Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Respect, Respect, Respect!!! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/48363-respect-respect-respect.html)

Brent Mills 12-21-2003 05:23 PM

[b]Respect, Respect, Respect!!![/b]

We must respect each other around here, and many are simply sick of the bickering which seems to revolve around Shelby, is it real, is it a kit, and on and on and on…..Its BS. People should be able to ask legitimate questions around here without turning into a friggin circus.

What this is doing is taking new folks who have questions that need to be answered and alienating them, as the most sincere intentions some how turn in to a steaming pile of crap, and they are left wondering what they did wrong. STOP! THINK! Then post something that is useful to the group without pushing someone’s buttons.

RESPECT, RESPECT, RESPECT, RESPECT. Live it every day here, please. While there are some folks who probably don’t care for each other much, we are generally a tight nit group. I mean take the DVSF, or the huge gathering each year in Texas as examples…So many great folks, and we don’t need to be pissing in each others cheerios while on line. If you can’t find a way to communicate in a respectful manner, keep it to yourself.

Having said that, I know many of us are close enough that we can spar a bit in fun, but you must keep in mind that things are easily taken out of context when written, so be sure you have the relationship you think you do before making jabs at your buddies. Just common sense stuff that seems to elude us lately.

I hope you understand the concern here and do everything you can personally to make this place better every day. This is still the greatest group of people in the world, but we are a huge bunch now, and we need to be mindful of the things that have made this place a success and have won each of us so many friendships over the years.

Thanks for your attention to this, and take care.

mrmustang 12-21-2003 05:32 PM

Brent,

Your correct. However, you missed just one more important line:

"Respect is earned. To get respect, you must give it in return".

Have a happy and a healthy holiday season.

Sincerely,

Bill *********** & Family.

Woodz428 12-21-2003 06:03 PM

I agree Brent, good post. But ,I couldn't help wondering about those that like their Cheerios that way:D . I like mine out of the box...dry.

clayfoushee 12-21-2003 06:31 PM

Nice job Brent. I hope this doesn't turn into one like that "other" thread. I was a new guy just a month or so ago, and have posted a lot, because I was asking a lot of questions. But, I was hesitant at first because I noticed a lot of cracks like "OK Mr. 5 post-wonder......" not directed at me, but some other poor unfortunate.

The great usefulness of a forum like this, with so many knowledgeable sources, is only realized if people feel comfortable and confident enough to use it for advice, without fear of appearing dumb and being attacked. If it seems like a snakepit, no pun intended, they'll just avoid it.

misfit41 12-21-2003 06:41 PM

I agree Brent,,thanks for saying it,,
I respectfully dissagree with the" respect is earned comment"
you give respect,and you expect to be given the same in return,trouble with the earning thing is everyone is always waiting for the other guy ,, its the same old rule,,treat others as you would expect to be treated,,,Tim
I am a nice guy and i will kick any ones ass who says other wise,,hehehe,,seriously Brent,,nice job,point taken and appreciated

Roscoe 12-22-2003 01:05 PM

http://www.jlphoto.net/concert/brush/brush01.jpg

http://www.priveye.com/sounds/danger...no_respect.wav

REDSC400 12-22-2003 02:05 PM

Totally Agree...
Well Said...
Good Will to All, and that kind of stuff, like that.. there...

Suggestion...

Create a new Forum called ...

Mind Bile, Tripe, Reproduction, Original and Real Forum

From this day forward, whenever a thread gets posted that goes down that "Rat Hole", the moderators should move it to the "Mind Bile FORUM..."

Nuff Said...

Sizzler 12-22-2003 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by REDSC400

Suggestion...

Create a new Forum called ...

Mind Bile, Tripe, Reproduction, Original and Real Forum

From this day forward, whenever a thread gets posted that goes down that "Rat Hole", the moderators should move it to the "Mind Bile FORUM..."

Nuff Said...

It's called the Cobra Lounge, full of belly rubbing lizards (low you know).

Roscoe 12-22-2003 03:48 PM

Sizzler wrote: "It's called the Cobra Lounge, full of belly rubbing lizards (low you know)."

I certainly hope you were just kidding with that crack! Hey! We were talkin respect here and you go off and make stupid comments.

What up wit dat?

Roscoe

LURK 12-22-2003 03:51 PM

Yeah.. what Roscoe said. What a terrible thing to say about lizards :LOL:

-JT

southernfriedcj 12-22-2003 05:22 PM

Brent, Aretha couldn't have said it better herself!
Roscoe, where'd you get the picture of Turk?;)

meat 12-26-2003 08:08 AM

Sigh.

So...

I guess it wasn't me after all.

What a freakin' surprise.

Your pal,
Meat.

Thorin 12-26-2003 08:57 AM

Hey Meat!

Glad to see you post - had heard you were sick.

Hope all is well!

casaleenie 12-26-2003 02:12 PM

Meat,

Nope, it was you after all....:D No surprises.....

Your pal,
AL
;) :MECOOL:

Rebel1 12-29-2003 02:52 AM

Re: Respect, Respect, Respect!!! Again

Quote:

Originally posted by Brent Mills

We must respect each other around here, and many are simply sick of the bickering which seems to revolve around Shelby, is it real, is it a kit, and on and on and on…..Its BS. People should be able to ask legitimate questions around here without turning into a friggin circus.

What this is doing is taking new folks who have questions that need to be answered and alienating them, as the most sincere intentions some how turn in to a steaming pile of crap, and they are left wondering what they did wrong. STOP! THINK! Then post something that is useful to the group without pushing someone’s buttons.

RESPECT, RESPECT, RESPECT, RESPECT. Live it every day here, please. While there are some folks who probably don’t care for each other much, we are generally a tight nit group. I mean take the DVSF, or the huge gathering each year in Texas as examples…So many great folks, and we don’t need to be pissing in each others cheerios while on line. If you can’t find a way to communicate in a respectful manner, keep it to yourself.

Having said that, I know many of us are close enough that we can spar a bit in fun, but you must keep in mind that things are easily taken out of context when written, so be sure you have the relationship you think you do before making jabs at your buddies. Just common sense stuff that seems to elude us lately.

I hope you understand the concern here and do everything you can personally to make this place better every day. This is still the greatest group of people in the world, but we are a huge bunch now, and we need to be mindful of the things that have made this place a success and have won each of us so many friendships over the years.

Thanks for your attention to this, and take care.

ttt

Just read some threads and thought this was appropriate

Cheers

750hp 12-29-2003 03:50 AM

Meat, I hope you overcame whatever illness kept you away from the forums. I've been waiting with interest to see how your single donor concept pans out. Richard JBL helped out with the design, correct? All the best with it.

Craig

PS - Les, you realise that you can't give the Vics a hard time after reading Brent's initial post..... ;)

Rebel1 12-29-2003 05:12 AM

Oi Craig Mate :D

I dont give the Vics a hard time %/ I have nothing but the highest of respect for em. :LOL:

If ya look at my posts you will see all I make fun at is the place they live ..... ie Victoria and South Australia.

Now.... Who the hell, given a choice,would live in such places?.

After all...living there causes one to make suspect choices in life.

Look at their solution to keeping traffic moving smoothly in the city. ..ie. Any right hand turns made from a multilane road will be done so from the left lane. :confused:

Now, do you know why they made this suicidal law?...so the blu$$y trams can keep running on time!!!!

You know why these trams have to stay on time??. So they can get to the next stop in time to disgorge their kamikazi passengers into the path of the traffic in the right hand lanes which just avoided those idiot drivers trying to turn right from the left lanes.

And mate..it gets worse...I even know of some residents who make cold air intakes from plastic sewage pipe..and even some who install those LS1's into Cobra roadsters.%/ :JEKYLHYDE

Now..the people are very nice really...but I think it has some thing to do with the water down there. :CRY:

Gee...I feel a whole lot better now ;)

ToyCollector 12-29-2003 08:15 AM

Brent, a good post.

The fact that they now need to be published what seems like in monthly intervals is concerning however, and is a reflection of what has been going on. Good news though, is that Clay as a month or so recent newbie, already has 48 posts to his name as I write this, so all is not bad. I just want to see the underhanded hidden agenda crap stop.

Fred Douglass 12-29-2003 12:11 PM

Ay, Sizzler.........

....what the (procreative verb) is a "belly-rubbing lizard"..?**) :confused: :JEKYLHYDE :LOL:

Roscoe 12-29-2003 12:13 PM

Fred,

I think it's a reference to a lawyer.

Roscoe