Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Urban Legend: Cobra in a barn! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/45333-urban-legend-cobra-barn.html)

ohekk 09-14-2003 09:04 PM

Urban Legend: Cobra in a barn!

I recently heard a tale of an original Cobra that had been stored in a barn for the last 30+ years.

Apparently the original owner drove it for a while, did a little racing then parked it.

He recently gave it to his son who is having it restored.

Since I've never seen a real Cobra, um...er...uh...I mean an original Cobra, I made the trip to check it out.

Lo and behold there it was... a white 427 Cobra in incredible condition.

Yes...I did take pictures!

It is NOT for sale!

and I can not disclose names or location.

Turk 09-14-2003 09:13 PM

I bet Ron can pin point which missing CSX car that is with the information you provided. -WHITE 427- .
I bet that is all he will need to figure out which car that may be. How many 427 cars are NOT accounted for?

TURK

Whip 09-14-2003 09:29 PM

I found a snake in a barn once too!!

Anyway, post some pics already, will ya??? Lets see'um!!

Bill E 09-14-2003 10:36 PM

There is a snake in a barn in Sacramento!

Aussie Mike 09-14-2003 11:16 PM

I found a snake in the rifle club's room at the range.

A 6' eastern brown snake had been living in the back of the sofa. It was very unhappy about being disturbed and chased us out of the club rooms. being in a small room with a big angry eastern brown is no fun at all. We always wondered why there were no rats or mice around.

Eastern brown snake

http://www.qmuseum.qld.gov.au/images/fauna/CEB004.jpg

Cheers

BMK 09-15-2003 12:08 AM

Hi Mike,

Gee, I thought you were going to tell the guys about the two 427 Shelby cars in the barn at the back of your place.

You know the two that the SACC are looking for. The cars that came out here in the 60's for the demonstration run. :3DSMILE:

Has anyone gone better on my offer of $50k

Then that guy at the shopping centre who's brother has an original Cobra %/

Now thats at least three un accounted for. :eek:

Cheers :3DSMILE:

Bernie **) they may go soon

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia.

Excaliber 09-15-2003 12:14 AM

I can't tell from the picture, are you sure that is a "real" snake?

Ernie

mrmustang 09-15-2003 05:24 AM

I know of a one owner 289 slabside sitting in an underground parking garage in Manhattan (within two blocks of times square no less).....11,000+/- original miles...It is also not for sale,........One day it might be mine.....................

Bill S.

Aussie Mike 09-15-2003 05:29 AM

Yep, Still got em both. One's being used as a planter box in my garden and the other has a load of bars welded to it and my daughter uses it as a play gym. It was a bugger getting the steel tube to weld to the aluminium body but I got it done. I just turned up the current on the old stick welder and layed into it.

Cheers

Tony Radford 09-15-2003 05:45 AM

Talk about the "Cobra in the barn" story. I was attending a car show recently when a guy swore to me that a friend of his son was GIVEN a 289 Cobra with the Weber set up as a trade for painting his station wagon. The story goes like this: A kid inherited the Cobra from his Grandfather. It was stored in a barn with a tarp covering it. It wouldn't run, so the kid focused on his station wagon, which was in need of paint. I guess the original Cobras were purchased mostly by farmers. Give me a break!

Whip 09-15-2003 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tony Radford

. I guess the original Cobras were purchased mostly by farmers. Give me a break!

Haaaa! Ain't that the truth!

PSB 09-15-2003 06:13 AM

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...0371ttiwwp.gif

aumoore 09-15-2003 06:13 AM

I hear that chicken farmers got a discount.:rolleyes:

computerworks 09-15-2003 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Turk

I bet Ron can pin point which missing CSX car that is with the information you provided. -WHITE 427- .
I bet that is all he will need to figure out which car that may be. How many 427 cars are NOT accounted for?

TURK

...maybe, with one more data point, we could zero-in! :cool:

Seriously, it's hard to tell exactly how many are unaccounted for, since the last printing of the Registry was 6 years ago.. a lot has been documented since then. Only Ned (the SAAC Registrar) would know the true, up-to-date count.

There are cars listed as described above... still with a second or third owner. Many have not seen light of day for decades.

ohekk...you have a chance to set a record...

..since the start of ClubCobra.... NO ONE has ever provided a picture or a serial number of a barn-find after claiming to have seen one... the MGA's and Austin Healey's don't count.

We'll allow this to count for the record if you provide photos, even though, technically it's only considered a "barn-find" if the owner doesn't know what he really has ( :p ), or so the legend goes.

:D

MAXVELO 09-15-2003 06:53 AM

PHOTOS OR GO HOME!!!!!!!!!

I AGREE WITH PSB!!!!!!

SHOW PHOTOS OR GO HOME!!!!!!! BY THE WAY, PAMELA ANDERSON AND CARMEN ELECTRA SLEPT WITH ME LAST NIGHT, SORRY I DONT HAVE ANY PICTURES! BUT REALLY, NO REALLY THEY DID I SWEAR! REALLY!%/ :rolleyes: %/ :eek:

rem 09-15-2003 07:35 AM

pamela and carmen were with me last night.....and i have photos, but i got to get them developed you know..*G*:3DSMILE:

PSB 09-15-2003 07:49 AM

UPDATE!

Here's a pic of the barn find Cobra!

http://www.ffrcobra.com/Johns/smlemoncobra.JPG

;) :3DSMILE:

MAXVELO 09-15-2003 07:54 AM

WOW THATS A RARE ONE!

CANT SAY IVE VER SEEN ANYTHING SO BUTT UGLY!THIS IS DEFINATELY A RARE FIND!

R U YELLA 09-15-2003 08:45 AM

Maybe if it had some Gums hang down the radiator opening that would make that found Cobra one sexy car!

Catch ya later
Ed

James Baldwin 09-15-2003 09:26 AM

Looks like a puffer fish on wheels