Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Help identifying mystery frame? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/146754-help-identifying-mystery-frame.html)

Ravine 03-27-2023 04:45 PM

Help identifying mystery frame?

1 Attachment(s)
I stumbled across a frame that I am considering making an offer on. Owner has no idea who built it. I have looked at a lot of frame pics and this looks different than the ones I have seen so far. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

eschaider 03-27-2023 05:45 PM

Oh, that one's an easy one.

It is obviously a MaioCardio YubiWazzy IV. It is easy to tell when you look at the chassis detail just in front of the front frame rail kick up and below the rear frame rail kick up just over the differential.

Ravine 03-27-2023 05:51 PM

Yeah, I kinda figured the same. Either that or two Nova subframes welded together. Hard to tell in the pic though.

mrmustang 03-27-2023 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravine (Post 1515894)
Yeah, I kinda figured the same. Either that or two Nova subframes welded together. Hard to tell in the pic though.

A hard pass, save your money for something built better.

Bill S.

Ravine 03-27-2023 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 1515897)
A hard pass, save your money for something built better.

Bill S.

Bill, probably a wise choice. Thanks.

Ravine 03-28-2023 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravine (Post 1515898)
Bill, probably a wise choice. Thanks.

That said, if anyone can identify this frame I am still interested to know. Assuming it is not just a home-brew.

mvanhorn8893 03-28-2023 07:59 AM

Rear Jag independent rear sort of looks like the one on this page.

Kits

F.A.Q.

You would need more frame photos from different views to know.

Ravine 03-28-2023 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvanhorn8893 (Post 1515914)
Rear Jag independent rear sort of looks like the one on this page.

Kits

F.A.Q.

You would need more frame photos from different views to know.

Thanks, I had looked at the Unique frame pics too and also noticed some similarity. Not sure what their cowl support structure looks like as I have not found any pics of that yet. I should have more pics of this frame in the next couple of days and will post them.

PDUB 03-28-2023 09:17 PM

Well,

I believe that the Unique Motorcars cowl support is integral to the body, not stand alone on the chassis like this one...

Ravine 03-29-2023 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDUB (Post 1515939)
I believe that the Unique Motorcars cowl support is integral to the body, not stand alone on the chassis like this one...

Thanks, that would explain why I have not found photos of it. I also see some differences in the front area between this frame and the Unique. I have found some photos of Allied Industries International or Allied Fiberglass and this frame looks a lot like theirs.

Allied Industries Catalog - Club Cobra Photo Gallery

blykins 03-29-2023 08:04 AM

I like the fact that it's just sitting on top of a shipping container out in the middle of everything.

eschaider 03-29-2023 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blykins (Post 1515952)
I like the fact that it's just sitting on top of a shipping container out in the middle of everything.

I did too Brent. I thought that it was a very forward looking sort of messaging. Sort of a ready to ship as soon as your check clears deal.:D

Ravine 03-29-2023 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blykins (Post 1515952)

Yeah, I am not sure if I have to bring my own ladder, not sure he is including the cement blocks either.

Ravine 03-29-2023 10:07 AM

pics....

Ravine 03-29-2023 10:13 AM

trying this again....

sunman 03-29-2023 10:16 AM

That looks a lot like an Allied.
Dean Morrison and a couple guys started Allied in 1982.
Morrison as in Everett-Morrison.
What’s in the box below?
She’s got maybe a Mustang II front and someone said a Jag rear end with 2 rims.
Don’t worry sweetheart, we are coming to get you down.

Ravine 03-29-2023 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunman (Post 1515959)
That looks a lot like an Allied.
Dean Morrison and a couple guys started Allied in 1982.
Morrison as in Everett-Morrison.
What’s in the box below?
She’s got maybe a Mustang II front and someone said a Jag rear end with 2 rims.
Don’t worry sweetheart, we are coming to get you down.

It is a Jag rear end, wheels are not pin drives and are unknown manufacturer. No other parts with it than what is shown, unfortunately. Having trouble uploading the rest of my pics for some reason. The welds on the frame, some don't look great. The cowl hoop and hoop by the roll bar are both bolt on. Looking at bare bodies, Shell Valley sells one but it is priced around $8000. An ERA base kit sure looks like a better value....

sunman 03-29-2023 10:58 AM

Somewhere in a post about Allied bodies was a reply stating “I own the CSX car the bodies were splashed from” and had the number too.
This would be interesting to see on BaT if it is an Allied Industries International chassis.

Thor maine 03-29-2023 02:09 PM

It looks like a Arntz /Butler

sunman 03-29-2023 04:32 PM

Your right the Allied link ad looks like a cleaned up version of the Steven Arntz Plan A drawing which was a couple years earlier.
The Arntz drawing has an 8-1-8? date, the last number of date cut off in the 750hp post. Has to be 1980.
Allied was a dune buggy manufacturer, they made the Fun Buggy and had a Sportsland Unlimited division made car kits.