Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2015, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2920 w/ Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     

My KC 408 dynoed at 515 hp & 531 tq. Probably 400ish at the wheels. About right for me. I bought this car to scare the crap out of me. It does.

Last time I floored it (about 3 years ago), I ended up in the grass.

Having said that, I had just as much fun in my old 125 hp 1st gen Miata. Besides, I don’t think ET is directly proportional to satisfaction in the world of sports cars.
jbcobra67 likes this.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Survival Motorsports aluminum FE 482
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
My KC 408 dynoed at 515 hp & 531 tq. Probably 400ish at the wheels. About right for me. I bought this car to scare the crap out of me. It does.

Last time I floored it (about 3 years ago), I ended up in the grass.

Having said that, I had just as much fun in my old 125 hp 1st gen Miata. Besides, I don’t think ET is directly proportional to satisfaction in the world of sports cars.
Voyager, how did you get in the grass? What happened?
No matter how that happened I looked in your gallery and saw BFG Radial TA's.
That may have added to visit to the grass.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: acc
Not Ranked     
Default 408 w

Just came off the dyno, made new 1 7/8 headers for the car. Plus added and changed a few things. Made 615 rwhp!! oh yea daddy likes
Old 05-27-2015, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ender2664 View Post
I ran 12s in a 3500lbs z28 making 350hp. If u cannot break into 11s in a car under 2700lbs with 400hp, there is a problem with the car and/or driver.
What you have to remember is that a cobra is not exactly aero efficient so considering 11s is not really what they are designed for. They are designed to make you love them, to make you smile and give you a thrill every time you ride them, to scare the **** out of you when you don't treat them with care and to kill you if you abuse them.

Pretty much like a good woman.

If you want an under 11s get a drag car

To get the "right" power for you, look at your torque and hp and consider what will it accelerate like? Look at your gears and diff ratio and consider what top speed, how easy to spin the wheel.

To get a a car you will never let go of, get one or build one that means something to you and sod every one else's opinion, after all we all believe our cobra is the best one ever made.

Btw, mine is an ls6 468 bhp at flywheel, 441 lbs torque per ton.

Last edited by Jordansghost; 05-27-2015 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: Power added
Old 05-27-2015, 09:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, 363 cu.in. 613 HP
Not Ranked     
Default Drag times...

My Hurricane Motorsports first came with a 350 HP Ford 302 engine. It's my daily driver when the weather is good. The car weighs 2300 lbs with 1/2 tank of gas and me not in it. It was nice, but I wanted more power as I quickly became accustomed to it. I installed a Ford 347 with 480 crank HP, then added Fast EZ EFI, which I figured added another 20 HP. I do run mid 11's at the track all day long, with my best time at 11.3 at 121 mph with a short time of 1.55 with a T5 tranny. I run M/T 275-50/15 drag radials screwed to the wheels to prevent the wheels from spinning inside the tires and messing up the wheel balance(which happened). I've pulled the front wheels off the ground once(photo attached). It was totally unexpected, so my head flew back. Since then, I've been prepared in case it does it again! I've made 138 runs with the car and will be adding to that number this Friday night. 500 hp is OK on the street as a daily driver. That what this car is all about - raw, in your face, POWER.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Picture didn't work...try again...
Old 05-28-2015, 05:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KIRKHAM 427 S/C, SHELBY 427 ALUM. STROKER
Not Ranked     

Solid rear axle ?
Old 05-28-2015, 06:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ford 9" rear end, 3.89 gear, Moser axles, Eaton True Trak.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance#2352/Aluminum SO/490 c.i. 650 h.p. 605 tq.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by undy View Post
600 hp from a KC all aluminum 482' side-oiler and... a set of M/T drag radials to use every last tasty drop of it too!!
Me Too
Old 05-28-2015, 09:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Varmit

Nice looking car. What size tires do you run and what's your best time & MPH?
What's your redline rmp and what rpm do you launch at? My redline is around 6800 rpm and I launch at 3000 rpm. Launching any harder spins out. I usually run 11.5 - 11.7's(and an occasional screw up into the 12's). my best was 11.3. Do you use a GoPro on the car? Here's a snapshot to show what it looks like with my car. I wish I could send video - the start is unreal - watching the nose of a 392 Hemi car quickly disappear rearward out of frame. On close races the video is great to watch.