23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Smile Great time to be in the Kit Car hobbie..

I got my recent issue of Kit Car and I have to say that they have continuelly improved over the last few years. If this
issue didn't come closer to making all the readers happy nothing will. The variety of cars is fantastic with the Porsches and then on top of that the great article on Dean Hornbacher's Rat powered Cobra. (what the hey.. I'm biased). Then another real treat with Gary Cheney's GTM getting the Sony award. Last but certainly not least the outstanding article by one of our own Dean Lampe. It is an
outstanding article that really gives you a good idea to set up your cars suspension.
KUDOS ! to Brian Smith for a well written issue with lots of good info and how to's.
Another good thing about our group is the growth of big shows and cruises. It's amazing how fast time has gone by. It seems like yesterday I was at the first DVSF. Now we have the West Coast cobra Bash, the Reptile roundup,
the Kirkham Open house, and The new improved Run & Gun Nationals. Which by the way has now included a manufacturers row. There are vendors galore signed up for this year like RCR, Superformance, Backdraft and plenty others. So if you are looking for a new project or just want to get more info on one then this is the place. They are even allowing the manufacturers time on the track for potential customer demos.
All these choices and not to mention local stuff. It sure is a good time to be in this hobbie. I looking forward to attending many of these this year but next year I'm hoping to visit many more that is if fuel doesn't reach $6.00 a gallon.

Hersh
Old 05-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

I AGREE, hats off to Brian Smith. He's done a great job.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

Here here I agree 100% Hersh KitCar is a great mag,they also have a nice forum also at kitcarmag.com.Brian is a great guy ,and goes way beyond the call of duty at the events he covers...WB3
Old 05-30-2008, 06:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

The Manufactures Row has certainly exceeded our expectations. Here is a complete list of the manufacturers to date that will be displaying their products and creations"

B&B Manufacturing (Cobra and 34 Ford Replica)
Backdraft Racing (Cobra replica)
Shell Valley (Cobra, Cheetah, Daytona Coupe, Jaguar)
Dynatek-Fuel Injections systems
Dynamic Motorsports
Superformance (Cobra, GT 40, Daytona Coupe)
Roush Racing Performance Parts
RCR Racing (GT 40, LOLA)
Dennis Brunton (Brunton Stalker)
Mongoose Racing (GTP Corvette, 63 Grand Sport )
Fast Lane Classic Cars (High End Collectable Automobiles)
Dio Tipo (Bill Bonadio's Dio and 40 Ford P/U as seen on Pinks)
Chestnut Manufacturing (Corvette based Dragon, Cobra, Bucket T)
Mendeola Trans Axels-Mid-Engine Transmissions
DD Cobra-Cobras-Daytona Coupes ...Canada
Vintage Wheel
Track Lab-Mobile Dyno
Southern Automotive Classics-Cobras
Auffenberg Ford, St. Louis

Also, DON"T FORGET WE WILL HAVE A SWAP MEET DURING THE EVENT AS WELL. If you want a space to sell your wears they are very very cheap $25 for the whole event.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 05-30-2008, 09:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

I have had the opportunity to work with Brian and crew during Kit Car's Performance Day and various shows over the years. Brian has been great to work with and works very hard to cover our industry. The magazine of course sells advertising space but not his enthusiasm and drive to cover events/products in full detail. The whole crew is pretty easy to work with and I look forward to seeing them at the next event. Jeff C
Old 05-30-2008, 10:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Smile

Hey Cois,
That list is pretty big. Me thinks Carlisle wasn't that big. Having an event like this is for and about our hobby and industry is much better for the consumer rather than heaping us in with the import group at Carlisle. All
I know is that I have more fun at R&G than any other event because of the driving and friends I've made. Now with it becoming a must do event for manufacturers and other related vendors it will be fantastic. All these years there as been a need for this to happen and it has started with a BANG ! I got my space and entry in so if you can then do the same cause it will fill fast as it get closer to October 8th.

Jeff, you are right on. I remember when I wouldn't even look in the magazine and eventually cancelled it because it was the same ole format crap. I remember about four years ago when I picked up an issue at the grocery store. It looked different so I started reading it then bought it. Turned out I liked what I saw. There was this new whippersnaper Eric Giesert that was at the helm. He seemed to understand our Kit Car misnomer and saw many similarities between the street Rod group and us. I think he was able to meld many aspects of both so we all could look at each others hobby with respect. I liked that a lot so I re-subscribed. Eric seems to have passed this concept over to Brian as he continues with the winning ways. Both groups have great engineers that produce products that satisfy consumers for what they want. One more thing too Jeff, the slanted bias towards one manufacturer over another is gone. In the early days it was there IMHO. Maybe it was there because of the infancy of it. For what ever reason the basics of a good product and reputation has put many companies in a better light. We as consumers have benefitted because Kit Car has cared enough to grasp this change and go with it. I wish them continued success.

Hersh
Old 05-31-2008, 06:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Mmm just a pity the magazine is three months old when it gets across the pond...

Run N Gun looks like being a great event Clois. Will have to hang onto my wallet..

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026