CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC, Southern Automotive 427W Stroker
Not Ranked     

www.piercemanifolds.com
Old 03-20-2004, 02:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

Since you are so close to them, I would contact Inglese Induction as they are in Wallingford, Conn. Just north of New Haven.

Here is their URL...

http://www.inglese.com/

They have a great article online all about Webers...

http://www.inglese.com/tech.htm

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker

Last edited by REDSC400; 03-20-2004 at 02:55 PM..
Old 03-20-2004, 03:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427SC Unique
Not Ranked     

I am running a set of Pierce Webers on my FE and I love them. Mike and Doug have been wonderful to work with and never act too busy to take my call.

You can see my set-up in my gallery.

Brent
Old 03-20-2004, 03:43 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

talk to mike pierce at "pierce manifolds", great people to do buisness with.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Pierce Manifolds....I dealt with Inglese back in the days when their service stunk so I haven't gotten over that and given them a chance to see if it has changed.

Matt
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 03-21-2004, 03:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Pierce. Do a search on CC re: Inglese if you decide to call them. Forum members have not, generally, been happy with the after sale service.
Old 03-21-2004, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

May be this does not belong here, but since it has to do with carbs, Does anyone know anything about Autolite in line 4 barrel racing carb and the cross boss ram manifold for the Boss 302. Are there any left out there and has anybody used them. Was this something ford tried to copy the Webber's? Did it work?

Thanks for the info.
Corky
Old 03-25-2004, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm picking my setup tommorrow from Inglese I hope I have good luck!
Old 03-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, BOSS 351C/Webers
Not Ranked     
Default Autolite Inlines

Corky -

I have never run an Autolite Inline myself, but, from what I have heard, they work well at idle and at full throttle. Great for drag-racing, terrible for street use. I've seen a few of them on swap-meet tables, but VERY few on a running car.

regards,
cobrajeff
Old 03-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

they pop up on ebay from time to time. then again what doesn't pop up on ebay?
Old 03-27-2004, 03:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1427
Not Ranked     

why not go EFI at the same time? http://www.verycoolparts.com/
Old 03-27-2004, 04:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Corky If you go the the Carlisle Ford meet I am sure that you will see a couple of them for sale. I have an article about them saying the same thing as far as drivablity of these carbs. It's been 30 years so maybe someone has worked out the problems with them. Try the Boss resistery for more help. Rick Lake
Old 03-27-2004, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Otto Bob have you looked at TWM setup? There throttle body's look like webers but, with the fuel injection, the car will run better everyday than any carb once it is set up. The kit is not cheap but I think it is worth the extra money. I am sure the late letters will start now. Carbs are original first, but webers came second. It was too bad that they didnot put larger Weber carbs on the FE motor. 48 mm is not larger enough for this motor. These carbs run out of flow around 6500 rpm. 58mm carbs go up to 8000 rpm. the 48 on your motor will work out nice. Bob I don't know the price on a set of webers, but you will need choke tubes,jets, venturis, air bleeds, to set these carbs up. With FI you only need a laptop for some systems depending on how complex it is. When all is said and done there maybe only a couple on hundred dollar different. Do more research. Good luck let us know what happens Rick Lake
Old 03-27-2004, 06:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

I don't know many people that are going to be running their motors up to 8000 all day...mine is setup to cruise and with the 37MM's it runs good...is very drivable in the city and can scream up to 6000 really quick.

You can get a set from Pierce for $3800..thats mounted on a manifold with linkage and fuel lines. If you read the posts here and follow the recommended setup from ENZO! and CALMETAL! and don't let anyone tell you otherwise you may spend another couple of hundred getting it just right.

Matt
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 03-27-2004, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427SC Unique
Not Ranked     

Webers are great for street use. They start great! They idle great!They cruise great! WOT is awesome! They get a bad rap just like the hydraulic throwout bearing. Set-up wrong and it is wrong. Set-up right and they are right.
Buying a used set at a swap meet, run 7 lbs of fuel pressure, too much overlap in the camshaft,loose linkage,poor ignition system, and an owner that has no knowledge of how to tune a Holley much less8 of them. And all of a sudden "Webers are a pain and hard to tune" Bull%#@

OK....... I 'm done

Brent

Last edited by BB427; 03-27-2004 at 12:58 PM..
Old 03-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Not to mention, wrong chokes, wrong jetting, bent shafts, old needle/seats, float calibration out of whack, etc.
Old 04-03-2004, 04:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Picked up my setup from inglese I had to supply intake from Holman Moody because of backlog on intakes , everything looks great Dan at total performance did a great job can't wait to fire it up about $4500.00 complete.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1670 Stroked Little Windsor - Runs OK.
Send a message via AIM to MidOHasp
Not Ranked     

Hey anyone been to Dynamic in Ross lately? They have a few small blocks on the showroom floor w/ the weber setup and I don't remember what the tags on them said. This thread is making me think they said "total performance" but I wasn't sure. I'm probably going to make the switch from the 4bbl to the webers after this season is over, but I'm probably going to end up being one of those guys that doesn't know how to tune them that well and b*tches later.

Of course, I guess the difference is that I'm very willing to learn.
Old 04-03-2004, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Corky,

I ran an Autolite Inline on a Boss 351 Cleveland Motor in a 1966 Mustang GT back in the early 80s. They came in 850 cfm and 1400 cfm. They basically were four 1 barrels in a line or a four barrel carbuetor. Used stock Ford parts, jets and gaskets. They worked real well and full throttle but driveablilty was not very good as they were developed for the Boss 302 transam series in the late 60s and early 70s but were quickly outlawed. Think the Chevy boys were affraid of them as they looked very mean!!!! I've seen them on e-bay and Hemmings Motor News. The Boss 302 intake was pretty trick but seveal Boss 429 ran dual side by side carbs. Bud Moore made some trick spacer plates to run the Boss 302 intake on a Boss 351..........

I actually thought about putting one a Cobra as I think I could make one run again..........