Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   $12k Cobra for sale (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/53650-12k-cobra-sale.html)

jopper 05-11-2004 12:01 PM

$12k Cobra for sale

I found this today on Collectorcartrader.com

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonl...0/71318960.htm

rdorman 05-11-2004 12:12 PM

I remember that car. Must be a misprint.
Rick

MAXVELO 05-11-2004 12:16 PM

????????????

misprint!:mad:

rdorman 05-11-2004 12:18 PM

Yes, must be a misprint. Although I emailed them to confirm the price.

Rick

blykins 05-11-2004 12:38 PM

It's also on Ebaymotors too....

I'm sure it's built very nicely....but I wouldn't pay $12k for it myself....looks like a stinkin stretch limo.

Robert T. Faust 05-11-2004 01:08 PM

Ouch, that should make some people feel good!

blykins 05-11-2004 01:11 PM

Sorry....should not have said that....it's been a rough day....My apologies....

Bill V 05-11-2004 01:12 PM

No, that can't be right.

computerworks 05-11-2004 01:34 PM

The same ad (wording) was on the same site last week, with a different set of pictures. That ad has been pulled...as will this one when it is brought to their attention.

Double Venom 05-11-2004 03:05 PM

DV Jr. just called my attention to this, don't know how I missed it!

Well,
Blkykins, now tell us how you really feel! :) No problem dude, some people just do not like the extended 4 inches or the wider seating.

This IS the car that I built for Dick Ellis. I have to believe the price is a misprint. I did hear that it is on E-bay and the starting bid was 12K. Just talked to the Mrs., and she said if he only wants 12K for that puppy, it's her's!:)

DV... 12k ! Amazing, simply amazing, and this baby will really scoot too!

Double Venom 05-11-2004 03:17 PM

Curiousity got the best of me, went to e-bay and found the car. Bid is right at 32.6K, and reserve not met yet.

I can find nothing wrong with the gentlemens add. (You might think I paid him for some of the things he has said though! ;) )

Fella's if anyone has interest in this car, feel free to call me at 740-852-5280. I'll try and answer any questions you may have.

DV..NO I have never met this owner!
Oops, forgot to add the link! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...477071663&rd=1

dscott 05-11-2004 04:05 PM

WOW ! I didn't know I was selling stretch Limo's. That opens a whole new market for me. By the way, I am a great fan of the Shell Valley car that you are building blykins. Rich Anderson has done a great job upgrading the car and making it something to be proud of. I really try and keep off remarks to myself. Do you know there have been over 2600 of the stretch limo's sold by Classic Roadsters over the last 14 years. To each his own, but there are a lot of CR owners out there that may take offense to such remarks.
Don

Excaliber 05-11-2004 04:24 PM

I really wanted a "correct" replica this time around and thought the ERA would be the perfect choice.

While it is "correct" it sure as hell is NOT anywhere near as comfortable as a Classic Roadster.

By the way DV, Don, would it be OK if "dumped" the "correct" ERA seats and installed some C.R. seats? My back is killing me..... :D

,,,,and it sure is crowded in that cockpit. Those "correct" pedals leave no room to stretch out. :CRY:

blykins 05-11-2004 04:25 PM

I had a rough day at work...irritability and frustration was getting the best of me. I apologized for opening my mouth...I don't know what else you would like me to do.

However, I'm sure I'm not the first to make such remark. Just like I'm not the first to say that an FFR looks like it's been hit in the hindend.

Every replica has its drawbacks...you just have to deal with them. Mine? Mine has the steering column placed too high in the dash, the wheel offsets are a little off, and it has a solid axle.

Each one of us here could look at a replica and name the areas where it lacks. However I love my SV....I think the body shape looks very correct, and the points above can be taken care of.

I apologized for thinking out loud. But if you sold 2600 of them in the last 14 years, then you shouldn't take offense by my comment then.

casaleenie 05-11-2004 04:29 PM

The write up says it's black... Looks silver in the pics

dscott 05-11-2004 04:37 PM

blykins, I didn't take offense to the statement. I just purchased CR last July. I was a dealer for them for 14 years and I truly like the product. Remember the Remington commercial, I liked it so much I bought the company! Cr has had such a bad reputation over the years because of customers getting ripped off, having to wait years for backordered parts, the list goes on and on. The 1 thing that didn't change was the product. For awhile it was embarassing to say you owned a CR. I've tried to change that. And I know most people that owned one liked it. I have spent many hours and lots of money to bring the company back. I am trying to make many improvements for things outdated on the cars and I have many more to go. No offense taken, I got a good laugh about the limo. I too can get defensive when working so hard to change something after many years of bad press. My work week has been about 70 hours for the last 9 months. I sometimes understand PMS now.
Don

blykins 05-11-2004 04:43 PM

Alright.....can we shake and make up now? :)

dscott 05-11-2004 04:47 PM

I'm shakin right now! If your shakin too then all's right with the world.:D
Don

Excaliber 05-11-2004 05:08 PM

Well how much would C.R. seats for my ERA run? And, they will fit, won't they?

Robert T. Faust 05-11-2004 09:15 PM

Blykins,
No offense taken, besides, we are all car people here, this is like a family get together, we can say whatever we want, except taken trash about someone's momma! Oh, man, that would surely start it........God I love this site!
Bob