Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 09-04-2010, 06:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Does AC give you the option of buying your kit in steps?

I was very curious of this,i know Shell Valley and Longstar Classics do,i was thinking about LSC because im 6'3 and i like the 94 inch wheelbase,but the Gel coat options of AC is very very hard to ignore,and Shell is attractive because you can build piece by piece if you need to.And does tall guys fit in a AC? And how do you rate their quality compared to the other 2 i named? I've been trying to get in touch with LSC for over a week email and phone still no go,their customer service seems very supsect to me and they are nearly ruled out,so give me your thoughts guys it would be very helpful thank you!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

T300zx.....welcome to CC..
you have asked about AC....do you mean A@C (Antique and Collectables) in N.Y.
they did sell their kits in stages years ago but i dont know if they still do...call them.
Lone Star is a longer car and may work for you if you are a tall person...
Shell Valley will sell you a car piece by piece if you want it that way and
for the taller person that needs more room ask if they will put the Cobra
body on the Daytona Coupe chassic for you...they have done that in the past.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Humm....interresting,so i will have a problem fitting in a A&C?
Old 09-06-2010, 06:49 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427S/C, 351W, T5
Not Ranked     

Give Joe T a call at A & C.
I want to remember Joe is at least 6-2 if not 6-3. He built a beautiful dark green cobra.
I am sure it also would depend if you are long in the legs or the torso.
Jim
Old 09-06-2010, 08:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNJSNAK View Post
Give Joe T a call at A & C.
I want to remember Joe is at least 6-2 if not 6-3. He built a beautiful dark green cobra.
I am sure it also would depend if you are long in the legs or the torso.
Jim
Thanks will do.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

you may not have a problem fitting in the A@C cars......if you could sit in one you would be able to see if you fit......ask them if there is one in your area that you can visit...
Old 09-06-2010, 12:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default where are you located

I have a A&C and live in Monmouth Beach, NJ...a buddy of mine who is 6'3 has on in Westchester, Pa
Old 09-06-2010, 12:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Crendon 427 S/C 428 FE+toploader
Not Ranked     

I'd suggest you need to sit in a few to see which fits you best, as it depends on not just your height, but how long your back is compared to the length of your legs, and also how low you sit in a particular car.

your physique (snake hips vs burgerman ) might also help dictate how easy it is to get behind the steering wheel! an inch or 2 here and there can make a big diference
Old 09-06-2010, 12:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter - 427
Not Ranked     
Default A & C Car

I did exactly what your talking about. I purchased mine over about a year. They will also send it to you in just about what ever stages you want them to. Sonny locked in a price for me for two years and I got it done a little early. Worked second job on weekends to get my toy, it's all mine. I'm 5'-10" and have about 3" behind the seat to comfortably reach the pedals, no problems for me at all.

Joey
Old 09-06-2010, 03:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics
Not Ranked     

If the owner (Brian) of Lonestar does not answer his phone directly, leave a message and he will call you back. I've never had it take longer than 1 hour in the few times I did not reach him on the 1st call. Even on weekends, holidays, and evenings during my build--- he was there to answer questions.

Emails take a while longer but he does answer them.

Very happy with the outstanding customer service that they provide. Check out the Lonestar forum for many, many more satisfied customers.

P.S. you'll easily fit in the Lonestar and you can build it in stages.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Maybe he is asking about AC out of ??? Gibralta? You know the new AC
Old 09-07-2010, 01:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by randlej View Post
If the owner (Brian) of Lonestar does not answer his phone directly, leave a message and he will call you back. I've never had it take longer than 1 hour in the few times I did not reach him on the 1st call. Even on weekends, holidays, and evenings during my build--- he was there to answer questions.

Emails take a while longer but he does answer them.

Very happy with the outstanding customer service that they provide. Check out the Lonestar forum for many, many more satisfied customers.

P.S. you'll easily fit in the Lonestar and you can build it in stages.
I really like the length of the car,but i have called them for over a week several times and left messages,but seems like their falling to 3rd and they would slip some more if Factory Five sold in steps,but i really do like their size,but A&C is in the lead with option of not having to paint,which really leaves plenty of pennies for a nice bigblock 460 stroker build aka 533.

Last edited by T300zx; 09-07-2010 at 01:32 AM..
Old 09-07-2010, 01:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
I have a A&C and live in Monmouth Beach, NJ...a buddy of mine who is 6'3 has on in Westchester, Pa
Im thinking if i could fit in a 97 Miata and drive it from California to Ohio and back comftably,it should be alright,if i could fit i would deffinetly rather have roadster that mirrors the original with the 90 inch wheelbase like the A&C and Shell Valley.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

It was good talking to you on Friday.

Let me know if you have any prospects for engine builders. I can provide a total package for you, engine, trans, bellhousing, etc, etc and can make you a better deal that way.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by blykins View Post
It was good talking to you on Friday.

Let me know if you have any prospects for engine builders. I can provide a total package for you, engine, trans, bellhousing, etc, etc and can make you a better deal that way.
It was very nice talking to you as well Brent,you are deffinetly gonna be my tranny guy,we will talk about engine builders,but i have a guy out of California where i'll be moving thats building me 460 stroked to a 533 built motor,390 cfm aluminum heads,10:1 compression run on 91 octane. The motor will make 680ish HP and 720 ish ft lbs of torque,and i get a free dyno for $8499 that is a unbeatable price,but i still will take a listen to your suggestion,but that will be a really really really tough act to follow.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CCX-3-3624, 351w, 5-speed
Not Ranked     

FWIW, I just purchased a used Contemporary that has the 90" wheelbase. I am 6' 5" and around 280 lbs....you could call me a big guy! Standing barefoot I am around 44" to my waist, so a little more leg than torso. The only mod I had to make was to remove the drivers seat and I fit in the car very comfortably! I am currently sitting on a foam pad to drive the car, but am in the process of building a custom seat out of a fiberglass comp seat. I will need to have a wedge of foam that starts small under my rear and gets thicker to support my thighs, but it will work perfect and be very comfortable for long drives. Removing the drivers seat drops you down and sets you back quite a bit....just something to keep in mind if you want to stay with a 90" wheelbase.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by T300zx View Post
It was very nice talking to you as well Brent,you are deffinetly gonna be my tranny guy,we will talk about engine builders,but i have a guy out of California where i'll be moving thats building me 460 stroked to a 533 built motor,390 cfm aluminum heads,10:1 compression run on 91 octane. The motor will make 680ish HP and 720 ish ft lbs of torque,and i get a free dyno for $8499 that is a unbeatable price,but i still will take a listen to your suggestion,but that will be a really really really tough act to follow.
I'll take a shot at it. Keep in mind my engines are ready to drop in and fire...it all depends on what all is included in the $8499. Let me know and we'll do an apples to apples comparison.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics, 351W
Not Ranked     
Default ??

T300zx,

The LS team was in San Antonio helping an LS427 customer this past Thurs & Friday but prior to that we were at the phones so I am unsure to what happened. I don't recall your a message. I was even taking calls on Labor Day because I know most customers are off work & in the garage with possible tech questions.

I appologize for the communication difficulties you have experienced. I would be more than happy to answer any of your questions regarding my products.
Toll-Free (877)572-2277 or 817-439-5721.

Sincerely,
Brian
LSC
Old 09-08-2010, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by T300zx View Post
I checked out that source and looked at the list of parts. What scares me is that no brand names were listed and there are many off-shore crankshaft/rod/piston/cam manufacturers right now (Hawk Racing, RPM, Pacific Pro, etc) and with this kind of pricing, I'm sure that's what they're using. The only brand name I saw was ARP and even it was spelled wrong. There was also not a mention of MSD/Mallory ignition products....I suppose I could assume he's using Procomp for ignition?

There were a lot of things missing for a turn-key setup: coil, plug wires, wires, pulleys, PCV valve, water neck, thermostat, air cleaner....basically all the things that add up when you're going for a turn-key.

I use quality parts in my builds...Scat, Callies, Probe, Wiseco, Comp Cams, ARP, MSD, Canton, Moroso, etc/etc.

You get what you pay for...
Old 09-08-2010, 08:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by blykins View Post
I checked out that source and looked at the list of parts. What scares me is that no brand names were listed and there are many off-shore crankshaft/rod/piston/cam manufacturers right now (Hawk Racing, RPM, Pacific Pro, etc) and with this kind of pricing, I'm sure that's what they're using. The only brand name I saw was ARP and even it was spelled wrong. There was also not a mention of MSD/Mallory ignition products....I suppose I could assume he's using Procomp for ignition?

There were a lot of things missing for a turn-key setup: coil, plug wires, wires, pulleys, PCV valve, water neck, thermostat, air cleaner....basically all the things that add up when you're going for a turn-key.

I use quality parts in my builds...Scat, Callies, Probe, Wiseco, Comp Cams, ARP, MSD, Canton, Moroso, etc/etc.

You get what you pay for...
I looked closer myself,i'll be giving you a call in the morning Brent,i deffinetly dont like the fact of not having P-51 heads.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: