Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CoyoteCobra

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2021, 06:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C, 2nd gen 5.0 Coyote, XAct Cromo light flywheel, TR3650, 3.25:1 LSD
Not Ranked     
Default Spring rates and coilovers

I'm curious if anyone swapped their rear coil overs on their A&C and if so what combination did you go with for springs and shocks?

My kit came with Viking coil overs on the front and I really like them. They're fully adjustable for comp/rebound and preload. They actually ride really nice and the handling is like a gokart. It is the rear coilover that the kit came with that I am not happy with- the spring rate is absurdly high and I've no adjustability in the shock. I think a softer spring and adjustability would help the car ride and handle better.

I've heard of a lot of people running QA1 on different builds but I'm not sure what spring rates were used.
Old 05-15-2021, 09:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You can get Viking for the rear also. What rate are you running now? Most run 400-500 in front and 200-250 in rear. Measure your shock length at road height. Take one off and get the compressed and extended length. I like road height around 1" above mid travel of shock to prevent bottoming out. Get the right spring length for the shock also.

Last edited by jknich; 05-15-2021 at 09:57 AM..
Old 06-07-2021, 05:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C, 2nd gen 5.0 Coyote, XAct Cromo light flywheel, TR3650, 3.25:1 LSD
Not Ranked     

I'm not sure what the rates are now- they're whatever the kit came with. I will have to call A&C again to see if they can tell me.

Good advice on the shocks. If I can match some kings to the rear I will check that out. I think my current shocks have more than enough travel than I need as the rear will drop enough to cause a bind in my driveshaft before they stop. I had to add some limiting straps to keep this from happening.
jknich likes this.
Old 06-07-2021, 11:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

QA1 and Viking share similar design origins.

I have a BBF engine with dual adjustable QA1's:
Front (A Arm) - QA1 Proma Star DD404 (2x) /Springs = 350 lbs. (2x)
Rear (Jag IRS) - QA1 Proma Star DD403 (4x) / Springs = 300 lbs. (4x)

At the same time, installed new Howe Racing Ent. ball joints.

Tracks the road solid like it's on rails now.
Old 06-07-2021, 05:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default springs

I ran 400’s up front and 180’s in the rear...bb motor, made a big difference in the ride.
Jon
Old 06-12-2021, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Salt and Unique. Unique - I don't have a jaq IRS so my rates are probably going to be much softer. I think a 460 is a bit over 200lbs more than a Coyote so I can probably run some really soft springs. I think I will try the 180s and see if that helps.

Salt - did you run QA1 on your A&C?
Old 06-12-2021, 12:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     

QA1’s on all 4 corners and NO Panard Bar… it caused to much bind! As a test with the panard bar on I measured how much the car would come down with a buddy sitting in the trunk and repeated it with the shocks and springs disconnect…. 1/4” difference. Reattached the shocks/springs and removed the pan hard bar and the car dropped 2” more.The Rear wasn’t moving with it. Made a big difference in the ride!
Jon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: