Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Thanks Tucson John (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/100066-thanks-tucson-john.html)

Robert McLinden 10-04-2009 03:21 PM

Thanks Tucson John

Let me be the first to thank you and the better half for a great time today. Great weather, good drive (even thought Dan's group never caught up), great food and excellent company.

Thanks to all

LMH 10-04-2009 04:18 PM

I'd like to say thanks also John and Aida. Everything was perfect as always!
Larry

DWRAT 10-04-2009 04:24 PM

What a great time we had thanks to John & Aida.
I enjoyed every minute.
I hope we can all meet up again before to long.
Dan

Danr55 10-04-2009 04:47 PM

Almost as good as next year will be. Thanks John and Aida. Everything was perfect. (As always) Except John hiding the real beer.. Hmm!

Karl Bebout 10-04-2009 04:52 PM

I enjoyed another excellent time at Aida and Tucson John's. Good food, good people, good weather, beautiful views. Thank you, Aida and John. I fully understand that it is time to pass the torch and I think its great that Mesa Dave and Judy, the cookie master, offered to take on the task next year. Oh wait, they weren't there. Well, I'm sure they would have jumped right up and volunteered if they had been. We'll look forward to it...

Cobrabill 10-04-2009 05:44 PM

Indeed.A good time by all was had eating John & Aida's food.Perfect day for it too.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 10-04-2009 06:12 PM

Thanks for the grub John & Aida. That speed demon Danr passed me going home. Thank you Dan for breaking into my truck. Did Dave and Gloria every wake up?

AZ Bob

DWRAT 10-04-2009 06:48 PM

Where did Danr pass you at?
He never caught up with me and we got on the freeway at the same time.
He does have a car that is hard to miss, that Chebby orange really pops.

Not sure I liked the I-10 way home as I hit a couple bad dust clouds and couldn't see much at all.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 10-04-2009 07:02 PM

Danr got on north of Casa Grande and passed me soon after. I held about 75mph in my box on wheels. I also measured the trip home at about 9 miles shorter than the trip down.

AZ Bob

mikiec 10-04-2009 09:29 PM

I was wondering where DanR got off.

Mike

mikiec 10-04-2009 09:33 PM

John, As always...

A big thanks to Aida for all her hard work.
It was grat seeing the Tucson gang. Met a couple of new ones this trip. I need to get down there more often.

Hope to see you both at the December 3rd. gathering.

Mike

jackskid 10-04-2009 10:39 PM

john and aida,
thanks so much for hosting this great party. my family and i had a great time. the cars were beautiful and i know my dad really loved seeing them.
i've posted some pictures of a few of them on my blog. i hope you can all check them out.

http://starcraving.wordpress.com/200...while-driving/

nice meeting you all today!
george (jack's daughter)

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 10-04-2009 11:17 PM

Um, Mike, It's December 5th. Little short term memory loss?

AZ Bob

Danr55 10-05-2009 05:06 AM

Danr got off in Florence and drove across to I-10. Marti lives just east of I-10 off of Riggs Rd. I thought the plan was for everyone to cut across to I-10 in Florence. I know that would have been shorter for the west side guys.

mikiec 10-05-2009 08:52 AM

I was in a groove and just repeated the trip in reverse. That way I would not get lost. :):)

Mike

DonMorse 10-05-2009 11:08 AM

Thanks again to john and Aida for grate food and time Diana and I had yesterday ,You people are the greatest ,Diana and I had a good laugh when you said that you didnt know who you were talking to back at Factory-Five when we met you there last June
thanks again . We hope to see you both real soon.

Mike Brasfield 10-05-2009 11:19 AM

Aida and John....it was a great BBQ and I know how much work such a party requires. Thanks for the pleasant time and good company. Food was great and yummmmm was the carrot cake. BBQ Mesa Dave will enjoy accepting the torch for next season's party. John, when I saw you put your face in the BBQ to see if it was on I thought it was time for a semi-professional BBQ guy to step up and help you out. Glad I could give you both a little break. Thanks again for a great time.

AZ Pete 10-05-2009 12:11 PM

Thanks Aida & John! Great food and company.

In Florence I passed Danr going SOUTH. I think he had been checking out the "55-plus Resort" trailer park that advertises Three Life Styles. I doubt one of the three is yours, Danr.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 10-05-2009 02:00 PM

Hey AZ Pete, don't forget to look up the source of your cruise control and post it for us.

Thank You
AZ Bob

John-Tucson 10-05-2009 02:12 PM

I hope that you guys have had a chance to visit the blog site of "Jackskid". There are nine very nice photos of some of our Cobras. ( and a dog). Her Dad, Jack, was the tall gray haired gentleman who spent the afternoon relating about his two real Cobras, a 289 which he raced and a 427 which he drove. He was an independent owner / driver racing against all of the big names along the east coast and into Texas. Thank you George for bring your Dad and Mom to our party.