LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2007, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1981 Aurora slabside 302
Not Ranked     
Default Unique FIA in Mahwah N.J.

Hello all,
I just visited Cobra Country and noticed that Prestige BMW of Mahwah N.J. has a Unique FIA in Viking blue still for sale and was wondering if anyone local to that area has stopped in to look at this car or knows anything about it.Maybe Mr. Mustang could chime in since the car is on "home" terf.

Seems like they have been sitting on it awhile and the price is down to $37,999 OBO. As per the add they took this car in on a trade and I think they got educated on the market value of used Cobra replicas after the fact and hope that by now since it's been sitting that they just really want to unload it for a fair best offer.

I've pretty much finished up the restoration and upgrades to my Aurora Slabside and well...I'm thinking of letting it go for something like the Unique FIA. I haven't heard of too many problems with the Unique product and this car would fit the budget and has a lot of the features,color,wheels,engine etc.that I'd like in a mild Cobra so...again...if anyone knows anything about this car or any info in general pro or con about Unique before I contact the
dealer I like to here from you...before I put my poker face on.

Happy motoring and a safe season to all,
Thanks,
Dale
Old 06-09-2007, 08:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C 427 FE S.O. 484 cu in
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Dale,
Unique has a great product. If you have the chassis # and call Alan Weaver at Unique he can probably tell you the history of the car. He tries to keep track of all the cars they have made. They have been building Cobra replicas for 30 years and have it down to a science. Cars have a great body. Fit of the doors, trunk and hood are excellent. Car ride comfortable and is solid at speed with no rattles.
You won't be sorry if you buy that car. It is too bad I am not ready for a second car. A FIA Cobra would be great next to my 427 in the garage.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

Dale,

Bring your poker face but be aware that these guys probably do know what they have going in and the market they are dealing. They have had Cobras and GT40's in as trades before this one.

Additionally, the dealership itself is part a much larger organization that has the resources to wait for a price.

Looks like a nice car though.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1038--sold
Not Ranked     

Dale,
I have tried to contact them for quite some time, only got a generic response. If they do want to sell it they are not trying too hard. The price is fair for what I have seen on the west coast, but still a nice car. Bruce
Old 06-10-2007, 05:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

Why don't you call them (Mike)?

I bought my Mini Cooper there, did not get much of a price break, but their service dept is much better than the other MINI dealers in the area.

I beleive Bob Evans still has his Unique FIA for sale too. He is in Cedar City, UT...obviously not as convenient as Prestige.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1981 Aurora slabside 302
Not Ranked     

I shot them an email but their not in until until Monday and the chassis number is listed in the add so I'll call Unique,thanks for the idea Tony and maybe some of you are right, price seems to be inline with other Unique FIA cars for sale. I tried to do a deal with Coffee's in PA. once for an Aurora slabside before I purchased mine. Nice car but over priced clearly by some $15,000 and they wouldn't deal. Car still sits in their showroom some three years later...

Sounds like I going in with a big pair of two's in my hand .Can't hurt to give it a try I guess. Anyone looking for a nice slabside?

Dale