Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   A "Snake Bite " to Remember (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/146117-snake-bite-remember.html)

Alfa02 08-05-2022 08:54 PM

A "Snake Bite " to Remember

2 Attachment(s)
Since the site been down, I've had plenty of time to do my (Normal) dumb thing's. But I believe I may have out done myself this time. Years ago, we had a granddaughter that was Oh, around 2-3 years old, and just loved the outline of a Lion on our Wood Stove, well you guessed it, she touched it one day and brunt her finger. From then on, we played the game, we would say "Could be" and she would say "Dangerous" and we would say "Must use" and she would say "Caution" Well Grandpa Tom, used none of those the other day. After a grand drive, and a spirited last 4-miles, I pulled into friend house, and without thinking got out of the Cobra, got my leg caught on the pipe, and ended up with 3rd degree burns Not Smart and totally My Fault. Go ahead guys give me a ration I deserve it. But a humorous story came out of it. In the urgent care, my Doctor came in and said what seems to be the problem, Snake Bite I said. Well at least there are no Poisonous snakes in the Pacific Northwest, so what kind of snake bit you. I said, "bet me, my Cobra bit me", she damn near dropped her chart, and turned pale white ;) Then I showed her a picture :) Everyone on staff had a great laugh, and she said I can tell everyone I treated a Cobra bite and the Patient lived. Some lessons are harder to learn than others :) Cheers guys.

KarlzEE Bebout 08-05-2022 09:28 PM

I have no doubt that this will not be the last one for you, if you actually get your car out very often. You'll be jabbering at someone and forget, just for a skinny minute. :)

Alfa02 08-05-2022 10:10 PM

Me Jabbering??? "Shirley, you Jest" and "Stop calling me Shirley"

Snake2998 08-06-2022 03:08 AM

Owie - Nobody deserves that - even if they were careless - my sympathy

undy 08-06-2022 03:38 AM

That hurts just to look at it.

mrmustang 08-06-2022 06:10 AM

It happens, not to me mind you, but it happens :D

Bill S.

CompFi 08-06-2022 06:39 AM

"Public Safety Announcement" of sorts for this community

Ouch! Painful indeed just to look at that.

But my sincere appreciation for your willingness to add potential "insults to injury" by sharing this mishap with the rest of us.

For noobs like me, all such reminders are indispensable.

Blas 08-06-2022 06:46 AM

Moderna Jel is a good to use for next few weeks twice a day. I’m sure others have suggestions.
Blas

Tom Wells 08-06-2022 06:58 AM

Alfa,

Just in case you may be motivated to do something about that hotspot, here's an earlier thread you may find is a starting point: http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/back...place-buy.html

Heal well and quickly,

Tom

incoming 08-06-2022 08:59 AM

That sizzling sound and the smell is the worst. I used to have a bad habit of wearing flipflops while rising my Shovel.

HighPlainsDrifter 08-06-2022 12:35 PM

been there done that

Hi,
Sorry for the pain!
That is why this cobra has undercar exhaust.
Perry
:MECOOL:

jknich 08-06-2022 02:43 PM

Tom! Ouch, Man!

sgianino 08-06-2022 05:08 PM

My buddys leg last season from my car...by the time his leg told his brain it was to late

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...Cobra_Bite.jpg

6TNCRZY 08-06-2022 05:23 PM

My wife got a 3rd degree snake bite off my ERA 427.
The antibiotics prescribed resulted in a C Diff infection that made her extremely sick requiring 3 stays in the hospital over the next 3 months. I now have an ERA FIA with the side pipes tucked under the side of the body.

tonywyso 08-06-2022 05:51 PM

That happened to me from my Harley. That only needs happen once and you don't forget.

xb-60 08-06-2022 07:04 PM

So Tom, you can now say you have some skin in the game :rolleyes:

Cheers!
Glen

eschaider 08-06-2022 10:15 PM

Sad to see the snake bite, Tom. Hope it is the last one.

I know they are bulky and cumbersome but the rollout welding blankets do an excellent job of protecting and they force you to think about the danger. They are also one more thing to do before closing the door after you exit the car.

g4g2g7 08-07-2022 06:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by eschaider (Post 1509082)
I know they are bulky and cumbersome but the rollout welding blankets do an excellent job of protecting and they force you to think about the danger. They are also one more thing to do before closing the door after you exit the car.

There’s been plenty of good pics of the blankets on past threads, but had to post this pic of some we saw at the LCS this year. Somebody went above and beyond with these and they obviously look great.

Jaws67 08-07-2022 07:21 AM

Hi Tom! New guy here! I can vouch for the pain! My wife and I had our first test drive this week and both got bit. I think it was the cars’ way of letting us know she wanted to come home with us. Deal is in progress! :)
Cheers,
Marty

Alfa02 08-07-2022 09:34 AM

Thank you, Gentlemen, the get-well wishes are greatly appreciated. It just goes to show what a momentary lapse of concentration with our cars, even just sitting can cause injuries. Tom (Wells) I do have guards over the pipes but moved my left foot 3-4 inches father back then normal, and the edge of the guard caught my shoe. Now to add insult to injury, I learned my leg Insurance (Remember Betty Gable insuranced hers for 1 million dollars, back in the 1940's) had lapsed, so NO BIG payoff on my Dancer Leg's...... Damn ;) Cheers Tom.