Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   All Racing Talk (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-racing-talk/)
-   -   Beaverun PA Open track/driving school (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-racing-talk/59810-beaverun-pa-open-track-driving-school.html)

klayfish 01-11-2005 04:11 AM

Dane,
I don't think the registrations are going to be out until next week. Go to www.apexperformancedriving.com or you can jump over to www.cobranet.com for more info on the event and other open track days. That's where Racer 99x, John McMahon and the rest of that gang hang out. Just be prepared. It's kinda dark, smoky and scary in there. :D

Steve

mrmustang 01-11-2005 04:41 AM

Steve,

Not to worry, Dane will fit right in :JEKYLHYDE

RACER X #99 01-21-2005 10:59 AM

Filling up fast

TTT see update on first post.

BlueRooster 01-21-2005 01:43 PM

OK I think I am going to rent a trailer for Beaver run. Or, does someone have space on their trailer??? If I rent one, should I get a full trailer? Or one that trailers the front wheels of the car and let the rear wheels freewheel? Would this be bad for the rearend, or tranny?

Dane

RACER X #99 01-22-2005 05:23 AM

Dane,
Rent a U-Haul full size trailer. Also rent from somebody who will guarantee the trailer will be there when you go to pic it up.
Some rental co's. will not rent you a trailer without you renting a truck.
Don't wait till the last minute.

casaleenie 01-22-2005 06:28 AM

Been checking out the BeaverRun thing and it looks very interesting. Definitely close enough to home.
Going to make the drive to check it out and see what's required and make a cheap date out of it with my wife... :D
Lets see if I can get the car to meet requirements for some instruction...

tommachine73 01-22-2005 12:05 PM

Dane,

Go to performance trailer in Flanders.Wayne will give you a good deal on renting a trailer.I had bad experiences with U Haul, such as the trailer being in poor shape no lights or brakes,and no trailer at the location even though I had reserved it with a credit card.When you are ready you can trailer up with us I live in Mendham.

Tom:D :D :D

BlueRooster 01-22-2005 12:59 PM

Sounds good Tom. I will do that. I would definitely like to caravan out there. When we get closer I will contact you.

Dane

mrmustang 01-22-2005 01:29 PM

Dane,

There are a bunch of us from northern, NJ who can caravan out together. I sent in my payment for both Beaver Run, and Watkins Glen, both with Apex. Not sure what others I may be able to do this year, we'll see as time goes by........

Bill S.

RACER X #99 01-22-2005 01:37 PM

Travel tip to Beaverun. Do not take I-80 across PA and then down to Beaverun, backroads are confusing and it is about 50 miles off of 80. Take I 78 to PA turnpike and the Beaver Falls exit drops you about 1 mile from hotels and 3 miles from track. We did the I-80 route last year, TFL.

RD

a427sc 01-24-2005 06:55 PM

Wadda ya mean No Diesel here!! Thats not what the sign 5 miles back over the mountain said.

McBlind

ERA649 01-28-2005 02:49 PM

Ok, I'm signed up for Beaver Run and Watkin Glen, but what about helmets. Are motorcycle helmets OK? What kind or type helmets do you guys use, open face, full face or what?

Do they rent helmets? My boys are going and they are to cheap to buy one.

Also where are you staying at Beaver Run?

Mike

mrmustang 01-28-2005 03:19 PM

Mike,

Say no to the motorcycle helmet and yes to a $249.95 SA2000 full face helmet. Anything less than what is correct and proper for a track outing is just that. How much is your head worth.

RACER X #99 01-28-2005 04:49 PM

Mike, When you say your boys are going, do you mean your kids? You will NOT be able to take your kids for a ride in your car on the track.
If you meant something else, nevermind.%/

casaleenie 01-28-2005 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mrmustang

Mike,
How much is your head worth.

As Jack Benny used to say.... I'm thinking, I'm thinking!!!!!

BlueRooster 01-28-2005 05:26 PM

My motorcycle helmet is full face, and was built to protect me at speed on a rice rocket. It is DOT and snell approved, I'm hoping it gonna be O.K.?

Dane

mrmustang 01-28-2005 05:29 PM

How old is it, and does it have a Snell rating on it (usually on the inside label)???? Full face is suggested, especially in an open cockpit automobile such as the Cobra.

As for kids coming along, if they are below 18 years old, have them stay at home...........

Bill S.

Quote:

Originally posted by BlueRooster

My motorcycle helmet is full face, and was built to protect me at speed on a rice rocket. It is DOT and snell approved, I'm hoping it gonna be O.K.?

Dane

ERA649 01-28-2005 05:34 PM

Cranky,

The boys are 23 years old. Old enough to drive, not old enough to pay their own way, so their still boys, men pay their own way.

One of the boys has a new motorcycle helmet and wanted to use it. It would seem to me that a motorcycle helmet would be as strong and give as much protection as any helmet.

Mike

RACER X #99 01-28-2005 05:41 PM

Some clubs will let you use a M rated helmet some require a SA rated helmet, better check with Bob Austin at Apex. The SA rated helmets are also fire rated which the M helmets are not.

mrmustang 01-28-2005 06:01 PM

The old rating was "M" for Motorcycle, however, the new ratings system is "M: for Snell 2000 without fire retardent material for a liner. SA2000 is with the fire retardent headliner material.........

Bill S.