Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 09-05-2018, 11:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default WTB:turkey pan

Looking for a turkey pan. Anyone have one available to sell? Send PM
Jon
Old 09-07-2018, 01:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft RT3
Not Ranked     

Turkey Pans by VMS
Old 09-07-2018, 08:45 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomdel View Post
Those look beautiful. I can tell you, from over decade of experience, that if I had to remove my Turkey Pan every time I did a float adjustment, a jet tweak, a gasket change, a power valve switch, a secondary idle screw adjustment, etc. it would be a HUGE PITA. Yes, most people can adjust the idle mixture screws and idle screw over on the throttle without having to pull the pan, but everything else requires it, unless you have the hand skills of a vascular surgeon. That's why I had Bob P. make me a custom "removable" Turkey Pan back in 2005. And most people don't realize that to remove the Turkey Pan you've got to completely remove the carburetor first. It's actually a pretty dumb setup, but it does work very nicely to keep the carburetor temps down and to stop percolation. Yes, it looks cool too.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Carburettor removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Those look beautiful. I can tell you, from over decade of experience, that if I had to remove my Turkey Pan every time I did a float adjustment, a jet tweak, a gasket change, a power valve switch, a secondary idle screw adjustment, etc. it would be a HUGE PITA. Yes, most people can adjust the idle mixture screws and idle screw over on the throttle without having to pull the pan, but everything else requires it, unless you have the hand skills of a vascular surgeon. That's why I had Bob P. make me a custom "removable" Turkey Pan back in 2005. And most people don't realize that to remove the Turkey Pan you've got to completely remove the carburetor first. It's actually a pretty dumb setup, but it does work very nicely to keep the carburetor temps down and to stop percolation. Yes, it looks cool too.
I have the two part VMS pan, but it's actually quicker (and easier with the carb on the bench) to remove the whole carb with the setup I've got: the vac line for the brakes and the pcv lines are straight to fittings on the manifold, the throttle linkage has spring loaded socket/ball fittings, pop them, the springs, the fuel lines, 4 mount nuts and off she comes...also have a huge stash of base gaskets...another handy item are knurled four corner idle mister screws that you can turn by hand from above, it's a bit of a challenge to track turns but they work nice.

Last edited by tortuga; 09-09-2018 at 07:31 AM..
Old 09-09-2018, 07:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Photo

linkage disconnect fitting
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2018, 09:38 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Nice. I don't believe I've ever seen that "quick-a-disconnect" before for the entire carburetor. Most guys, when they're spec'ing out their car, tend to look at a Turkey Pan and say "Oooh, that's kind of cool, I think I'll throw that in." Not realizing that the car runs differently depending on whether it's on or off. And if you don't have a removable TP, then you have to "guess and check" your settings, which is a ridiculous PITA. Bob's work of art is very straightforward and simple, you just unlatch the four Terry Body Springs, and then lift the upper half of the TP right over the carb. It's really no different than just removing the air cleaner assembly. I've had them safety wired for the last ten years or so, but it's really not necessary.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The thing that makes pulling the carb really easy is tha there are no auxiliary vac hoses attached; they stay with the manifold...
Old 09-09-2018, 11:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Nice. I don't believe I've ever seen that "quick-a-disconnect" before for the entire carburetor. Most guys, when they're spec'ing out their car, tend to look at a Turkey Pan and say "Oooh, that's kind of cool, I think I'll throw that in." Not realizing that the car runs differently depending on whether it's on or off. And if you don't have a removable TP, then you have to "guess and check" your settings, which is a ridiculous PITA. Bob's work of art is very straightforward and simple, you just unlatch the four Terry Body Springs, and then lift the upper half of the TP right over the carb. It's really no different than just removing the air cleaner assembly. I've had them safety wired for the last ten years or so, but it's really not necessary.

So undo the springs and it's off!?! It doesn't get much handier than that!
Old 11-19-2018, 04:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     

Still looking for a turkey pan....
Jon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: