Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2022, 06:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     
Default This site is quieter than a high school reunion!

Hey, this site is quieter than a high school 50th reunion. Anyone doing anything interesting to their cars? Anyone thinking of doing anything to their cars? Finish any projects?
I’m doing another Wiring Diagram for the Grand Sport and working on a new project, some wheel-well vents near the headers.
Blas

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 09-08-2022, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ford 302
Not Ranked     

Its Summer here in Michigan, driving as much as I can... no time for projects until winter
hazards280 likes this.
Old 09-09-2022, 02:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Fresh 427 S/O
Not Ranked     

Just had a 427 SO built for my Unique. Can't wait for it to arrive and get it installed

https://youtu.be/N2ie2t77-UQ

Guaranteed to make 150 HP
Old 09-09-2022, 03:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
Hey, this site is quieter than a high school 50th reunion....Blas
Sure is, Blas.
I wish I had something to add here on ClubCobra (something/anything!!) on my build.... checking back, it was 8 June (now more than three months ago!) that my car went to have engine and gearbox fitted.
No progress. COVID delays mostly. Not Happy

Cheers
Glen
Old 09-09-2022, 04:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Cleaning up the 73 Shelby Cobra bus 390. It’s a fresh .040 over D4TE and was parked for years. Has 65 C4AE 6090 heads. It’s all new shopping for a manifold and Hooker Comp headers.
Party On
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2022, 04:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

This time last year I was up to my elbows working on the engine for my Cheetah, but that job turned out well and is done. Earlier this year I was renovating a pontoon boat, and now I working on my RV, tractor and old Corvette. So I've got plenty of projects underway, but none suitable for this forum. . . . About the only thing on my car radar is that two families have asked me to drop by on their children's birthdays (6 and 9) to give them a ride in the Cheetah this month.
navyeod likes this.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
Old 09-09-2022, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Blueprint 351, St. 408
Not Ranked     

Assembling my first Cobra from Shell Valley. I'm just about ready to do some initial sanding on the body. Waiting on an engine from Blue Print.
Old 09-09-2022, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Cleaning my car up to sell. Time has come.

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp
Old 09-09-2022, 09:50 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

I replaced the little black plastic gasket on the primary fuel bowl driver's side screw. Now, you might say, "oooh, what a tough job that was." But it actually was tough because it had a brand new gasket in there from when I recently rebuilt the carb but every time the temperature would go down below 50 degrees it would drip a small leak. Well, not every time, but randomly. And it did this consistently over the last couple of years. I retorqued it using my beam inch/lbs torque wrench (because I crack Holley bowls when I tighten them by hand) and it would stop the leak for a while. This time though the leak returned on a hot day. So I took all four screws out and looked real hard at the black plastic gasket on the screw that leaked. It had two funny little circle marks on it that looked like manufacturing marks and all my extra screw bowl gaskets were nice and smooth. So I replaced it, the leak is gone, hopefully never to return, and if it does return then I'll hit it with the big gun -- Hylomar Blue. Yeah, that'll teach it. Just goes to show you though that a brand new plastic gasket can be bad and, of course, I never inspect them before I put them on either.
Dominik likes this.
Old 09-09-2022, 10:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison LS1
Not Ranked     

I'm actually working towards making my engine setup to be an alum ls package with higher effiency type build for best milage and run on 87 octane---this $5 + premium fuel is out off the question but if prices do come back to normal the 427 will get another chance----
Old 09-09-2022, 10:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'll be changing my drippy aft crank seal (one piece) on a 351W block here soon. Adding a Dual disc clutch and alum flywheel. My old alum flywheel is probably good but by time I change the steel friction plate, get it flat ground, get the clutch and flywheel balanced as an assy. It's cheaper to buy a match balanced clutch and flywheel kit. I'll post a shopping list once done.
Old 09-09-2022, 10:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Waiting to hear when Roush will have the 427SR built for my Superformance MKIII. At least the car is here in the States now, but it's tough waiting so long for delivery then getting hung up over the engine...
Old 09-09-2022, 10:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Ford
Not Ranked     

I am rebuilding the engine do to a bad Cam , So while the engine is out I am adding power brakes and rewiring the car , Ed
Old 09-09-2022, 11:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Agreed, have trouble posting new posts please let me know how? thanks
Old 09-09-2022, 11:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alloy Shelby CSX 8057/Kirkham 1010, 289 Vintage Lykins Build
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthulu View Post
Waiting to hear when Roush will have the 427SR built for my Superformance MKIII. At least the car is here in the States now, but it's tough waiting so long for delivery then getting hung up over the engine...
Where in the States did your SPF land? They have been changing up their US distribution points.
Old 09-09-2022, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Car show at the old Meadowdale international Racetrack on Saturday. Always an interesting event. Big British Car Show on Sunday. Next week is the final Road America event.... that’s it for 2022.
Blas

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
Old 09-09-2022, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley w/BluePrint 408
Not Ranked     

Nothing going on with my Shell Valley. Been at the painter since November 2021 and it still isn’t done yet. Every excuse from being short handed, to everyone has Covid, to other issues took priority.
I now live vicariously thru other cobra builds.

John
Old 09-09-2022, 05:41 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Ten months at the painters? That makes no sense at all.
Old 09-09-2022, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Waiting to hear when Roush will have the 427SR built for my Superformance MKIII. At least the car is here in the States now….

Whats your car number?
Blas

Old 09-09-2022, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Made 1 of the 2 aluminum bands to go around the SS screen today for the wheel well vents. I decided to roll the outside edge of the band to cover the edge of the SS screen behind it. So I made a hardwood jig to evenly roll the edge all around with a hammer. Will probably do the actual installation over the winter, but will have everything ready to install. Also made templates of everything for future use if people like them. Will post a photo when they are finished.