21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2004, 04:00 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Unhappy Cobra Withdrawl syndrome

I had my hands on two Cobras today.....My old FFR, and a beautiful ERA (no, I do not own it)......2124K was like an old friend as I fired her up for the last time and drove it out of the trailer this AM and parked it next to it's new playmate (a 1970 350/350 corvette convertible) at the new owners home...Kind of sad to see her go, as I spent less time behind the wheel of her than any other Cobra I've owned...........The second car was being picked up at ERA and delivered to my client (in a secret location somewhere here in the tri state area)...A bit on the dirty side from being stored in a DEA warehouse for roughly a year, this soon to be "summer driver" is painted a candy apple red with white stripes and a black interior. Crisp shifting toploader 4spd, 427 side oiler(I think, as I did not get a chance to pop open the hood), the sound in the crisp CT air was like music to my ears. Same goes for the quick trip from my trailer to the garage of it's proud new owner..........Sadly for me, I came home to an empty garage space, and an empty trailer........My heart is palpitating, my throat is dry, my hands are shaking...........I am truly in Cobra withdrawl right now......Have to find myself another one that I can afford to keep for at least the summer...........I had my rum and coke, feel a little more relaxed, but have yet to find a good deal on the web, perhaps some more rum will help with the search......

Sincerely,

Bill "Cobraless in NJ" S.

PS: Know of any really good deals, I'm open to suggestions...............
Old 02-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 302 done, CSX289 comp body, leaf spring chassis to original specs...
Not Ranked     

Bill,

Let me introduce myself, my name is John and I AM a Snakaholic.

What you describe and the physical symptoms you cite are classic signs of a man under the influence of 'The Snake' aka Snakaholism.

While this is described as a disease, there are no known cures. But unlike other fatal conditions, there is hope on the horizon.

The treatment is of the 12 step variety. The first step is critical, and really is the only step that must be commited to 100%. You must first admit that your life has become unmanagable with out 'The Snake'. Once that admission is made you have begun your recovery.

A person by themselves is no match for Snakahloism, but together we can over come. I am with you my brother. Remember we only have a daily reprieve in our addiction.

While today you are sans Cobra, keep the faith. Your days in the darkness are numbered and will soon end. With the help of your brothers and a faith in a higher power you will be healed. Don't turn your back on the solution.

Glorious things come to those with faith, you are no exception. If you want what we have and are willing to go any distance you will be rewarded. It may come quickly or it may come slowly but a CSX, real or replica, will come if you work the steps.

You are not alone, and it took courage to share your pain. I thank you brother Bill.

-Brother John
Old 02-05-2004, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

I share your pain too Bill. But for me, my Cobra is about 50% done. How do you think I feel when I see people out driving their Cobras and even seeing new SPF's on the showroom....and then coming home to a car with no front suspension and black primer? I get depressed thinking about it. I wanna drive my car.

I've even thought about setting the front end on jacks that will roll freely....putting the car in gear and pushing myself around just to satisfy the urge....hehehe
Old 02-05-2004, 04:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley- smallblock grenade w/ the pin pulled
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Well Bill if it's any consolation, I haven't been able to drive mine in such a long time I've resorted to watching video footage of it. You're not missing much with this weather being as nasty as it is. Just be sure to find one before that first sunny 60 deg. day hits!
Ed
Old 02-05-2004, 04:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     

Guys ~ glad to hear that I am not the only one with these symptons and as I am also having my nightly rum and diet-pepsi while I type this (only 1 well maybe 2 but its a big glass) I am trying to control my cobra withdrawal. Thank God it is 20 degrees outside and freezing rain. If it were not for the cold, I think I would really go nuts!!! I cannot imagine a summer without a cobra.

I really need to get off the fence and pull the trigger.......summer is just around the corner. Decisions, decisions

Brian
Old 02-05-2004, 05:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     

Bill,
I think I may have something for you. I'll have to check with one of my Cobra club members, but I recall him saying something about a friend wanting to sell his FFR, and it was cheap.

You know that you and the family are always welcome to come down to PA if you want and hang out with my family. You can't convince me to part with FFR2479K, but we can hang around it.

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 351 Windsor 405 HP
Not Ranked     

Hmmm? Mine will be for sale in about a year or so, so I can build another one. By then it should have all of the little bugs I'm sure will pop up, fixed and ready for the for sale sign. So far I'm having withdraw symptoms from not having anything to work on. But,maybe when I finally get to drive it I'll change my mind. Those
Daytona coupes are looking real good to me though Hmmmm.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bill - thanks again for the great delivery job. The reality of what's happened today is just starting to sink in...

Tonight all of my son's 13 year old friends came over for the first offical "light it up" moment.

I keep walking out to my garage and...just grin....

Enjoyment may be 9/10's anticipation, but that last 10% is oh so sweet....
Old 02-05-2004, 07:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

mrmustang,
Correct me if I am wrong but don't you buy and sell Cobras for a living (or at least a hobby)? I am sure you will find a car soon ready for your attention. Good Luck!
Old 02-06-2004, 03:36 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

HIQ,

For clarification, I buy them in the hopes I can do enough other business to keep them, but when money gets tight, the toys are the first thing to go, hence my up and down cycles, and my penchant for buying and selling them.

Bruce,

My pleasure, you have a really nice car on your hands, clean it up, go through the mechanicals real quick to make sure that everything is tightened down to specs, and take that baby out for a spin the next time the roads are dry...............One word of caution, a big block has lots of torque, and can get away from you quickly. Take your time and get the proper feel for the car. If you respect it, it will treat you well....If not, then you could end up a statistic....Especially with all of those crazy south jersey drivers on the road(oh the stories I can tell you about just being on the blackhorse pike yesterday)

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS

Last edited by mrmustang; 02-06-2004 at 03:58 AM..
Old 02-06-2004, 03:59 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

I had a strange dream last night:

I'm sitting in a room with a bunch of my friends, all have their cup of coffee in their hands, all have that somber look on their faces:

Bill: Hi, I'm Bill, and I'm a,a,a, a Cobraholic

Group: Hi Bill

Bill S.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

Bill,

Tiny Violins.

...boo hoo.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:50 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     
Talking

And this from the man with the last Contemporary 289FIA as yet still unfinished in his garage.....Right Johnny "Iwannahavemy289fiacobradonebythefirstwatkinsglent rackeventin2004" Mcmahon

Quote:
Originally posted by John McMahon

Bill,

Tiny Violins.

...boo hoo.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

Got that wrong Sir William "I think I can write like Hal Copple"....
(not likely!)

I am (was?):

Johnny " Iwannahavemy289fiacobradonebythefirstwatkinsglentr
ackeventin2002" Mcmahon

So is Life,

JM
Old 02-06-2004, 05:38 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     
Talking

John,

Thanks for that clarification

Bill S.

PS: You going to work this morning, if so, just leave the garage door unlocked....I'll take care of the Contemporary for you trust me
Old 02-06-2004, 06:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm actually telecommuting this rainy a.m.

Feel free to stop by...we could have tea.

Old 02-06-2004, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for "sharing," Bill.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Bill S:

Come to Wisconsin this weekend. We are having another ice racing event on Lake Neshonec in West Salem, Wisconsin. Forget your left foot, and throttle steer around the 1.5 mile course. We use heavy duty studs and it is like racing on gravel. Some of the guys in hi po Mustangs reach 130 mph on the back straight. While that may be fun, pitching the car side ways as you enter a turn is the most fun. I guarantee it will take your mind off the Cobra. I haven't looked at mine in two months since the season began.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

mr mustang,
Hope you did not take my comment as an insult as I did not mean it as one.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:49 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

HIQ,

No harm, no foul.

Cal Metal,

My freshman year of college in NH, I was taught the art of ice racing (I was driving a 77 2dr (400HO pontiac powered) Buick Regal at that time). Studded tires, and lots of throttle steering. it truly is an art form.....If I had the time, I would take you up on that offer.....Then again, my trip out to breakfast this morning brought back some of those same driving techniques, as the roads here were just one large sheet of ice...Only difference being, we have hills, and off camber turns here.........

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS