Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Cobras ....described as feminine ?? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/144983-cobras-described-feminine.html)

xb-60 07-08-2021 06:07 PM

Cobras ....described as feminine ??

Here on Club Cobra, I’ve seen so many owners of Cobras refer to their cars as “she” or “her”.

Why is this? What am I missing?

OK, typically they (Cobras) are good looking, but in a masculine way, surely?
There’s the small butt, big nose, loud, “faster than a speeding bullet… more powerful than a locomotive" … etc so tell me, where’s the femininity in that?

One of my other cars is an old Alfa. His nickname's Luigi. He also is loud (very), belches a lot and grumpy when cold. Driving him at low speed can be compared with arm wrestling.
Nothing whatsoever feminine there either.

So…. why do so many owners of Cobras refer to their cars as “she”?

Cheers :D
Glen

Grubby 07-08-2021 06:26 PM

Cars are like women; temperamental and expensive.

Of course my lady is the exception.

ERA 755 was Lisa Marie

John

Bruce.huling 07-08-2021 07:41 PM

Astrid. All my bikes and cars have been female with few exemptions. Personal choice. Usually there is a backstory.

Sycraft 07-08-2021 08:28 PM

simple, mines a Ho, I spend alot of time with her, she is my mistress and she takes my money. best of all, my wife approves...

RB60 07-09-2021 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sycraft (Post 1494623)
simple, mines a Ho, I spend alot of time with her, she is my mistress and she takes my money. best of all, my wife approves...

...and the ride is invigorating :)

1795 07-09-2021 03:38 AM

I love her and she takes my breath away. While she is strong, fast and dangerous, she is also temperamental and gorgeous. Let's face it guys, we might be good looking or even handsome, we are never gorgeous like a woman ;)

Tommy 07-09-2021 05:06 AM

My inanimate objects are all neutral. I'm not in to anthropomorphizing pets and objects.

Buzz 07-09-2021 07:42 AM

Vessels in general have historically been assigned female by their (mostly male) owners. Ships, planes cars, etc. It has to do with the passion and affection that the owners have for their vehicles. Typically, men are more naturally inclined to feel and express love and affection towards entities of the female persuasion and find it awkward to do so towards something masculine. It's not as serious as it all sounds though - hardly a big deal at all. Women do the same in their own way. I once knew a beautiful Norwegian girl who called her car "Sven". :LOL:

MKS427 07-09-2021 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think this is all you need to know.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...=18723&thumb=1

FredG 07-10-2021 04:01 AM

Gender referring pronouns will soon be outlawed. Get use to referring to a Cobra as a they.

DanEC 07-10-2021 06:14 AM

I don’t know - the 427 wide hip cars have a pretty big butt. Sort of a Kim Kardashion look.

Buzz 07-10-2021 09:07 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

xb-60 07-10-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredG (Post 1494662)
Gender referring pronouns will soon be outlawed. Get use to referring to a Cobra as a they.

Oh, no, don't tell me you're going the same way we are here (in Aus.)? :eek:

xb-60 07-10-2021 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 1494635)
....It has to do with the passion and affection that the owners have for their vehicles....

Buzz, I still think that if my Alfa, or Cobra, morphed into a human, I'd be wanting to go to the pub for a couple of beers with him rather than suggesting a romantic candlelit soiree :D

Cheers!
Glen

Buzz 07-10-2021 06:15 PM

We need to let the Cobras determine their own sexual identities and let them use whatever washrooms fit their chosen genders.

Sycraft 07-10-2021 08:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Which bathroom did yours choose, lol

Unique427 07-11-2021 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanEC (Post 1494664)
I don’t know - the 427 wide hip cars have a pretty big butt. Sort of a Kim Kardashion look.

Cobras come in (3) hip sizes:

1) Narrow
2) Wide
3) Badonkadonk (Kim Kardashian Limited Edition)

Unique427 07-11-2021 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sycraft (Post 1494719)
Which bathroom did yours choose, lol

Depends where it's leaking gender fluid.

RB60 07-11-2021 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xb-60 (Post 1494705)
Buzz, I still think that if my Alfa, or Cobra, morphed into a human, I'd be wanting to go to the pub for a couple of beers with him rather than suggesting a romantic candlelit soiree :D

Cheers!
Glen

You wouldn't want "her" to give you a ride (or vice-versa)?

SFSDFGT 07-11-2021 04:09 PM

Yeah, my wife thinks that our Cobra is the “cutest little car” we have. %/