Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   You guys might like this link of a Cobra encounter (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/45812-you-guys-might-like-link-cobra-encounter.html)

Whip 09-29-2003 02:23 PM

You guys might like this link of a Cobra encounter

This came from F150online in the Lightning section...

http://www.f150online.com/forums/sho...hreadid=130320

aumoore 09-29-2003 02:51 PM

Whip
I saw this post and see that you are a card carring member for the bad a$$ Lightning club. I bet the cobra in question is a Hunter as this happened in Ocala, FL where Hunter is located.

B. SMITH 09-29-2003 03:38 PM

Abuse?????

WHO SAYS A GOOD "SPANKING" CAN'T SHOW US WHO THE REAL "BOSS DADDY" IS????????

NICE STORY,
B.SMITH

RallySnake 09-29-2003 05:17 PM

Whip,

Thanks for sharing. Great responses, too!

Paul

cobrakit66 09-29-2003 06:38 PM

you gotta love it.:D

Double Venom 09-29-2003 06:45 PM

I couldn't help myself :)

I posted and invited them to a Fling! Besides, the best truck I ever owned was a 150!

The worst....? Well if you ever want to know what I think of Dodge Ram 3500's just ask!
DV...this is going to be good!

Back in Black 09-29-2003 07:53 PM

DV, I was amazed to see

That the fling generated 100 grand for cistic fibrosis research or similar causes. I want to say "att-a-boy" and congratulate you for your hard work. Sorry I could not make it this year.. sure my lady and I missed out on a lot of fun. I actually had some bugs to work out in my car and it's in the tranny shop even as I post this, hopefully for the last time. Regardless of whether any of us can make it, we could send a small donation each year. Even a $10 money order from each member would help. Your activities also boosts the cobra itself.

As to the drag, OK, it was "potentially" dangerous (I have never laid that much rubber with my 514 snake and likely would not on the street, especially with my Strange Engineering 9 inch posi rear and my weight factor) but at least it ended safely and the story will become the stuff of legends at the F150 site, even if the competition was not much to write home about ;)

larryar 09-30-2003 04:26 AM

Hey Whip, thanks for posting that link! It was cool. I have a Lightning and it makes a great tow vehicle for the Cobra!
Larry:)

Lowell W 09-30-2003 04:54 AM

So, Ed... Does this mean DVSF 4 is ON?

Double Venom 09-30-2003 02:26 PM

I knew some body was going to ask that!
DV...June 25/27 if it is to be--decision will be made and announced in a few weeks.

rdorman 09-30-2003 02:29 PM

DV

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

Fred Douglass 09-30-2003 03:57 PM

Fun stuff!

Whip....I read your response on the other site---re engine choice?--Nahhhhh...go AT LEAST for a Ford Racing crater---there's acheapie that pumps out c. 435 hp and similar ft/lbs. You can handle that easily!:D

Yo! B-in-B, that was YOU fraggin' the guy in the 150? Attaboy! What was HE thinkin'? Any noise on the other fronts? Gimme an E! Gimme an M!:D

grumpy 09-30-2003 04:20 PM

Hunter, I doubt it!

aumoore,
I doubt if it was a Hunter, don't know of anyone whos has a 427 SO in one. Also gotta wonder about the lil Bimmer third member taking a 427SO FE and holding up since the guy don't mind whipping up anyway. The F 150 gets into the 12's so a SB was more'n likely the power. You know the ruse, ya its got all the bells and whistles to most folks that don't know. I do like the guy on the site calling it a AC COBRA, a very different response for the average rodder and enthusiast.
grumpy

wizard 09-30-2003 07:02 PM

Let's see. Truck is in Ocala FL. B&B is in WA Hmmmmmmmmmmm!!

Fred Douglass 09-30-2003 07:06 PM

Ooooppps. That'll teach me to speed-read.

Sorry B-in-B--I porked the pooch on misreading the posts. :LOL: Check in, nonetheless, eh?

PSB 09-30-2003 07:18 PM

Re: Hunter, I doubt it!

Quote:

Originally posted by grumpy

aumoore,
I doubt if it was a Hunter, don't know of anyone whos has a 427 SO in one. Also gotta wonder about the lil Bimmer third member taking a 427SO FE and holding up since the guy don't mind whipping up anyway. The F 150 gets into the 12's so a SB was more'n likely the power. You know the ruse, ya its got all the bells and whistles to most folks that don't know. I do like the guy on the site calling it a AC COBRA, a very different response for the average rodder and enthusiast.
grumpy

Grumpy - There is no "lil Bimmer third member" in a Hunter. I think your confusing Hunter with Backdraft. Hunter's have 'Vette suspension and third member. There are a least a couple of Hunter's with 460 strokers in them.

Pete

Back in Black 09-30-2003 07:51 PM

Fred 'ol bean....

Twas not I... nor did I die. I do not lie, nor do I eat green pie. All is quiet on the eastern front, but do I want my cobra BACK FROM THE SHOP IN TIME TO TAKE HONEY TO THE WASHINGTON STATE OKTOBERFEST???? yes :CRY:

It's a problem with the oil ring fitting on the clutch hydraulic slave cylinder (second time it's blown out, but we are adding a pedal travel stop and a new "hard" type slave this time, no o rings. Also my Richmond gear 6 speed was almost dry when it was checked at the shop. Apparently it has a slow leak so we are disassembling it and giving it the once over, and it's probably OK, just had some small leak in the case joint or the silicone plug. It's a "split case design" with silicone in the seam) hopefully it will back in action in time. Hope you are enjoying your snake as much as I am.. they are great cars, and unlike any other :MECOOL:

Fred Douglass 10-01-2003 07:07 AM

B-in-B

...whattup about the Strange (brand) rear-end on YaCah? I am attempting to pump about 500 ft/lbs out of a motor via a Tremec (that'll be okay) and a modified Jag rear -end. Several people said that the Jag center-section may get a bit "tired". Who-where-what is Strange? I have inquired of CWI, which is up your way.

Not to hijack a thread--but I sorta need some info, before I sew the Butler back up with the new engine! E-M, A? :D

Back in Black 10-01-2003 07:30 AM

Strange Engineering

Makes center sections in nodular iron and aluminum, and axle sets in 33 spline for standard/posi, and 35 spline for lockers. Supposedly the one I have is good for 1200 horsepower (33 spline pro-street axles in a epoxy painted standard Ford 9 inch housing, and a 3.00 posi aluminum center) So I think I am safe at this point. You can get "Strange stuff" at Jegs and Summit. CWI is a 90 minute drive south of me, but I have yet to drop by since I am super busy remodeling the house, restoring an antique 4 x 4, and trying to get my cobra back in "gear". Also trying to enjoy what's left of the beautiful indian summer here.. it's been in the 70's and 80's and clear lately :MECOOL:

Clois Harlan 10-01-2003 07:42 AM

Fred,

"....porked the pooch "

is nothing safe anymore?

:3DSMILE: