23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2003, 08:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Anyone ever gone to Carlisle?

Just wondering if anyone has ever gone to the Carlisle Kit Car show. I believe it is usually in the spring. If so is it worth the trip? With all of the companies to choose from I think it could be beneficial to have them all in one spot, could save someone a lot of traveling. Do most of the major companies attend with a display? Any input appreciated.
Old 02-18-2003, 06:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     

If you are thinking about buying a Cobra, I strongly recommend you attend Carlisle if you can. Most manufacturers are there and there are a lot of parts suppliers as well. It is a HUGE show. You're almost certain to find what you are looking for there. I believe the show is May 16-18, or whatever that weekend is.

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 02-18-2003, 06:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous ERA owner on break
Not Ranked     

Attended several years whilst still living outside Philadelphia. Great show, just about every manufacturer shows up to display his wares. Not just the Cobra guys, but also many of the Super-7 types, Grand Sport makers, street rod dudes, some of the engine builders, etc. If you decide to go, try to attend the Friday and Saturday sessions, as it's usually a lot less crowded on Friday but not all of the manufacturers arrive until Saturday morning. The Kit Car show is normally held simultaneously with the foreign car parts flea market, so there is a lot of activity going on at the Fairgrounds during the weekend. Relatively easy to get to off the Turnpike; exit is well marked and there are signs pointing you in the proper direction. However, while Carlisle a very pretty town, it is fairly small with mainly two-lane streets, so the traffic becomes pretty bad during the weekends when the shows are going on. I'd recommend you take a jacket, a poncho and some mud boots; the weather in PA in May sometimes changes rather quickly and the fairground is a big grass lot. There are about four large buildings which generally house most of the cars but the rest of the booths are out in the meadow. I spent more than one weekend at Carlisle walking around in the rain. Still fun if you're prepared, and the information is priceless. Enjoy.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have been going to the show for the past 13 + years. Started going when I lived in Flemington N.J. Moved to Carlisle in 1996. and bought my Cobra in 1998. There are, as previously stated, many of the Cobra manufacturers and suppliers on site for the three day event(May16-18). You will also find several of the Club Cobra Members present from PA, NJ, NY, MD, DC and VA with their Cobras on display(10-15). All would be more than happy to talk about their rides. You will also find Cobras for sale by private owners. As Chopper pointed out Carlisle is small and does become conjested. Also there are limited accommodations in Carlisle. For more information search for Carlisle Productions on the internet.
I will be at the show weather permitting.

ERACER

Klayfish -
I be in Valley Forge also.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR SLC, Graziano 6-spd, LS3
Not Ranked     

When I was trying to decide which kit to get, I went to the Carlisle show. It was well worth the trip. I got to see and sit in cars from almost all the manufacturers that I was considering. Based on what I saw at the show, I was able to rule out a few, and I got a better idea of what I wanted.

Pete
Old 02-18-2003, 10:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Go to Carlisle.
See the actual products/cars/accessories.
Test fit yourself into said products/cars/accessories.
You will be glad you did.

When you come into Carlisle off the Tollroad, take the first major street (T-intersection across from a white house I think) right (about 1.5 miles from the tollway). It will bypass the downtown constriction and take you to a good parking lot (look for the artillery piece).
Old 02-18-2003, 04:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Cobra #273, 427 S/O, ERA GT-40 #2057, Excalibur Cobra.
Not Ranked     

ALYDAR - - -

CARLISLE IS A GREAT SHOW.

WE HAD ABOUT TWENTY MEMBERS OF THE "CAPITAL AREA COBRA CLUB" THERE LAST YEAR. WE'LL PROBABLY HAVE MORE THAN THAT THIS YEAR.

LOOK FOR OUR BIG TENT AND "CACC" BANNER. COME OVER & SOCIALIZE. WE HAVE JUST ABOUT EVERY TYPE OF COBRA EVER BUILT IN THE CLUB. A GREAT CHANCE TO SEE AND TRY ON DIFFERENT CARS.

Y'ALL HAVE A REALLY GREAT DAY,

BLACKJACK
Old 02-18-2003, 08:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you all for responding. I have B&B about 15 minutes down the road from me but would love to see the others. My wife has family in Altoona, PA so maybe I can arrange an early Summer vacation.