Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Cobra Withdrawl syndrome (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/50167-cobra-withdrawl-syndrome.html)

snakeeyes 02-06-2004 08:54 AM

Bill, take comfort in the fact that we're in the midst of a buyer's market when it comes to Cobras. At least, until the next time you're trying to sell one.:3DSMILE:

I learned the fine art of ice racing on the frozen tundra of a Wisconsin middle-school parking lot. I was fifteen and I'd never grinned so hard in my life. It's all good fun until somebody takes out a light pole--sideways!:LOL:

rdorman 02-06-2004 08:59 AM

I no longer can imagine being without one. I have to go into the garage every once in a while just to get a 'fix'. If I can't drive it for a while I go out to the garage, fire it up, rev it up for a while and tell the wife it is not good for it to sit for a long time. When work was being done on the garage my car was at a neighbors for a week. I had to ask for visitation. An empty Cobra parking spot is a sad, sad thing indeed.
Rick

decooney 02-06-2004 10:52 AM

Hey Bill,
There is only one true cure in my book. :)

After I reluctantly parted with my first Cobra that I planned to keep, it was a very short amount of time before I was right back on the phone (while not working and out of contracts at the time) ordering the chassis and body for number two. Working on friends or customer's cars does not help as a remedy. There is only one cure.

For some, strangely enough these Cobras actually become part of who and what we are, and certainly contribute to my happiness on a regular basis. I've owned and built exactly 104 personal-use cars and motorcycles in my life so far, and nothing compares to the Cobra for me - not even close. Man, I want to build a GT40 so bad, but I just cant let go of the Cobra to do it.

I know what you are feeling. Fill that hole! Call Peter today and order yours to build and keep, and never look back. Good Luck.

mrmustang 02-06-2004 11:11 AM

Duane,

I was at Peters shop(he runs an A #1 shop in my book) yesterday picking up Bruce Lukes "new" car...Lots and lots of nice shiny toys to drool over...Have to hit the lottery to come up with the cash for one, cannot go high enough to even buy one of his rollers right now (if I could, a Kirkham would be on order, no offense to Peter and his crew).......Nope, pay the bills, sock a little extra off to the side for next months bills, then find a lesser priced car to at least tool around in.........There has to be another car out there for me....I know it in my heart.............

Bill S.

RallySnake 02-06-2004 11:15 AM

My condolences, Bill,

I'll bet your bank account is a lot happier now, though. We have finally had a couple of sunny days here in L.A. after last week's cold and rain, so I got to drive the Cobra to work today. Tonight's the First Friday Night Rally so I've got an extra sweatshirt and heavy jacket so my thin Kalifornicated blood doesn't freeze.

Wish me luck,
Paul