17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-12-2009, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Neutral     
Default Club Cobra 50 State Tea Party Road Rally--Call for Volunteers!

Let's do a 50 State Road Rally!

We (Thomas and I) are upset with BOTH Republicans and Democrats over this spending spree. Even our own Senator Bennett (R-Utah) shamed Utah when he voted to kill Senator McCain's (R-AZ) amendment to strip some 9000 Bridges to Bondage out of the Omnipork spending bill last week. Complaining once didn't get their attention; so, we need to complain some more and more and more...this time LOUDER

We propose a 50 STATE CLUB COBRA ROAD RALLY. Our cars represent the true American Spirit. Only in America can a guy go and build his own car with his own blood, sweat, and tears and then drive his dream. Factory Five guys are the epitome of the "Can Do" spirit America was built on. I called Dave Smith yesterday and he is most enthusiastically on board. He wants 100 Factory Fives to show up at the capitol in Boston...maybe we'll even bring a little tea with us and leave it on the steps!

Please sign our Petition at

"One feather at a Time"

www.onefeatheratatime.com

Let's take those petitions and drop them at each state capitol--and finally all of them together in DC. It will be a great drive. Whoever wants to follow us in their car as we travel across the country can--for as long or as short as they want.

We need volunteers from each of the 50 states to help us:

Contact local radio and newspapers
Find hotels for the core group to stay in--hopefully at a reduced rate because we are helping them too.
Volunteers must be on Twitter and know how to text.

We need a logistics coordinator. They need to figure out the shortest route for us to drive and all the other stuff. We want to start this ASAP--within 30 days.

We have a particular problem with Hawaii and Alaska--but we can't leave them out. We are all in this together. Any ideas???

Finally, this is a not a Kirkham Motorsports event...this is an AMERICAN event! Kirkham Motorsports is only a sponsor.

Thanks!

David

Like Paul Revere
It's Time to Ride
"Fear is the thief of dreams."

Last edited by David Kirkham; 03-13-2009 at 07:37 PM..
Old 03-12-2009, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Neutral     

Congratulations, Kirkhams -- all best wishes for a great ride !
Old 03-12-2009, 06:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Come and join us!

David
Old 03-12-2009, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

This may help. A lot of the work organizing the actual rallies has been done, and if you visit here you can check for the rally in your area.
The more the merrier.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

We will be at Glen Beck's "We Surround Them" event today. We will have our cars at the Noah's in Salt Lake and also in Lindon.

David
Old 03-13-2009, 09:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC, 427 SO from the Fliptop
Not Ranked     

I have to be honest, I cant believe how busy I am trying to make up ground, reel in contracts, collect on outstanding invoices, complete proposals and I just have to stop.....Make the commitment that I just have to carve the time out to do this...It's that important.....

Thats' how I felt at the Tea Party. And thats why I'm making time today!

I'm not a radical .....and actually .....not so inclined..... to protest. But its time somebody stood up and called BS on both Republicans and Democrats, this isn't out ideology it about the very survival of this country.

The fact that Pellosi constantly oversteps her role in Government (remember the flight to the Middle East) and that Kennedy wont step aside even for health reasons having a seizure on inauguration day tells me that we the people have given too much power to our Career Politicians and its not about a "More perfect Union or" We the People" anymore.

Tax the S## out the people they take it. Its like killing a lobster boil the water slow and they be a sleep by the time they are cooked. Its time we wake up and realize that we are in the water and getting cooked.

I love my kids and That's why I work so damn hard to give them opportunities they might not have otherwise...I'm standing up here and will protest what is happening in our Country...anybody else with me? I'll volunteer to help organize ...what ever is required
Old 03-13-2009, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Waiting to Order a BDR, engine to be a SA C408. TKO to hook it up.
Not Ranked     

David ....... message box .....
Old 03-13-2009, 09:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug I View Post
David ....... message box .....
Fixed! (Deleted a few of them)

David

ps. it is probably easier to just email me at

kirkhammotorsports [at] gmail [dot] com
Old 03-13-2009, 10:30 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Wish I had some coverage in the front of my shop (I am sales, management, chief bottle washer at the moment) to join you for this new adventure. I can only offer my services should you be in and around the Pottstown area on the way from Harrisburg to perhaps Philadelphia. I have 10,000sq/ft under roof that I would gladly clear out for a safe place to park your caravan overnight...

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 03-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

David,

I thought it was spam when I got a request from someone pretending to be you asking me to join twitter last week. I guess it was a real request now.

Well if you park most of your caravan at Bill's shop, you can park your car in my garage.

I might be able to join you on your way to Harrisburg depending on when you are going. I don't know anything about contacting the media, hotels, etc. in Harrisburg.

It might be worthwhile to stop in Philadelphia as well as Harrisburg, since Philly is where the country started with the Declaration of Independence, etc. (and it is also much closer to my house than Harrisburg).
Old 03-13-2009, 06:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Wish I had some coverage in the front of my shop (I am sales, management, chief bottle washer at the moment) to join you for this new adventure. I can only offer my services should you be in and around the Pottstown area on the way from Harrisburg to perhaps Philadelphia. I have 10,000sq/ft under roof that I would gladly clear out for a safe place to park your caravan overnight...

Bill S.
Bill,

I appreciate the offer! We are trying to figure the routing out right now. We will certainly pass by if we are in the area.

David
Old 03-13-2009, 07:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Thanks Rick! I somehow knew you couldn't keep your fingers out of the pot.

David
Old 03-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2008 Shelby GT500
Not Ranked     

David,

I went to the http://www.onefeatheratatime.com/ web site and tried to sign the petition. When I submitted it, I got this statement: "A conformation email has been sent to the email address listed on the form. To complete this process you will be asked to click on the link in the email to verify your address." I tried this from 3 different computers using 3 different e-mail addresses and have yet to get the conformation e-mail to finish the process. Is there a problem?

Thanks for all that you are doing, FIA Mike
Old 03-13-2009, 10:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP532, KC427FE, TWM
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIA Mike View Post
David,

I went to the http://www.onefeatheratatime.com/ web site and tried to sign the petition. When I submitted it, I got this statement: "A conformation email has been sent to the email address listed on the form. To complete this process you will be asked to click on the link in the email to verify your address." I tried this from 3 different computers using 3 different e-mail addresses and have yet to get the conformation e-mail to finish the process. Is there a problem?

Thanks for all that you are doing, FIA Mike
HI Mike,

I looked at the logs. You're on AT&T?

They blocked our email server. Seems that they didn't like something on our server, I made a change and am trying to get AT&T to unblock the server.

in the mean time. Just drop me an email to admin (at) onefeatheratatime (dot) com and I'll flag you as having responded.

Sorry for the problem. We just got all this setup yesterday.

len
Old 03-13-2009, 10:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP532, KC427FE, TWM
Not Ranked     

David,

I'm guessing that many people can only do a short stretch, that'll work too?

Also are you interested in other cars? Other Hod Rod clubs?

Come on guys, I think this is worth doing. I drove down to the Glenn Beck gathering today also. THere we over 1000 here in SLC. People are really outraged over what's happening to our Country. If we don't support this, who will?

len
Old 03-13-2009, 10:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey David Kirkham, I am missing a date. I am planning to drive to all of the 48 states during the month of June. I'll be at the FFR Open House and the LCS. Can I help ? John
Old 03-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     
Default Count NH in!

Count the NH faction in on this ride. We had our monthly breakfast today and we all discussed the event. We are based out of Southern NH so we are close to the state capitol, Concord.

We often ride with the MA guys as well FFR, CCX, ERA, B&B, EM and SPF. We should be able to get a decent crowd to follow you up. 8-15-09 is our fourth annual cookout? Maybe we could target that date as we could get the Lotus and Vipers clubs involved.

NECC
Jeff Gagnon
Old 03-14-2009, 11:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Tea Parties, Then and Now

The Tea Parties are a mildly encouraging sign, but they are a long way from the original, which was illegal destruction of property and civil disobedience. These modern Tea Parties represent our modern attitudes. Participants are irritated and annoyed at the government, but they are not yet angry enough to put anything on the line. I am afraid that degree of independence, anger and righteousness are no longer a part of the American spirit.... These demonstrations are amusing, but they mean nothing. It will mean something when several hundred thousand people show up one morning to surround and shut down the Senate and House on the grounds that the current occupants have violated their pledge to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution.

If that day ever comes, I will be there.

Clay Ramsay
Charlottesville, VA..
Old 03-14-2009, 12:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 838
Not Ranked     

This is a good start. I am very unhappy with our governments wasteful spending. At least Indiana is running in the black for now.

I will join the ride in my home state of Indiana and possibly a surrounding state or two. Please let us known when the agenda and route our firming up.

If you need help with logistics in my area let me know.

John Grubbs
Old 03-14-2009, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Well if I get my Cobra back together (I hope to) before you roll through Ohio, I will ride with you.

I can see the Liberal News Media coverage right now. A mob of greedy rich men, riding in replica sports cars from the evel error of selfishness, are refusing to pay their fair share of taxes to support the needs of the poor in this country. They have been driving to the capitals of every state and litering the steps with tea bags, costing millions in clean up efforts, and filling our land fills needlessly. These selfish rich bastards are polluting the planet, wasting gasoline, and endangering the public with these relics from the 60s. There should be a law against these cars and everything they represent. Wait a minute since we the media single handedly elected the great one, there will be a law, soon.

Last edited by olddog; 03-14-2009 at 08:33 PM..