Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2001, 04:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default SDW & Cranky at Pocono with PDA

Went to the PDA open track at Pocono on Sat. what a miserable day.
Cloudy when we arrived and only got worse. Started raining at 10.00 am and only stopped when we left PA
Those who also had a miserable day,
Bill Silvershine
John McMahon
John Cronin
Roger Davis
To see photos of what we did most of the day which includes listening to John McMahon's very excellent impersonations of CS and other BS check out here
Cranky
Old 08-12-2001, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cranky and All,

You missed a great day at Pocono today (Sunday.) I was supposed to be there yesterday, but had to change plans a few weeks ago... boy am I glad!

Since this was the first time on the track I was running in the novice group, but we got around the track pretty good. I was driving my 2001 Mustang Cobra. There was a Z06, a few 911 Carerras, Supra, other late model Mustangs, and a few Bimmers in my run group. We got four runs in, and I put on over 120 miles on the track. By the end of the day I was turning 1:52 laps, which seemed to be as good as anyone in the group. I was maintaining a gap on the Z06, he would pull away down the back stretch but I seemed to do better than him on the infield.

All in all it was a really fun day. Lot's of nice cars, Panteras, Vipers, C5 and C4 Vettes, Porsches, and that 2/3 scale 962 (it was fast), an ERA GT40, but no Cobra's (other than my Mustang type.)

I met a guy form England driving a late model Mustang GT, prepped for the track. Back in 1992 he attended Nidel Mansil's (?) driving school at Brands Hatch in England. I learned a lot from him on the correct line.

Not much drama on the track, everyone stayed out of the wall.

Just washed the brake dust off the wheels and changed oil.

Good day.

Greg
Old 08-13-2001, 04:40 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Question

Anyone ever find out what happened to the twin turbo Porsche on Saturday???????????????

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 08-13-2001, 01:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Angry

Thanks Greg,
After reading your post I feel a whole lot better.
Cranky
Old 08-13-2001, 03:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Wink

Cranky,

I knew you would.

Greg