23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2003, 07:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Revolution registration list available online. See who is coming!!

Turk or Computerworks, I see we have a number of stickys already. Do you think we can stick this up there when one of them comes down?

The registration list for the 1st Annual Cobra Revolution, to be held in Valley Forge National Historic Park, Pa. on June 7th is now available online. You can check to see who is coming and if your registration has been received.

It can be found, along with the registration form for all those who wish to attend, at www.legendarycobra.com Follow the link to the Cobra Revolution.

Thanks and hope to see you there.

Steve Klayman

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve,
I hope we certainly see alot more people register and come! I know I can hardly wait the BIG event.
Bud
Old 05-06-2003, 04:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

TTT. So far, our list is about 35 people and growing....

Turk or Ron,
Is there any way we can stick this up top for a while?

Steve

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     

OK...OK....I just sent my check in to you Steve.

Roscoe
Old 05-22-2003, 03:29 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I know it will be a great time! I can't wait!
Old 05-29-2003, 06:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's still not too late to get a last minute registration in!! Come on out and join us.

So far, looks like we'll have about 30 Cobras, along with about 60-70 people. Even the long range weather forcast on the Weather Channel website is saying dry weather. Can it be???? No rain?!?!?

Steve

Old 06-01-2003, 02:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC/331/5 forward
Not Ranked     
Angry It better....

...damn well not rain. I think we've had our quota for a mighty long time coming; anybody mention the word drought this year and I'm gonna break into small pieces. Won't be hard either - all the rain has softened me up pretty good.

Man, it's been two weeks since I've driven the car...it just can't rain, PLEASE!!!
Old 06-01-2003, 03:15 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

If I go, it will be a last minute thing, as I have plenty to do on my plate for that day already...........Can i pay at the registration table that day??? No need to worry about feeding me.....Just keep me hydrated with water and I'll be just fine...............

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 06-01-2003, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #623 460/4x2
Not Ranked     

My timing is touch and go too...it would be great to be able to pay at the registration table. I too can "brown bag it" if it is OK with you guys runnin the show.

Dane
Old 06-01-2003, 04:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No, no, no....I don't want my Cobra friends "brown bagging" it. You guys eat with us. We're planning some good eats... Mmmmmm....burgers, dogs, chicken..... Personally, I have no problem whatsoever with registering at the registration table. You guys are MORE than welcome to. And Bill, don't say "hydrated with water", we've got enough water falling from the sky! My only concern is the Valley Forge Park authorities. They have warned me repeatedly about collecting money in the park. But no big deal, we can be quiet about it, or if we had to, go just outside the park to do the money exchange (they actually told me I could do that, just not collect money in the park, go figure). If at all possible, all I ask is that you send me an e-mail to let me know if you are coming. Like I said, I'm just trying to get some kind of vague car/people count so I can save enough parking spaces and get enough food. If you are coming, you are eating!!! I'm going to buy more food than people registered anyway, so that we have plenty for walk up registations. Bottom line...if you want to come, even at the very last second, please join us!! We'll take care of details later.

Keep your fingers crossed, and hope to see you there!!! Come hungry!! Hey Bill, if you come, is it too late to ask for a small sample of your hot chips??

Steve

p.s. Oh yeah, since the weather has been sh!tty for weeks, and rain is a possiblity, we will use www.legendarycobra.com as a board to post messages on the status of the event in case it does rain. If it rains Saturday, rain date is Sunday. If it rains all weekend, we will reschedule for later in the summer.

Last edited by klayfish; 06-01-2003 at 04:56 PM..
Old 06-01-2003, 05:42 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Hey Steve,

If I come, I was indeed going to bring some of the chips....I'm surprised living in PA, that you do not see them on the shelf of your local Price Chopper...They stand out like a sore thumb in between all of the other "nibbles with gibbles" product lines.......

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 06-01-2003, 08:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile Ah, c'mon!

Mr.M / BluRooster - you both need a half-day off. Come south for a coupla hours; good for anything that ails you.

You know you need to do this...after all, none of us is as pretty as we sound on this board, and tying a face to a name is a great way to compose your next post! RP

See you there.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Steve:

I have been vacillating on my decision to come to Valley Forge(from Carlisle) for the "Cobrs Revolution" unlike one of my ancestors who delivered a message to George Washington from the New York militia and spent the winter. The weather has always been a factor which is why I did not take my car to the Kit Car Show or the Ford Show in Carlisle last month. The other factor is a business engagment at 6 PM on Saturday (6/7) in Harrisburg . Which would mean I would need to depart fairly early if on saturday. The third factor is my annual visit to York during the Street Rod show to flex my "late model replica" muscle on Rt 30 during the Street Rod procession. I went to the Ford Show on Saturday only to find three Cobras a coupe and two roadsters - the roadsters were form New Hampshire and Virginia. Also displayed were a GT-40 MKI and a ford powered Sebring/Healy(The "Special Interest Cars" were relagated to a location on the back side of the big hill out with the newer trucks, Lincolns and compact Fords. So much for being "special") . I took my check with me in hopes that you would be in attendance. With your pay at registration I will try to be there early. I assume food is for lunch so I should no eat before I get there. I am looking forward to joining you and the other cobra enthusiasts.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Initial plans are to leave north Jersey with Bill K and Tom R. Drive down and hook up with Cranky around Martinsville. We plan on taking 202 to Flemington and pick up 12 to Frenchtown. Cross the Delaware at Frenchtown and work our way over to 113 which should take us to Valley Forge. Trying to stay off the large interstates and stick with the secondary roads....much more fun driving. We figure around 2 hours or so driving time. If anyone cares to join up along the way just let me know.

Roscoe
Old 06-02-2003, 08:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ed,
Glad you are planning on coming. You can do whatever is easier for you. You could probably still get the registration into me by mail before Saturday. Otherwise, I'll get it from you on Saturday.

I haven't gotten to any Carlisle event this year. Was in Disney World for the Kit show, and it rained all weekend for the Ford show.

The event "starts" at 11 am, but a number of us will be there early, so just show up whenever you are ready. Look forward to meeting you there.

Steve

Old 06-02-2003, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Lightbulb

Roscoe - could meet you in Flemtown, either at the 202 circle or the (preferred) Rt. 12 circle...what time? I live in Sergeantsville so this isn't any big deal.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Not sure on the time yet. We should be leaving here around 8am so maybe around 9 but I'll keep you posted. Pick a good place like a diner or something.

Roscoe
Old 06-02-2003, 10:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Time is no problem. After you come off the 202 circle (onto Rt 12), go around the Main St circle and head towards the Rt 12 / Rt. 523 circle - a distance of about 1/2 mile going west - there is a golf driving range on the left (south) side of 12. About the easiest place to pick you up; you can stop on the shoulder and I'll pop out to follow or you can buzz the lot at the driving range and we'll all go from there. I'll send you an email with a cell fone # as a just-in-case.