Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Man I am hating life right now. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/41114-man-i-am-hating-life-right-now.html)

ALLEN ENGLISH 05-01-2003 07:17 PM

Man I am hating life right now/Not any more.

All week I wanted the Kirkham shell on Ebay for my replica so bad. I lost by $100, now I want to sell my FFR so bad so that some day I may own one of the best replicas around . Man it sucks, to be a blue collar worker. I sure hope the person that got it wanted it as bad as I did, darn.:(

ERA 626 05-01-2003 07:42 PM

why dont you just buy one from Kirkham or ERA?:confused:

ALLEN ENGLISH 05-01-2003 07:55 PM

Because I first I need to sell what I have started and I took no short cuts either, If new what I would have invested in my non donor build , I would have bought a Kirkham, I guess live and learn. What is spent on my car now I could have had an ERA replica they are very nice , in fact I once looked into buying one back in the early 80's but had an un understanding wife , unlike the one I have now that understands that you only have one chance to live life and she say's go for it , I tried.

bmalone 05-01-2003 08:07 PM

Don't get discouraged, Mike. All things come to he who waits.

ALLEN ENGLISH 06-05-2003 05:13 AM

Aluminum body

Bill,

You were correct, and I now have a Aluminum body.:)

JWheaton 06-05-2003 08:59 AM

Esplian Lucy? :p

How did you get the arrumervroom body

ALLEN ENGLISH 06-05-2003 07:56 PM

Well Jwheaton, I guess I said the right thing at the right time and it turned out that the Kirkham's had another body on the way.
This car will be perfect for me when I'm done with it. Correct body with modern suspension and drivetrain. Just what I need, because this is my new daily driver.

Cars were made to be driven, you only live once and you might as well drive what you want !!!!:)

Jamo 06-05-2003 09:42 PM

There ya go--congrats!:3DSMILE:

bmalone 06-05-2003 09:47 PM

Congrats Allen. Enjoy it in good health.

ALLEN ENGLISH 06-06-2003 04:50 AM

Thanks guys, its sure to be a rush :D when it is done.

casaleenie 06-06-2003 04:56 AM

Allen,

Sounds like you're going to have one beautiful FFR when it's completed... Life if good.....

al

ALLEN ENGLISH 06-06-2003 05:11 AM

Thanks Casaleenie,

Let the Fun begin !

JWheaton 06-06-2003 12:19 PM

Sounds like Santa Kirkham visited early this year.

Have a great time completing a what will end up being a very unique car. :)

Jamie

Gatorac 06-06-2003 07:20 PM

I was just saying to myself how I would like to put a Kirkham body on my FFR..... Please keep us posted on the progress. It looks like it wold be a fun project. The FFR's design really seems to lend itself to this idea.

ALLEN ENGLISH 06-06-2003 07:26 PM

Sure, here is a link to my build . http://www.wwgarage.com/details.php?...d=53&car_id=47

RACERAL 06-06-2003 07:48 PM

Allen
you car is totally awesome

ALLEN ENGLISH 06-06-2003 07:59 PM

Thanks Al,

What a great name you have Al . Lets just say it's what turns my crank
:3DSMILE: .

GeorgiaSnake 06-07-2003 06:27 AM

Allen - great looking car and nice build site. Glad to see someone else painted at home - mine turned out better than expected.

Randy

casaleenie 06-07-2003 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ALLEN ENGLISH

Thanks Al,

What a great name you have Al . Lets just say it's what turns my crank
:3DSMILE: .

Starting to get a little uncomfortable with all this talk of "turning your crank";)

Al also

Jamo 06-07-2003 10:10 AM

Al and Al

You boys wanna get a room?:JEKYLHYDE