Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2011, 08:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter - 427
Not Ranked     
Default Stripes

Painted some stripes this past weekend. This will be the look until the budget allows for a full paint job.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique and Collectible Autos 408w
Not Ranked     

Your cobra looks amazing! How about some details on what you used for the stripes. Is your cobra in gelcoat?
Old 03-20-2011, 06:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Strips

Looks great!
Jon
Old 03-20-2011, 12:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Strip work

Yes mine is the gel-coat. It was alot of prep work. I started with a good wash then layed out the stripes with tape. I sanded through the shine with 220 grit paper. Used a vinyl type tape from the auto paint shop, it does not tear from the sand paper, plus makes a very nice line. I then sanded with 400 grit for the final prep. Of coarse then clean again and then acetone for oil and grease. I like to use adhesive promoter, I don't think it can hurt. The pin strip was painted first, after drying I painted the grey.

This seams like a quick little paragraph but it was alot of work for two stripes.

I'm tickled with the results. Almost forgot I buffedand polished the gel coat. Most people think I painted the entire car. I used a good quality paint but no clear, just wanted the one step.

Thanks for the complements...
Attached Images

Last edited by jbcobra67; 03-20-2011 at 01:06 PM..
Old 03-20-2011, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: #6101 streetbeast Ingelese stack EFI 351w/t-5 9" 4link 3.55
Not Ranked     

Wow!! Nice job!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C Cobra, 521 CU BBF, Holley ProJection, T56 Magnum, 3.5:1 TruTrac 9-inch
Not Ranked     

looks good!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft
Not Ranked     

LOOKS GREAT!! I own a silver cobra and wanting to paint stripes on it. I want to know what color was used on the stripes , factory on the silver/gray base coat. I also need to know the specs on the stripes width and placement on the car. I am trying to make it as correct as i can. I hope you can direct me in the right area or web site. thanks for all your help. chris
Old 03-24-2011, 06:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I'm tickled with the results. Almost forgot I buffedand polished the gel coat.
Joey
What did you use to buff the Gel coat?

Looks great!

Ron
Old 03-25-2011, 10:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Stripes and Buff

I changed my stripes a little from the norm. I went with 1.40" width tape for the center instead of 1". On the trunk I started at the roll bar 9-1/2" wide and tapered to 8-1/2" at the end of the trunk, then to 8-1/4" at the bottom of the car. (The dimensions include the bright red stripe also.) on the hood I started at the dash 9-1/2" wide and tapered to 8" at the radiator opening, then just blended the taper to the bottom. I prefer a little wider stripe. The color is just a medium grey mettalic nothing special, I pointed to the one I liked.

The buffing was done with Meguiar's. Picked it up at autozone. The bottles explain which one to use. I didn't have any heavy oxidation or swirls or scratches, so I used the mirror glaze. Then waxed with the Meguiars wax. The buffer was a 10" terry pad with a slow speed. The waxed with a 10" orbital.

Thanks so much for the comments, It makes me proud of my car, I know it's not a Foose but I'm so happy with it.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: D&D Cobra,302 stock for now,IRS
Send a message via Yahoo to michel schryer
Not Ranked     

I almost went that way but I changed my mind. I've seen a similar paint scheme before but the red pin stripes were not exactly on the edge of the big ones but a little bit inside maybe 1/4 " and they were burgundy not as bright so it blend with the gray better. It's a nice combo you will like it,good luck !
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcobra67 View Post
Painted some stripes this past weekend. This will be the look until the budget allows for a full paint job.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It looks great. Can I ask what color you used? Also, can you tell me who made the roll bar? I'm liking that also. Thanks,