Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   ERA 289 FIA for sale (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/146939-era-289-fia-sale.html)

Dangerous Doug 05-28-2023 03:03 PM

ERA 289 FIA for sale

Hi Fellow Cobra Enthusiasts,

I just listed for sale my ERA 289 here on ClubCobra.com. I joined ClubCobra back in 2000 and started researching Cobras and ultimately zeroed in on the ERA 289 FIA as the most desirable Cobra for me. ClubCobra and its membership has been an excellent resource over the years and I am indebted to many of you for your valuable advice and friendship.

I laid down my deposit in 2004 with ERA and took delivery of the body bonded and mounted on the powder coated frame the next year and started building. Truth be told, I think I spent more money building as I went because I found it much easier to buy up on components rather than the package. The fun stuff: Keith Craft 331 "425 hp", TKO-600, aluminum subframe rear suspension with outboard brakes, 427-style Vintage Racing wheels, "near show quality" black paint by StreetRodPainter in Marysville CA, and ERA FIA seats upholstered in black leather.

It took me a while to afford all the fun stuff, so I worked on it for several years. The KC 331 is actually my second engine as I started with a 302 but my ego took over and I decided I needed something more pumped up. As a bit of a back story, soon after I made the initial purchase my son got leukemia and crawling around underneath my Cobra became my catharsis while I got him successfully through his two-year long treatment. I did all of my own work, installing the electrical, front and rear suspension, engine(s), transmission. The only thing I really didn't do was the body work and paint because well, it wouldn't look as nice as it does if I had!

I've logged over 20k miles myself covering mostly the California Central Coast down along the Big Sur Coast all the way up to the Northern California Wine Country.

I have loved this Cobra and it's not without that heavy feeling that I've chosen to offer it up for sale. It's a thing of beauty but I find I am simply not driving it as frequently as I used to. Maybe I'm getting old and that pumped up 302 isn't providing enough footwell heat to keep me warm enough anymore. Maybe my advanced age makes that 331 too scary for m--nah, that's not it.

Whenever I do drive it I get lots of thumbs up and waves and enthusiastic questions. It's been an amazing ride, and I would be remiss if I didn't provide a shout out to Peter and Bob and the rest of the crew at ERA for their advice and support over the years. Now this ERA is available for another enthusiast.

Cheers, and thanks Mates for all the help over the years,
Dangerous Doug

PhotoPost Classifieds - ERA 289 FIA #2108 for sale - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

tkb289 05-28-2023 03:22 PM

Doug,

Sorry to hear it’s time for your FIA to find a new home. Best of luck with the sale, hope your car goes to a good home and to someone who will enjoy the Cobra as much as you have.

- Tim

patrickt 05-28-2023 03:23 PM

Beautiful car and a very reasonable price.:cool:

mrmustang 05-28-2023 03:51 PM

Smoking deal to say the least.
The SB100 makes this super desirable to those living in California.

I suspect this will not last long.

Bill S.

KarlzEE Bebout 05-28-2023 07:02 PM

What a beauty! Too bad I don't need two. :)

Alfa02 05-28-2023 08:11 PM

Doug, just sent you a PM. Maybe this time Bill & Karl ;) Thanks both of you for your "Heads up" Cheers Tom.

Dangerous Doug 05-28-2023 09:03 PM

Thanks Gents. Not an easy decision to make. Alfa02 PM sent.

-Doug

Alfa02 05-28-2023 09:36 PM

Got it Doug, will talk tomorrow, I look forward to it, Cheers Tom.

KarlzEE Bebout 05-29-2023 09:34 AM

Doug, I hope you've got an extra hour, or two, if you're going to talk to TommyRot. :)

King- cobra 05-29-2023 11:49 AM

I tried to PM you but message is not going through. Please contact me as I am interested in the Cobra.
Thanks

Alfa02 05-29-2023 01:34 PM

Karlos, 2hours 20mins, that say's it all. ;)

Dangerous Doug 05-29-2023 02:31 PM

It's all good, Tom. Wasn't that before we got disconnected from the first call, though?

-Doug

Alfa02 05-29-2023 04:09 PM

Indeed Doug, maybe 3-hours total ;)

1985 CCX 05-29-2023 04:23 PM

How does one contact you?

mrmustang 05-29-2023 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985 CCX (Post 1517610)
How does one contact you?

867-5309 ;)

Bill S.

patrickt 05-29-2023 05:48 PM

No, the new number is Beechwood 4-5789.:cool:

Booswd 05-30-2023 06:51 PM

PM sent

KarlzEE Bebout 05-30-2023 08:15 PM

But the OLD number is:

Pennsylvania 6 five thousand....
Glen Miller said so. :)

johno42 05-31-2023 12:19 PM

You're dating yourself. :LOL:

John O

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlzEE Bebout (Post 1517638)
But the OLD number is:

Pennsylvania 6 five thousand....
Glen Miller said so. :)

KarlzEE Bebout 05-31-2023 12:59 PM

JohnO, it was actually before my time, but I played in a 13 piece dance band in HS and we played a lot of the Glen Miller, Les Brown, Benny Goodman, Dorsey stuff. It's near and dear to me, but doesn't take the place of THE MIGHTY LED ZEPPELIN :eek: