Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Another Street Race Death (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/42136-another-street-race-death.html)

CSX 4039 06-04-2003 07:12 PM

Another Street Race Death

With a twist!- read on....

http://news.lycos.com/news/story.asp...storyId=739650

southernfriedcj 06-04-2003 07:47 PM

The motorcyclist who hit and killed the guy was not ticketed or arrested?
There have been several street racing deaths in metro Atlanta this year. Darwin at work.

ToyCollector 06-04-2003 08:32 PM

Officer's testimony equals Woolsh!t in this example--that comment probably means I won't be in the jury pool. SFCJ, awefully active lately aren't we? :)

Turk 06-04-2003 09:31 PM

How come there is no talk about how difficult it will be to get motorcycle insurance because of incidents like this?

TURK

Excaliber 06-04-2003 10:02 PM

Good point Turk!

....maybe it wasn't a "real" motorcycle? :3DSMILE:

Ernie

BO DUTCH 06-04-2003 10:46 PM

Sounds like it could have been a police sanctioned event with a officer in attendance !! Well, maybe not !! He said he was not there ??

He didn't cover his A$$ very well !! Bad cop...... No donut !!

Dan Semko 06-05-2003 03:58 AM

Turk,
Since you own a Harley, could you set up an inspection program to make sure that motorcycles are fit for the road?
I'll be your treasurer!:D

CSX 4039 06-05-2003 07:16 AM

I think you all should quit your self righteous grand standing. We all make mistakes. Perhaps the cop didn't know that this was illegal, and wrong to lie about it. Perhaps the motorcyclist didn't know that going 150 mph was unsafe, especially when passing people standing in the middle of the road. Accidents do happen, you know, and this was just an accident. That's why they call them "accidents". Let any one of you who has not stood in the middle of the road and video'd a passing motorcycle going 150 mph be the one to cast the first stone. Cognito Ergo Zoom, and all that. :3DSMILE:

Mr.Fixit 06-05-2003 07:27 AM

"But a videotape showed McWilliams driving while John Reid Jr. was taping the race from the back seat of the officer's red Corvette convertible, police said."

I didn't know corvettes had a back seat.

Tongue Pirate 06-05-2003 09:03 AM

There are racing deaths on the news here in SoCal pretty often. You don't here anything about insurance companies dropping insurance on modified Honda cars!? It's is all too easy to put the tag on Cobra owners. It's really too bad. :(

ToyCollector 06-05-2003 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.Fixit

"I didn't know corvettes had a back seat.
The knucklehead was probably sitting on the trunk lid with his feet in the cockpit. Cop probably tolkd him it was OK ;)

Chaplin 06-05-2003 09:09 AM

"Mama always said, stupid is as stupid does." Forest Gump.

CowtownCobra 06-05-2003 09:15 AM

Yup,

Sometimes a little bit of chlorine gets tossed into the gene pool...

Jamo 06-05-2003 11:18 AM

Brett

Good one.;)

BamaBrett 06-05-2003 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.Fixit

"But a videotape showed McWilliams driving while John Reid Jr. was taping the race from the back seat of the officer's red Corvette convertible, police said."

I didn't know corvettes had a back seat.

They don't, Fixit. Another reason why you sometimes gotta take a news report with a grain of salt. I'd really like to see that videotape, though.

Y'all take it easy now, Brett

Russ Dickey 06-05-2003 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Brett J. Bolte

I think you all should quit your self righteous grand standing. We all make mistakes. Perhaps the cop didn't know that this was illegal, and wrong to lie about it. Perhaps the motorcyclist didn't know that going 150 mph was unsafe, especially when passing people standing in the middle of the road. Accidents do happen, you know, and this was just an accident. That's why they call them "accidents". Let any one of you who has not stood in the middle of the road and video'd a passing motorcycle going 150 mph be the one to cast the first stone. Cognito Ergo Zoom, and all that. :3DSMILE:
Bolte:
Your slam against my comments in a previous thread (that had nothing to do with standing in the middle of the street during a race) is duly noted.

However, it's too bad that your sack is so wrinkled that you've forgotten all the stupid things you did in your youth. I think it's a real shame that your CSX probably gets driven like a typical family sedan. What a waste.

Russ

CSX 4039 06-05-2003 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Russ Dickey

... it's too bad that your sack is so wrinkled...

Actually, my sack is usually only wrinkled in the wintertime, or while in a cold swimming pool. But, now that it is summertime in Texas, it is actually rather stretched out. But, thanks for caring, Mr. Dickey!;)

392cobra 06-05-2003 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Brett J. Bolte

Actually, my sack is usually only wrinkled in the wintertime, or while in a cold swimming pool. But, now that it is summertime in Texas, it is actually rather stretched out. But, thanks for caring, Mr. Dickey!;)
I know I am more comfortable in the summer,maybe this is why.

Good to know a fellow Texan is 'hanging' in there.%/

Street racing is stupid and criminal no matter what age you are.

Some acts of stupidity and crimes can cost you your life.

Who's fault is that ?

Dan Semko 06-05-2003 06:30 PM

You guys should apply for Gashole membership!
Hijacking a thread from accidents to wrinkled scrotums is an all time first!:D

kountzecobra 06-05-2003 07:02 PM

How 'bout them Spurs?:3DSMILE: