Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bennett
Not Ranked     
Default Bennett Cobra Help

I am looking for owners and /or knowledge of Bennett Cobras. The Bennett I am referring to is Paul Bennett whose shop was located at 3385 Enterprise Street in Hayward California. The car in particular was the tubular space frame with the independent front/rear suspension with the rear set up for a 9” ford. When Paul closed down it was a mad dash to get all of my pieces, parts, etc. and needless to say I did not get everything because some it had not been fabricated yet. Paul had a lot of this stuff in his head and now that Paul has passed on I need to be able to see how some of the pieces were made/went together.

I had the car in storage for years and now am attempting to start back on it. I have quite a bit of the parts for the car but I do not have all of them. Of special interest would be the rear suspension since a lot of it is not off the shelf stuff.

I am looking for an owner that I could talk to on occasion, who would let me or would be willing to take a lot of pictures or video of their car, suspension and how it all went together, and possible take a measurement or two on occasion.

I am also on the lookout for a set of the modular wheel centers that Paul used on these cars. They were a 6 pin drive knock off. Rumor has it someone has some centers, patterns or knows which shop machined them.

Thanks so much for your time,
Old 08-16-2010, 08:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C, 427ci
Not Ranked     

Wow... good luck on this one. Sounds like Humpty D. fell big time and you needs to put together all the pieces! If you can get help... this forum is the place.
Mark

Last edited by mkassab; 08-18-2010 at 06:41 AM..
Old 08-16-2010, 09:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

There were significant photos of the IRS setup in the defunct "Cobras" & "Kit Car" Magazines. The photos were taken at car shows in and around the greater San Francisco Bay area before the closing of his shop. He was a pioneer with the 9" being used in an IRS configuration. Nicely done.

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way
Old 08-16-2010, 10:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

You have seen this? Maybe not same group?

www.hotrodbuilders.com/ProjectDetails.aspx?15

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net

Last edited by Blas; 08-16-2010 at 10:20 AM..
Old 08-16-2010, 10:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra-less
Not Ranked     

I have a lot of old issues of various mags. If you can come up with some specific issues I can look around. Good Luck.
Al
Old 08-17-2010, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bennett
Not Ranked     

Mark

I'm glad my humor did not go unnoticed. Thanks so much for the words of incouragement. We'll have to see where all this goes..

Rick & Al

I will do some research into "Cobras" & "Kit Car" Magazines and see what I come up with regarding certain issues. Thank you for the suggestions

Blas

Thanks for the try but unfortunately different group.