Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Who makes 3.75” spaced Quick Lifts (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/146463-who-makes-3-75-spaced-quick-lifts.html)

renaissance man 12-08-2022 08:03 AM

Who makes 3.75” spaced Quick Lifts

Wondering if any of you out there have quick lifts installed on your car that have bolt spacing of 3.75 inches versus the alternative 2.25 inches? I need a set made at 3.75 inches but do not know who makes them? @Cobra Manufactures Group
Here is that thread:
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-...uick-lift.html

1985 CCX 12-08-2022 02:14 PM

Avoid any NH vendor!

patrickt 12-08-2022 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985 CCX (Post 1512696)
Avoid any NH vendor!

He has to avoid an entire state?!?:JEKYLHYDE

mrmustang 12-08-2022 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renaissance man (Post 1512690)
Wondering if any of you out there have quick lifts installed on your car that have bolt spacing of 3.75 inches versus the alternative 2.25 inches? I need a set made at 3.75 inches but do not know who makes them? @Cobra Manufactures Group
Here is that thread:
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-...uick-lift.html

Easiest thing to do is buy a set, have the existing holes welded shut, then redrill the desired pattern.

Bill S.

patrickt 12-08-2022 07:14 PM

Or just cut them out of thick plastic and paint them. No one would know the difference and they're pretty much useless anyway. You sure can't jack your car up with them.:cool:

Alfa02 12-08-2022 11:25 PM

When we were getting our 'Club Cobra' badges made, we thought a good way to mount them, would be between the bumper tubes. Then found out most are 2.25" some @ 2.50", and longer wheelbase cars (Classic Roadster, and few others) @ 3.50" Have never seen or heard of 3.75" I would say Bill S. or Patrickt ideas are best choices, as Patrickt said, we can never use as intended anyways :). Cheers Tom.

Snake2998 12-08-2022 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1512708)
Or just cut them out of thick plastic and paint them. No one would know the difference and they're pretty much useless anyway. You sure can't jack your car up with them.:cool:

I like that Idea - might even try it for my quick lifts using thick HDPE. Might be less damaging to shins as well!

1985 CCX 12-09-2022 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1512698)
He has to avoid an entire state?!?:JEKYLHYDE

There is only one NH crook that services this market as I know of it.

renaissance man 12-09-2022 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 1512707)
Easiest thing to do is buy a set, have the existing holes welded shut, then redrill the desired pattern.

Bill S.

Bill, the only problem is the flange on the side does not extend long enough in a straight line to drill a secondary hole or I would probably do that as that is the easiest fix.

Mark IV 12-10-2022 07:24 AM

We have the standard 2.25" quick-jacks available; they are Superformance take-offs, steel power coated black. $100.00 for a set of 4. They have minor blemishes as they have been installed. Pictures available on request. rick@timemachinesauto.com or 716.812.3938

Mark IV 12-10-2022 08:30 AM

We have the standard 2.25" quick-jacks available; they are Superformance take-offs, steel power coated black. $100.00 for a set of 4. They have minor blemishes as they have been installed. Pictures available on request. rick@timemachinesauto.com or 716.812.3938

renaissance man 12-10-2022 09:09 AM

I’m thinking what I may need to do is get a piece of plate steel maybe an eighth of an inch thick or so and drilled two holes in it that are 3.75” apart, then mount the quick jacks with their current whole spacing of 2.25” on the plate.

Unique427 12-11-2022 05:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by renaissance man (Post 1512761)
I’m thinking what I may need to do is get a piece of plate steel maybe an eighth of an inch thick or so and drilled two holes in it that are 3.75” apart, then mount the quick jacks with their current whole spacing of 2.25” on the plate.

The attached image represents my interpretation of your idea.

Yellow = Outline of metal adapter

Green = Attachement holes at 2-1/4"

Red = Attachment when bottom hole is extended to 3-3/4"

The bottom attachment hole for the 5/16"-18 bolt
needs to be countersunk to avoid interference if the
adapter plate is positioned behind the Quick Lift bracket.
A 5/16"-18 hex key countersunk bolt will work. The bolt
head is .195" so an 1/8" would not be thick enough.
Adapter positioned in front of the Quick Lift bracket will likely
require you to hog out a relief for bottom bolt clearance (red circle).

Does this look like what you were thinking?

renaissance man 12-11-2022 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unique427 (Post 1512772)
The attached image represents my interpretation of your idea.

Yellow = Outline of metal adapter

Green = Attachement holes at 2-1/4"

Red = Attachment when bottom hole is extended to 3-3/4"

The bottom attachment hole for the 5/16"-18 bolt
needs to be countersunk to avoid interference if the
adapter plate is positioned behind the Quick Lift bracket.
A 5/16"-18 hex key countersunk bolt will work. The bolt
head is .195" so an 1/8" would not be thick enough.
Adapter positioned in front of the Quick Lift bracket will likely
require you to hog out a relief for bottom bolt clearance (red circle).

Does this look like what you were thinking?

EXACTLY! Bought some quarter inch by three-quarter inch wide steel at the Home Depot. It will fit perfectly and not even show! The quick lift will bolt in the top pole just as you were showing and I will book the plate again at the bottom hole and make the 2 1/4 inch hole, the middle hole that showing on your drawing. I’m not sure about everybody else’s, but my tubes boat directly into the frame itself. So, with half-inch all thread, going through the center of the steel tubes directly into the frame, this should easily be able to hold being jacked up.

Unique427 12-12-2022 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renaissance man (Post 1512797)
EXACTLY! Bought some quarter inch by three-quarter inch wide steel at the Home Depot. It will fit perfectly and not even show! The quick lift will bolt in the top pole just as you were showing and I will book the plate again at the bottom hole and make the 2 1/4 inch hole, the middle hole that showing on your drawing. I’m not sure about everybody else’s, but my tubes boat directly into the frame itself. So, with half-inch all thread, going through the center of the steel tubes directly into the frame, this should easily be able to hold being jacked up.

I had high quality stainless steel round stock lathe turned, polished and
tapped extra deep on new support rods. Attached to frame
using ARP polished 5/16"-18 bolts both front and back side.

I use a small race jack under any Quick Lift bracket to raise a wheel
high enough to get a 3 ton floor jack under and onto the frame.
Also, if I ever have the misfortune of a road flat, the car can be lifted
high enough to position a trunk scissor jack underneath for wheel removal.

Upon testing there was no visible deformation or evidence of stress.