Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Where do you park your Cobra? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/41763-where-do-you-park-your-cobra.html)

Edley Rondinone 05-23-2003 03:43 PM

Where do you park your Cobra?

For those of us who take the Cobra "to the store for milk and/or beer", where do you park the Cobra? Do you park in the middle of the lot, with other cars within a couple of feet of your Cobra? Or do you do like I do, park against the far edge of the lot, thus increasing its' visibility? Do you take up more than one spot by parking "on the line?" I like to get a long look at the car as I walk up to it with my bottle of JD, eggs, bacon etc....

Rick Lyons 05-23-2003 05:29 PM

Anywhere

Anywhere there's an open spot.

petek 05-23-2003 06:14 PM

At work ... any open spot as long as I can see it from my office window.

Shopping ... at the end of a row of cars (i.e. last slot in the row).

Tinker51 05-23-2003 09:53 PM

Never next to a minivan or SUV or other such kid machines. The last thing I want is a child swinging the door wide open or having the door get away from a kid and smack my car. Other than that, just somewhere I can keep my eye on it.

snake oil 05-23-2003 10:34 PM

Where I can watch it:D

Ibr8k4vetts 05-23-2003 10:51 PM

Anywhere

walt347 05-24-2003 03:33 AM

Almost anywhere I can find an open spot.

Tinker51, fully agree with you. Never next to a minivan or a SUV but not only because of the kids. Adults somethings have a nasty behaviour too.

Walter

FST HSKR 05-24-2003 06:16 AM

End of the lot. Will take up to 2 to 3 parking stalls. Always have a lot of people drive past it, but never had anyone within 30 yards of parking next to it.

Jim

Steve R 05-24-2003 06:33 AM

Jim,
The multiple parking spot technique is an invitation to a spiteful vandal.
I've seen the results of this and It wasn't pretty.

I try to park close next to a grass island that ends up on the right side of the car. Odds are the passenger door of any potential car on the left will not be opened anyway..
Steven

casaleenie 05-24-2003 07:05 AM

Anywhere except next to a two-door car... The doors are larger on a two-door and need to be opened all the way to exit a car..
and never next to a Buick, for some reason they attract people who just had cataract (sp) surgery(the wrap around sun glasses are a dead giveaway.... and never next to a side discharge lawn mower... and never next to a bomb... yes, definitely not next to a bomb...
the handicap spot is good because it's a little larger than most.:3DSMILE: :D

Jamo 05-24-2003 07:58 AM

At work, in the covered parking I had built for my employees. My spot is nicely visable from my office.

Anywhere else...I'll admit to parking it away from other vehicles if at all possible.

Turk 05-24-2003 08:11 AM

I try to park away from anything that appear to have a small block.
The BB envy gives some of these have nots the excuse they are looking for to do some "unintentional?" damage they have been wanting to do.

I must admit, those small blocks are most dangerous when they are PARKED. Be careful out there.

TURK

walt347 05-24-2003 08:29 AM

Turk, no reason to be afraid of me (I am one of this nasty SB drivers who always look for trouble ....) because I am far away of you and your (I have to admit) outstanding FFR 4148.

Walter

:D :) :D :) :D :) :D

Bish Wheeler 05-24-2003 08:35 AM

I just park it as close to where I am going as possible. That way I don't have to walk so far. If it gets dinged, so be it, but I have found folks to be extra careful because it is "so cute". The clowns that take up two spots or three by parking sideways really need to get over themselves.

Bish

FST HSKR 05-24-2003 08:46 AM

Looks like I need to work on my parking etiquette. What is the longest time you have left your car in public parking?

Thanks,

Jim

Buzz 05-24-2003 08:56 AM

Never under a coconut tree or a tree full of ripe mangoes.

Bish Wheeler 05-24-2003 01:25 PM

FST HSKR,

Didn't mean to be rude, but it came out that way:o , I just get fried when I see someone doing that in a crowded parking area. It is usually a Porche or a tricked out Honda!! Sorry.

Bish

kountzecobra 05-24-2003 03:01 PM

I try to park mine on the sidewalk, as close to a fireplug as possible, also, a wheelchair ramp makes a nice parking spot too.

Mohuska 05-24-2003 10:17 PM

Parking

I have two orange cones with the word POLICE on each. Park in a spot with an open stall on each side and place one of the cones in each spot.

NO Problemo!!

FST HSKR 05-25-2003 08:45 AM

Bish,

Not a problem. Parking incorrectly in Nebraska no one cares, lose seven football games in one year and they want to kill you.:D

Thanks,

Jim