Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-18-2007, 06:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C , 466 Ford, 5speed Tremec
Not Ranked     
Talking 3 laps on Watkins Glen raceway

Hi guys,
Yesterday I took three laps on the Watkins Glen track behind the pace car. It was with a bunch of other folks in every thing from 4x4 pickups to minivans, but it was still cool. unitll somtime in October you can pay $25 to run three paced laps on the track. I was in the back of the pack so I was able to play a little and open it up, I got up above 80 mph in the back straight. For those of us who dont race our cars it is a way to get the feeling. Anyway I had a blast, you should check it out if your within driving distance. They stop during the second lap at the start / finish line so you can take pictures. I added them to my gallery, chek it out. Sam
Old 08-18-2007, 08:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique & Collectable 302, C-4,Ford 9 inch
Not Ranked     

Way cool Sam! I live up near Saratoga Springs NY, I may now put Watkins Glen on my list for next summer.

Thanks for the info and pics.

Regards,
Old 08-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 228, Roush 342R, 457HP/428TQ, modified AOD
Not Ranked     

If you guys get the time, the Zippo Vintage Races are September 7-9. Always a great time with some FABULOUS cars to watch.

Hope to see you there!
Old 08-18-2007, 02:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If you guys care to do some REAL laps at Watkins Glen I can tell you that 150mph on the back straight is a little more thrilling than 80 mph. 80 MPH is for going thru the bus stop.

http://www.pdadrivingschool.com/inde...ions&Itemid=94
Old 08-19-2007, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

As X says...you can do plenty of safe laps as a novice at a number of driving schools at The Glen. Best way to learn is going to one. I cut my teeth with Racer X back in 1997 and have never regretted it.

Re: The Zippo races...make sure you get into town that Friday and see the parade of race cars through town and tour the paddock at the track too.

Now get that car on the track.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft 342 Stroker, 400hp
Not Ranked     

A reminder for Fridays events, a plaque is being presented and installed at the "Walk of Fame" for Hal Keck, #88, CSX3008. Represents his involvement at the glen races in the 60's and early 70's. Hal's Family will be there for the presentation, Please stop and say hello, they would enjoy that.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

wow Sam, not only nice car and great to have fun at the Glen... but to be honest i'm loving your house and garage! wowowow!

Kristen

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: