28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2007, 12:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default shamrock cobras

does anyone know if their still in business or have a web address or a link.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, 418 Stroker
Not Ranked     

I have a 2 year old email address for them:
SHAMROCKCOBRA427@aol.com.
Good luck.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shamrock Cobra, Ford Cleveland 351-4V
Not Ranked     

I live in Cape Town, South Africa and which is where they had their factory. They closed down about 3 years back after some big dispute between partners.

If you need technical support, I can put you in touch with their former workshop foreman and who knows the car well and who can still get supply of the various parts. Hope this is of help
Charlieh
Old 09-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Do a shearch for Shamrock and you will find a post about backspacing. All the way to the right you can click on the link and it will take you to a Shamrock forum here on CC. The last login was 6-07.

Terry
Old 09-15-2007, 12:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR - LS2
Not Ranked     
Default Shamrock...

During me research for a builder, i was told by the man who owed Shamrock that he sold the whole factory + moulds to a company in the USA. He no longer builds in South Africa, Cobra's that is. he now builds a wicked three wheeler powered by a 1000cc Honda engine. Two wheels in front and one at the back. Two seater. Really something to see!
Old 09-15-2007, 04:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

these cobra companies go out of business so fast. someone said they were in tennessee but the web address keeps coming up a ministry-> lol saw their model at a local show and was just checking them out. another cobra company out of the buisness.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KCC 1991 - 302 Ford windsor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple panther View Post
does anyone know if their still in business or have a web address or a link.
I know this is late but are you still looking fot info on shamrock?

Udxcob
Old 04-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Latest info I have about Shamrock in Cape Town

27-21-551-5483
shamrock@intekom.co.za
Old 04-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile Shamrock

It's my understanding that the company in Chattanooga, Tn had four roller Shamrocks. Ron who lives in Killen, Alabama bought one and installed a 408 in it.
Ron knows more about the company than I do. What are you looking for? I can contact Ron it you want me to.

Dwight
Old 04-28-2008, 01:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BACKDRAFT
Send a message via AIM to SKINNEDR Send a message via Skype™ to SKINNEDR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawieerasmus View Post
During me research for a builder, i was told by the man who owed Shamrock that he sold the whole factory + moulds to a company in the USA. He no longer builds in South Africa, Cobra's that is. he now builds a wicked three wheeler powered by a 1000cc Honda engine. Two wheels in front and one at the back. Two seater. Really something to see!

Any pictures of the three wheeler?
Old 01-14-2010, 06:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
It's my understanding that the company in Chattanooga, Tn had four roller Shamrocks. Ron who lives in Killen, Alabama bought one and installed a 408 in it.
Ron knows more about the company than I do. What are you looking for? I can contact Ron it you want me to.

Dwight
FWIW, one of those remaining four is going together (?) at A2Z Performance here in Hixson, TN. The fellow assembling the car, Kelly Tate, has a fair amount of experience with this sort of thing having done several Factory Five Cobra's and a Superformance GT40 here in this area. This Shamrock Cobra however, is giving him fits. Three weeks in now, he's still hip-deep in the "What the #$&*! There's no way that will work! It'll have to be moved at least 3 inches just to clear the..." stage.

Were they all this bad?
Old 01-15-2010, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shamrock Auto Craft
Not Ranked     

Actually the only problem I had with mine was, the break calipers were in bad shape with rust and the headers I negotiated for in the deal kept cracking. Had to build new header for one side, was able to weld other side several times with good final results. Shamrock did replace the calipers before evidently going out of business. I finished my Cobra in 2007 and have not been able to get anyone from Shamrock to return my calls. I do have the name of one guy in Chattanooga TN who was one of the new owners after the sale out in South Africa.

Ron
Old 09-19-2023, 11:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi, I am the original designer and owner of Shamrock Cobra. I sold the company many years ago after making over 500 cars mostly for the local market. I licensed a company called Kit Car Centre in Johannesburg who wanted to build copies of my Shamrock Cobras, and the sold these under the name KCC Cobra. This eventually morphed into the Backdraft Cobra still being made today in Durban, South Africa. The new owners of Shamrock eventually closed after a partnership dispute, but I have decided to use the name for my latest more advanced Cobra (see my new website shamrockcobrasa.com).
Regards,
Les Hayden