Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   What's on in Cal. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/79376-whats-cal.html)

BMK 06-01-2007 04:52 AM

What's on in Cal.

Hi all,

I have "posted' this question on the SOCAL site but....

%/

I'm in LA in late September 21 - 29th. Mainly in HB area.

Wondered if there are any events, meetings on.

Or if anyone has any ideas of car/auto businesses I should have a look through/tour.

Any ideas on how I can fill the week in would be good...:3DSMILE:

I've previously checked out Petersons.

Bernie

Ron61 06-01-2007 05:47 AM

:)

Bernie,

If you are interested in business propositions, I wold be happy to sell you Southern Calif. if you will promise to move it over and connect it to your coast line. :LOL:

Ron :JEKYLHYDE

BMK 06-01-2007 06:11 AM

Ron61

Ron,

Thanks mate I just changed the Thread to read auto/car businesses that I can look through/tour

Yes, makes sense now. No I did not want to buy a business...:3DSMILE:

:confused:

Ok Ron what's on in your State in late September. Any good events, cruisers, car shows...:confused:

I'm then heading over to the Run N Gun again. Will go down to Phoennix.Az. first to catch up with the gang there..**)

RedBarchetta 06-01-2007 07:15 AM

Bernie, you MUST do "Cars and Coffee" in Irvine on any Saturday morning. Exotics, GT40s, Cobras, and pretty much every muscle car and hot rod under the rising sun. People start showing up around 6-6:30am and the parking lot (several hundred cars) is full by about 7:30-8:00am. From HB it would be about a 45 minute drive.

Remind us when September rolls around (ie. your visit).

-Dean

BMK 06-01-2007 07:25 AM

RedBarchetta

Dean

Thanks I'll keep an eye on this Thread to see what ideas are placed here.

So will definately contact you all prior to September.

Is that Cars and Coffee south of HB in a shopping area. I recal going to a place called Crystal Cove or similiar...:confused:

Yes I'll try and make that event for sure..:3DSMILE:

Thanks

Bernie

Ron61 06-01-2007 07:26 AM

:)

Bernie,

The one that Red mentions and I think Sacramento has the big MOPAR show then but may be wrong. We used to have a big Fall Fever Car show up here but it was ruined by the local car club and has never really amounted to much since. If the MOPAR show is during that time, it is well worth going to as you will see really rare cars and lots of them. I have seen them come in from France even.

Ron :)

RedBarchetta 06-01-2007 07:38 AM

Bernie, the old Crystal Cove meet on Saturdays is now the Cars & Coffee...new location (more space) and more cars.

-Dean

RedBarchetta 06-01-2007 07:46 AM

Bernie, check this site.

http://www.socalcarculture.com/

Last Saturday of every month there is a HUGE meet at John Force's shop (about 2 miles from my home). This link will also give you a good look at what is happening pretty much every night of the week from city to city.

-Dean

BMK 06-01-2007 02:59 PM

RedBarchetta

Dean,

Thanks, yes I have been down to Crystal Cove shops a couple of times. Is was very good.

Could not get a coffee or breakfast due to the amount of people there..:LOL:.. there was a real mix of cars there. Even a rare ferrari was out in thecar park next to a black '32 Ford Hi - boy roadster.

Look forward to having a look in September it's on my must do list...%/

Will keep an eye out on site here.

The first beer or coffee is on me.

Thanks

BMK 06-01-2007 03:03 PM

Just a question,

"How receptive are the bigger Street Rod businesses to a visitor"....:confused:..I promise I will keep my hands in my pockets..:LOL:

scootter 06-01-2007 03:50 PM

You can also check out this web site. It has some of the local things going on in the different areas.
http://www.driveonline.com/
Scott

Sharroll Celby 06-01-2007 04:57 PM

Bernie: I can probably get you in for a look-see at Lynn Park's garage...lots of real Cobras, a '40 Willys with a Chrysler Hemi, and a front-engine rail dragster. About an hour north of HB.

Tongue Pirate 06-01-2007 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharroll Celby
Bernie: I can probably get you in for a look-see at Lynn Park's garage...lots of real Cobras, a '40 Willys with a Chrysler Hemi, and a front-engine rail dragster. About an hour north of HB.

& Don't forget the Saturday Morning run in La Canada. Lots of goods to see there.

Hey Bernie? Still on the bicycle? Bringing it? There's a good ride into Palos Verdes & up the switchbacks. Or Santa Monica Mountains Or Angeles Crest. Lots of good climbing around;)

WarrenG 06-01-2007 09:49 PM

Don't forget the NHRA museum at the LA County Fairgrounds in Pomona. It's at the intersection of McKinley and White Avenues. Take either the White Avenue or Fairplex offramp from the San Bernardino Freeway (I-10).

BMK 06-02-2007 05:17 AM

scootter

Thanks for the link. A bit on which is great.

Bernie

BMK 06-02-2007 05:20 AM

Sharroll Celby

That would be good. I was at the SAAC event in Fontana last year and missed the tour of the garage.

May even bring my wheel offsets and order a new set..:3DSMILE:

BMK 06-02-2007 05:29 AM

Tongue Pirate

Hyde,

Will not bring the bike. Even though its all up packed weight is only 13kgs with the clothing helmet etc. in the case..**).. it would be difficult to carry it down to Phoenniz Az. and then onto Texas etc.

Have often thought about heading over to Colorado to do the vintage train race - Iron Horse.

Riding about 400k per week - 250 mile. So still in weight loss mode..:eek:

This is strictly a car visit..:3DSMILE:

BMK 06-02-2007 05:35 AM

Red Barchetta

The link to the John Force cruise night looks a real must do.

BMK 06-03-2007 04:48 PM

In definately for the last week. Tickets confirmed. Staying in Huntington Beach near the pier.

Would be ideal do a coffee or beer at either Starbucks up the road at Main and Vine or at the Dukes.

Tongue Pirate 06-03-2007 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernie Knight
Tongue Pirate

Hyde,

Will not bring the bike. Even though its all up packed weight is only 13kgs with the clothing helmet etc. in the case..**).. it would be difficult to carry it down to Phoenniz Az. and then onto Texas etc.

Have often thought about heading over to Colorado to do the vintage train race - Iron Horse.

Riding about 400k per week - 250 mile. So still in weight loss mode..:eek:

This is strictly a car visit..:3DSMILE:

I hear ya! Sometimes it pays to travel light!