Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rcobrakit67
  • 1 Post By PNJSNAK
  • 1 Post By PNJSNAK

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2017, 10:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C (near future)-460
Not Ranked     
Default Body Alignment

Finally put body on chassis, now that's a good feeling! I'm figuring the positioning of the body based on tires. I have everything as square as you can get in a garage. I'm having an issue where the front left flare seems close to the front of the tire.

I still need to lift the front about 1" so that may help. The body is hitting the frame (trunk front right - against right rear up right which starts to go over the rear axle)....so I can't move the body forward anymore.

I have not had it professionally aligned yet. Have any of you have similar issues? Also trunk floor rest good across rear frame but it is above frame as you go towards axle.
Thx,
PJ
Old 09-23-2017, 03:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique and Collectible Autos 408w
Not Ranked     

I had similar issues with my body. You cant get it dementionaly perfect. Move the body around to look as centered in the wheel wells and make sure the tires dont rub. I played around with the height of the coilovers quite a bit. Richie
Speedwaypj likes this.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:38 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427S/C, 351W, T5
Not Ranked     

If needed you could sand off some of the body where it contacts the frame uprights
The interior tub might be off a bit from the body
Speedwaypj likes this.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C (near future)-460
Not Ranked     

thanks for the feed back....I figured there may be some adjustments needed..
PJ
Old 09-27-2017, 01:54 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427S/C, 351W, T5
Not Ranked     

PJ
The body does not rest on the frame over the axle area.
Again you might need to sane the body where the frame contacts it not allowing you to move it.
Once you get the body located on the frame with all the tires located as best you can and as even both sides front to back and you are happy with it.
You need to put in (4) dowels to use to realign the body after you take it off and want it back in the same place.
What I used was (4) of the large pop rivets, drill thru the interior floor into the frame and slide the pins in. then take them out and remove the body.
When you put it back align it with the (4) pop rivets.
Also, be sure you have put the insulation or body to frame material down before you align the body. It makes a difference.
This is the exciting time when you start putting holes in the body for side pipes, bumpers and roll bars. Oh Boy! Pucker time!!!!!
have fun
Jim
Speedwaypj likes this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: