LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2021, 01:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Post CRII Cursed by Ryan

Hi,
It took 3 years out of my life to resolve and get the CRII cobra done and sold cause I could not look at it anymore with how much I was ripped off, about 10 + grand.
parts not sent or worthless:
-engine was bagged and not even rebuildable
-motor mounts not welded in
-distributor broken
-master cylinder rusty-worthless
-wiring harness un useable
-no mounting or wiring for gauges-useless
-no carpet just underlay
-no rollbar
-no standard pedals just an auto pedal-worthless
-missing pass door hinge-cost $300 to have one made at machine shop
-many frustrating nights worrying as he would not return my calls.
So after 25 years doing cobra's I'm taking a break to calm my head.
Thanks to my wonderful wife for putting up with it for 3 years.
Maybe I'll do another kit after the virus.
Perry
Alfa02 likes this.
dual 2" roll bars, warmed up 302, E Street aluminum Heads, Comp cam and roller rockers, AOD, 4.10 Eaton Possi, Power Baer/disc brakes, block hugger headers, 2 1/2" under car exhaust, F500 18" black spoke wheels.

Last edited by HighPlainsDrifter; 04-08-2021 at 01:42 PM..
Old 04-08-2021, 04:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA
Not Ranked     

Why did you purchase it?
Old 04-08-2021, 04:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation I ordered a kit

I put 1/2 down on a kit as he claimed to be a Canadian distributor. So for 2 years he dodged my calls until I got a partial kit from him and his friend in Saskatchewan. It was the only way to recoup some of my money I paid out as he went bankrupt and would never give me my deposit back.
Lesson learned, only deal with established companies.
P
dual 2" roll bars, warmed up 302, E Street aluminum Heads, Comp cam and roller rockers, AOD, 4.10 Eaton Possi, Power Baer/disc brakes, block hugger headers, 2 1/2" under car exhaust, F500 18" black spoke wheels.
Old 04-08-2021, 05:08 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Thanks Perry, for giving us a quick story, on ALL YOUR PAIN & SUFFERING dealing with this POS, I believe we all felt it too. Sorry buddy to hear your taking a break, but I do understand. Lets still stay in touch and of course anytime you get down here, you're always welcome to hang with us. Cheers Tom.
twobjshelbys likes this.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA
Not Ranked     

I'm sorry for your situation even though I can't help repair it. I travelled to Delaware to get a Unique FIA for a good price. It's a family.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

I just hope the newbies that have talked with him and think he's a good guy just misunderstood see this and the con man he is.

It wouldn't happen if it weren't that Canada is so restrictive and they see him for a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. If something seems too good to be true it almost always is.
eschaider and Alfa02 like this.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 04-09-2021 at 04:38 PM..
Old 04-09-2021, 07:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

I’m not a newbie. I have the car I put downpayment on in 1991. I lost $7000 in the CR bankruptcy. My wife told me where to stick the frame in 1994 AS SHE LEFT! Peace.Party On from all of us at WyattCo

Last edited by sunman; 04-14-2021 at 05:06 PM..
Old 04-09-2021, 09:00 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

If you read HPD's post here, I hardly think $2000 throwed at this pile of parts, he received from this POS, would have built any kind of car. HPD had (hoped) $2000 in parts would have got him there, but sadly that was not the case. We gave you our ideas & advice, about dealing with this (Guy) nicest word I could come up with. If you get "Screwed over" I don't think posting here about it, you're get much sympathy from anyone. You know it's funny, when I received my 1992 kit, June 2016 (Maybe 50-60%) compete, and 75-80% of the parts there, I reached out to our members, and not only did they come though but most wouldn't even hear of taking any money for them (RBGray1, RB Moore, etc.) I Never once had reach out to that (Guy) maybe it all has to do with how you approach a task, and/or a person to get the best end result. Good luck, and Peace Out, TommyRot.
twobjshelbys likes this.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We can’t get fiberglass parts. He’s got the molds. What if Fender Bender was a whole fender? I’m going to check out if the molds even exist. We could use photos here for history anyway

Last edited by sunman; 04-10-2021 at 04:35 AM..
Old 04-10-2021, 04:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0
Not Ranked     

HPD- I almost got taken by him myself. He wanted to "borrow" my car to fit his new frame to an original CR body Said he would "give me one of the new stronger frames" I almost fell for it

But after 2 conversations with him, something seemed not quite right. And I decided to pass. Every time I described what I was doing with my car- he "One Upped" me telling me that his would have more HP- better brakes, and more!

When he described the costs he went thru for an engineering study of the strength of the frame to pass Canadian laws and I said I would like to see it since I am an Engineer as well- did I get pushback and sidestepping!

Missed that landmine with luck.

Though my car is still not done do to my own life priorities- I still have it in my possession

Thom
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Same here Thom. I was the first to call him. I wanna see the molds. Took a while to find them after Don closed up

Last edited by sunman; 04-14-2021 at 05:07 PM..
Old 04-11-2021, 08:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Post money pit

Well he shorted me parts but to finish the cobra properly I put 25K more into it as I would never do a half ass car.
Perry
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey I have figured that out! Check my page Ryan is in my Club Cobra life forever... I’m going to see the if the molds are there. Just want photos really. I told eaks we had a problem and do cash after delivery. Bring a sheriff too. I was going by your 2017 post , sorry I brought it up. Really, sorry. Your the reason I’m going turbo. Got hand notes on everything 5.0 you posted. I hope we are cool. I’m starting to build this car 30 years later. I’m retired and now it’s all I do. You car came out great. Somebody loves that car now! Party on, Wyatt

Last edited by sunman; 04-11-2021 at 11:49 AM..
Old 04-11-2021, 10:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 manowar forged crank roller rockers . BIG CAM.
Not Ranked     

Hello HighPlainsDifter I see a Goldwing in your avatar .I think you may have the same on some Goldwing sites. I just found it to be interesting that you as well as myself have a cobra and also ride goldwings. I am leaving from california and headed to the keys going to ride the gulf down and back up on the atlantic side north as far as virginia then start heading west. Sorry to hear about your luck. I also was going to build instead ,I found a backdraft in near perfect condition so, I purchased it.Not a engineer but a retired sheetmetal worker 5 year apprenticeship 30 years in the trades worked with tons of cal poly engineers,we all got along just great there are some really good engineers coming out of there.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Looks like a goldwing in your avatar but you say in your profile kawi 1400 ?
Old 04-11-2021, 01:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Bikes

Hi,
yes I have had the wing but now tour in a new ram hemi and 26' trailer, the wing was too heavy around town. I raced the kawi 1400 and had great fun with it. Now I have a Kawi 650 versys 650 LT for bombing around on. It gets 50+ mpg and need that as premium gas is $6.80 a gal here
Perry
Attached Images

Last edited by HighPlainsDrifter; 04-11-2021 at 01:59 PM..
Old 04-13-2021, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Surprised to hear your wing was too heavy. My wife rides mine. I think they are very well balanced ,very easy to ride .Should have tried a corbin seat maybe, trim the front. I know the seat is a little wide in the front causing some people to drop them on their side.I have owned mine since 2007 . As far as gas prices go I drive a ford 7.3 Powerstoke f250 4 door longbed 20mph+ also tow a 32' fifth wheel toy hauler . 3 transmissions in 300,000 miles finally installed billet torque converter and big trans pan. Seems to be the solution for longevity. Happy camping.