fun building, but then activities and life were such I never drove it and had to focus on other things. Fast forward to today... and... yeah I miss all the smiles it put on my face. Maybe I'll get lucky and in touch with the current owner. At a minimum, I'd love to see a few pictures in its current state and see how its being enjoyed!

Cheers
Ryan
Old 11-16-2020, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane - FE
Not Ranked     

Ryan
You found me. Unfortunately, no leads on your car. Last record I have from Hurricane still shows you as the owner.

Do you have anything that has the state assigned VIN number? You might be able to check DMV records or CarFax.

Good luck on your search

Paul
Old 11-17-2020, 04:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Love the website Paul!

I know it was sold to a guy in Texas who's son was going to school here at Emory in Atlanta.

Then it seems as if it was sold again through Streetside Classics in TX. Dallas/FW area to be specific...

https://www.streetsideclassics.com/v...fw/1965-shelby

I've got it on my list to reach out to them and see if they'd pass my information to whomever they sold it to. The consignment shop I sold it through in ATL is no longer unfortunately.

Although Paul... Your "Redo" is... well.... making me think some... it was fun building it! :-)
Old 11-17-2020, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ryan
If it moved thru Texas, try reaching out to Ken Walker - Grand PooBahh of the Texas Cobra Club or John Shelton. Both are Hurricane owners and very active in those markets. They might be able to point you towards it

Paul
Old 11-17-2020, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UCC GT 427
Not Ranked     

+1 Try the Texas Cobra Club, very active on FB, I bet somebody on there knows something.
Old 11-20-2020, 04:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Emails into all leads above.
Did several VIN searches... Nothing..
Called Street Side and asked if they'd be willing to share my contact information with the owners they sold it to....

Just keeping an eye out. :-) Maybe more to come.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Just a poke for the thread TTT..

no responses to any inquiry yet outside of what you see above... still looking :-)
Old 11-30-2020, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane, 351W bored and stroked to 408
Not Ranked     

Ryan, I also used your build thread when building my Hurricane. Great help. Try over on
talkcobra.com There are several guys from Texas over there and they may know something.

Sam
Old 12-01-2020, 06:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Sam! good idea. I don't know where all the folks have gone on the boards. CC used to be the spot, but it seems to have gotten quieter here :-(
Old 12-03-2020, 02:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancassidy View Post
Thanks Sam! good idea. I don't know where all the folks have gone on the boards. CC used to be the spot, but it seems to have gotten quieter here :-(
This was said already, but the Texas Cobra Club group on Facebook is very active, if you haven't already explored that.
Old 12-04-2020, 05:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks all!

Facebook... Yeah I don't do all that social media stuff... :-) I guess I'll have to ask my son to help me out there. I'll look into that. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2021, 10:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Just to the top for some eyes.... :-) Talking through a few channels so if you see this elsewhere, my apologies. Anyone with any information on the whereabouts of HM1014 would be greatly appreciated. Still trying to track her down!
Old 12-07-2021, 04:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Still Looking.. sent a few letters, keep working the phones but the numbers/addresses I have seem to be dead ends.... :-(

Anyone sees it or hears of it.. pls drop me a line!

Thanks All!
Old 12-07-2021, 07:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ryan
Did you try running the VIN thru CarFax? Does anyone in Texas Cobra Club have connections with law enforcement who could run it thru DMV?

Paul