Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   What's the History for the Last Shelby American Cobra made? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/96996-whats-history-last-shelby-american-cobra-made.html)

erland 05-23-2010 07:23 AM

Trevor. I appreciate your questions. When I reached that speed I had the top off and the wind was pulling my head all over the place. It was probably one of the stupidest things I've ever done in my life, but I was young and decided I needed to try to max out the car. What really got me to stop was that I noticed the oil pressure gauge read zero. Slowing down was a trick too.

As for the buyer I sold to in NH, I can't remember. I've looked for the bill of sale but can't find it. If I ever do come across it I will let you know. I was storing the Cobra in a barn Hillsboro NH and I remember he lived south of there.

Erland

Sminor 05-23-2010 09:58 AM

Too cool.......................:3DSMILE:

Trevor Legate 05-23-2010 10:01 AM

Good to hear from you Erland. I guess a goodly number of folk here have done the 'young & foolish' thing at some point otherwise we wouldn't be haunting these webbysites, so no need to feel like an outcast! I did the 'max' investigation one night on a rally when my navigator suggested I keep pace with a car that had a good 50mph+ on my humble ride. Of course I obeyed and as the rev counter and speedo went around the dials for the second time, the crank naturally bust in two. Happy days....and I'm still here so it must have been safe ;-)

REAL 1 05-24-2010 08:09 PM

Question: If CSX 3360 was the last original Cobra made by SA what was the last Cobra sold from new at retail?. I thought the last Cobra to leave the dealers was in 1968.

Oh, and anyone still confused as to which Cobras are "REAL" or want to venture beyond their own "opinion" on the subject ... the subject is addressed in the most authoritative text on Cobras.... its called the SAAC Registry.

Just say'n.

Trevor Legate 05-25-2010 01:45 AM

Damn, I've slipped into a coma again

mrmustang 05-25-2010 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REAL 1 (Post 1053218)

Fixed it for you :LOL:

REAL 1 05-25-2010 07:28 PM

This thread topic was already discussed before ??? I didn't see it.

Yeah, I hate when that happens. :CRY:

HI Cobra 05-25-2010 09:34 PM

Sorry - I just had to bust out laughing after reading the last few posts - some
how I knew it was coming. Just glad I wasn't drinking anything at the time.

James Stern 05-26-2010 05:54 AM

I really hate it when I spit wine all over my computer:LOL:.

zimmy 05-26-2010 08:20 AM

I believe the last 427 Cobra is owned by a gentleman in CT and serviced by Cobra Automotive. It was in the shop with mine last July, or so they told me.

computerworks 05-26-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmy (Post 1053635)
I believe the last 427 Cobra is owned by a gentleman in CT and serviced by Cobra Automotive.

That may be the last 427S/C (by serial number)..which I know spends time at Cobra Automotive.

mrmustang 05-26-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by computerworks (Post 1053662)
That may be the last 427S/C (by serial number)..which I know spends time at Cobra Automotive.

More than it should, but that is more about the owner/driver than about Cobra Automotive ;)

Bill S.

RodKnock 05-26-2010 11:22 AM

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

mickmate 05-26-2010 11:58 AM

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/5...doodoll120.jpg

D-CEL 05-26-2010 12:06 PM

Plain and simple

1-3360 "real"

3360+

Replica, copy, kit, continuation

semantics, nothing more

Jason

REAL 1 05-30-2010 06:09 AM

D-Cel: Pick up a SAAC Registry. Actually those terms are all defined. You'll find opinions can vary from facts. ;). But of course the majority here don't like facts to get in the way of their opinions. :LOL:

Anyway, no one answered my question. When was the last 427 Sold from dealer lots, Which one was it??? ...or do you guys want to keep beating a dead horse???? You guys really gotta try and break that habit. LOL

computerworks 05-30-2010 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REAL 1 (Post 1054480)
D-Cel: Pick up a SAAC Registry. Actually those terms are all defined.

Yes, indeed.

The current edition of SAAC's World Registry of Cobras and GT40s indicates:

Quote:

"The CSX4000 cars are true replicas...Shelby chose the term "Component Cobra" to separate his cars from the rest (of the replicas)."
Quote:

"Shelby American press releases...were careful not to refer to the car as a "replica"... However, it is not an exact duplicate, it was actually a new model Cobra - improved, updated and, to be accurate, recreated."

computerworks 05-30-2010 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REAL 1 (Post 1054480)
Anyway, no one answered my question. When was the last 427 Sold from dealer lots, Which one was it???

A fast pass thru records shows CSX3331 was sold from the dealer on 1/19/69.

patrickt 05-30-2010 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by computerworks (Post 1054489)
Quote:

"The CSX4000 cars are true replicas...Shelby chose the term "Component Cobra" to separate his cars from the rest (of the replicas)."

Personally, I hate it when you get burned with your own citations.:p But it's nice to see that the debate has now moved on to "true replicas" versus "fake replicas."

Trevor Legate 05-30-2010 08:07 AM

I'll always defend my right to have an opinon....it might be a fake opinon, but at least it's mine.