Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   GeorgiaSnake has a serious request....... (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/52497-georgiasnake-has-serious-request.html)

uncltodd 04-10-2004 11:55 AM

Randy, I still need a name and a mailing address. I have a check in front of me with an amount on it and a signature.

My College Girl goes into the Air Force in Jan. 2005, and my nephew is Special Forces somewhere in the Sandbox.

PM me, Brudda.

UT, brownwater Navy 1969-70

southernfriedcj 04-11-2004 11:13 AM

Great idea GS.
It may not be practical to send cars to Iraq/Afganistan, but how about car rags? The must be 100 different magazines for gearheads, a suscription drive might be a good idea.

Chuck Nickloy 04-11-2004 02:16 PM

Randy,

I'm the treasure for the Mid America Cobra Club. We are in Kansas City. We would be honored to be included in your efforts.

chuckn@big-w.com

RA 72-76

Chuck

GeorgiaSnake 04-15-2004 06:47 PM

Ok Texas here is the response I got from Katie. Looks like it's going to happen and I am nearly in tears. Thanks to this forum and the Big Hearted Texans we can show a young family that we care. I'll try and post the picture as soon as possible. Damn this is great.

Randy,

Sorry its taken so long to get back to you. I recently had a chance to read Kenny your email and I must say that he was thrilled to even think about taking a ride in a fast mustang......Also please pass along the information to whichever forum boards you like......Let us know when you wanna take him for a ride......we should be in texas by next weekend.....also I am sending you a pic of Kenny and I thats very recent.........He has glasses on so you can't see the damage done....

Katie Adams

David Kirkham 04-15-2004 07:00 PM

GS,

We just updated a car and sent it back to Houston. I am not sure if it has arrived yet or not, but I would be glad to call the customer. He is a really nice guy and I don't mind calling in a favor from him.

I am sorry I did not see this thread sooner.

As many of you know, my father retired from the Air Force. Served two tours in Vietnam...actually, Cambodia and Laos...but that is another story. I have a brother back in Bagdad right now as well.

Anyway, I grew up in the military, but never served, so the military has always been very close to my heart. The other day I saw a magazine (Vetrans of Foreign Wars???) please forgive me if that is wrong--but anyway, it had a picture of a young man with a HUGE smile on his face and two nurses laughing along side of him...he was covered in bandages, missing both legs and an arm...

I don't believe I will ever forget that picture. Makes paying your taxes a little easier.

Anyway, let me know if you would like me to call my customer. I am sure he would love to help out, he is a really nice man.

David:) :) :)

GeorgiaSnake 04-15-2004 07:00 PM

My photo shop skills are a bit weak and can't seem to get the picture resized to fit. Any of you computer experts that want to give it a try I can email the picture that Katie sent me.

Randy

David Kirkham 04-15-2004 07:02 PM

GS,

Send it over and I will have it resized in a giffy.

davidkirkham at comcast dot net

kountzecobra 04-15-2004 07:12 PM

All we need to know is when and where. I am always on "Go"!

mr0077 04-15-2004 07:17 PM

GS, thanks for doing this, we're looking forward to the honor of meeting and giving a ride to this young man.

David, ask your customer to join the houston cobra club at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Houstoncobraclub/
'cause I think we're all going to be standing in line to be the first to give Kenny a ride! Also, Katie can log onto the same club and contact us directly.
Thanks again!

GeorgiaSnake 04-15-2004 07:18 PM

I just sent Katie an email asking her how we can coordinate this event. I'm sure she will provide a phone number and I'll pass it on to you guys.

Kenny must not be up on Cobras - I think he is anticipating a ride in a Mustang Cobra :LOL: I explained the difference to Katie as 3500 pounds with 250 HP vs 2300 pounds with 500 hp - oh and no roof.

Randy

David Kirkham 04-15-2004 07:24 PM

Just send me a note as to when and where and I will make sure I pass it along.

GS,

Thanks for doing this for all of us.

ToyCollector 04-15-2004 07:32 PM

Randy, send me the pic and I would be happy to resize as well. It goes without saying between how you and I know each other that if these events spread to Atlanta I am in.

GeorgiaSnake 04-15-2004 08:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Many thanks to our friend David Kirkham - we now have a picture to post. I should let David do the honors but I'll do it and give him the kudos for making it small enough.

steve meltzer 04-16-2004 04:15 PM

Georgia Snake's Request...

Unfortunately, I don' t keep up with the Forum like I want to, but David Kirkham put me onto this thread. I should have KMP #174 in my garage this weekend, and have a long story to tell about that, so please read my post on Monday, about the car and the incredible job the Kirkham's did.

Meanwhile, it would be my pleasure to have this brave young man to be one of the first to ride in my Cobra (even I haven't driven it yet!). I live in Central Houston and doft my cap to those who keep us free. Let me know the particulars when the time comes, and I'd be grateful to oblige.

steve meltzer
USAF, Wurtsmith AFB, SAC
1978-80

GeorgiaSnake 04-19-2004 12:51 PM

Ok Houston I have phone numbers for Katie and Kenny. Rather than post them here I would rather give them to one of you guys for follow up coordination. Send me a pm or email and I'll send them. Put Kenny in the email subject or it may get caught by my spam blocker.

This event needs to be filmed and posted for all to see and enjoy. Or call the "Factor" and get some real PR for the cause. Remember Kenny is one of thousands and just the start

Thanks for your efforts.

Randy

bittentoo 04-20-2004 07:12 AM

Many thanks to Randy for getting this started and sending me the contact info. Spoke with Katie and Kenny last night, great couple! Found out that they hope to fly into Houston this Thursday (4-22) if the orders get cut, but will be here only a short time. Kenny is due in Waco in early May for rehab.

So that means that we need to act quickly. I'm thinking about this weekend, either Saturday or Sunday. The extended forcast for the area is calling for rain Friday evening and Saturday morning, then clearing out. Probably too early to tie a date down yet but something to consider.

Kenny's mother lives off of Memorial Dr. in Houston and has a daughter that lives in Pearland. We thought that it might be easier to meet in Pearland because of traffic congestion and better cruising opportunities.

So, we need cars! All that we can get! It's our turn to show our support to the troops:D

So fall in and sound off, who can make it!!!!!!!!

mr0077 04-20-2004 07:50 AM

Kelly, check in on Houston CC and let's get this thing going...I like your idea of meeting in Pearland. Please call me at 832/577-2271 on this and another matter.
Thanks,

steve meltzer 04-20-2004 10:01 AM

Kenny's Ride +

at the moment my car is not running secondary to a transmission problem, which I think is minor. However, I'm committed to stuff at home this weekend and won't be able to work on the car for several weeks. Please keep me posted so I can help out, but it will be June before I'm available, and hope the car, which isn't registered yet either, is ready to go.
steve

CobERA 04-20-2004 11:03 AM

I can't make it on Saturday, but Sunday should be OK. I don't know the Pearland area well, but there are a couple of folks from my office that live that way. I'll see if they can recommend a good meeting place.

JIM406 04-20-2004 08:16 PM

I have called the Pearland VFW and they have not called me back to say yes or no. I will find out. The VFW is @ 4202 W.Walnut St. Pearland, Texas 79581. I have never been there but I am told that they have a large paved lot. I will go to what ever spot that we decide on. I thought The VFW would be a fitting spot to meet Kenny. Check out Houston CC for more details.