Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mr bruce
  • 1 Post By mr bruce

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2020, 05:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique & Collectible Autos, Inc.
Not Ranked     
Default Hard top or convertible info.

Does Anyone have any experience with the A&C factory Convertible top and side curtains? Also has anyone installed a hard top, preferably the short stubby (rear bubble window) type. Not the lemans type that goes down the trunk. Thanks
Old 02-19-2020, 05:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I got the short DragonSnake style hardtops, but they won't fit over a tall rollbar, and will need custom fitting to an A&C, they were made to fit on original 289 cars
Old 02-20-2020, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bruce View Post
I got the short DragonSnake style hardtops, but they won't fit over a tall rollbar, and will need custom fitting to an A&C, they were made to fit on original 289 cars
Sorry to hijack this thread but ...

Mr Bruce, I have one of your Lemans tops, in raw form, not trimmed out yet. Looking to fit it to my Hurricane 427 cobra soon. I dont have any hardware and looking for suggestions on how to latch it to the windshield, make hinge for the rear hatch etc. Any help would be appreciated.

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!

Last edited by bwcobra15; 02-20-2020 at 06:59 AM..
Old 02-20-2020, 07:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

make some T-bolts to fit into the groove in the top of the windshield, drill thu the groove in the top, bolt it down, as for the hatch, you're on your own, you got to make hinges or find small car sissors style hinges for the hatch. I always recomend the original style LeMans top, and splitting the trunk lid like the original cars had, So far I have molds for the split trunk lid for ERA, F5 427 cars, and F5 289 FIA cars, nothing for the Hurricanes, I would need the car here to fit the top, split the trunk lid and make the molds. send me your E-mail and I can send you some pictures of some prototype hinges that might work out for you, thanks, b
bwcobra15 likes this.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I also have a LeMans touring top , it has an insert that eliminates the hatch, makes the trunk opening possible, but will need some glass work to fit to you top/car, way easier than messing with the hatch, and still retains the side profile of the LeMans style, thanks, b I'll send pictures along with the hinge pictures
bwcobra15 likes this.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Where can I get some information or pictures on the dragon snake hard top? Also pricing information and some dimensions so I can see if my rollbar will fit.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

rolbar comes up in the rear window , unless you cut it down, 3rd leg of rollbar hits the top where it contacts the rear deck, It can be made to fit , but it is not a 1 day project. send your e-mail for pictures, unless some one here can post them, thanks, b
Old 02-20-2020, 04:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ct_cobra@comcast.net thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: