Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 09:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Black CSX 4910, Roush 511 8 stack
Not Ranked     
Default Any Gun Shows coming up?

Anyone here in Phoenix know of any gun shows coming up? I am looking for a 357 and a 44 magnum for some new toys. Have always wanted to own both. Also looking for a Springfield XD9 mm or equiv.
Thanks
Ron
Old 11-26-2010, 10:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic Car Co. replica of 1966 Cobra made in 1988 with big block bowtie (600 hp 454), Bought about 4 months ago
Not Ranked     

have a friend of mine here in Fla. tht has a new .44 mag. stainless brand new in the box, never fired. If interested, e-mail me at wro1@bellsouth.net and I'll give you his ph. number

scaffold
Old 11-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

Hey Ron,
http://www.americangunshows.com/GunS...Z-GunShows.htm

Dec. 3-4-5, AZ, 2010, (3 day show) AZ Phoenix, Arizona State Fairgrounds. 1826 W. McDowell Ave. Sat. 9 am to 5 pm, Sun. 9 am to 4 pm, Crossroads of the West Gun Shows, PO Box 290, Kaysville, UT 84037. PH: 801-544-9125 $1 off Coupon
Old 11-26-2010, 11:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Ron, check out the ads on "backpage" in "sporting goods" Chances are that you'll be able to find something at a better deal than at the gun show. Not as much fun as walking around with thousands of people, with their various "fragarances", but there's bound to be someone needing Christmas money. I've bought and sold several toys there and have done well. Some items are priced stupid high, but there are definitely deals to be had. Be willing to haggle and of course, cash is king.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4910 View Post
Anyone here in Phoenix know of any gun shows coming up? I am looking for a 357 and a 44 magnum for some new toys. Have always wanted to own both. Also looking for a Springfield XD9 mm or equiv.
Thanks
Ron
You have a PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Jeff, I will defintely check out that next one. While at the gun range today I found another toy on my wish list but before I "pull the trigger" (pun intended) I would need to sell another one to help pay for it. Anyone interested in a 1 year old XD sub compact 9 mm? Fired about a dozen times. Complete kit with holster, case, lock double ammo clip holder and a total of 4 clips, 1 standard and 3 extended length high capacity. (16+1)? Great carry weapon due to the small size I paid about $575 for the whole thing and would let go for $350. I also have a 2 gun safe I boought a year ago I would be interested in selling for $100. I need to buy a bigger one and there isnt any sense in keeping 2.
Thanks
Ron
Old 11-26-2010, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     

Ron, MikieC has a nice Ruger 357 he's lookin to sell and he is looking at an XD 9mm for Ginny. Maybe you guys could trade? MikieC, you on? About the same price.

AZ Bob
Old 11-26-2010, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mikie, I may be interested in talking if you are interested in buying XD sub-9 it is in perfect shape. As far the the 3357 I am looking for a long barrel service type revolver. The subcompact XD is the smallest 9 mm on the market. With the higher capacity clips, the gun fits nicely in even a guys hands and is lighter than a regular 9mm. Let me know if you are interested in talking.
Ron

Last edited by csx4910; 11-26-2010 at 05:54 PM..
Old 11-27-2010, 12:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mickiec ,
You have a PM
Old 11-28-2010, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK3/302/570 street avenger
Not Ranked     

Ron,
Let me know if the trade with Mikie doesn't work out.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have decided to sell rather than trade. As much as I want a .357, I want to replace the sub copact 9 with a regualr nine mm first but thanks. If no one is interested the gun shop will take it in for trade on a new one but only give me 70% of the value so I would rather sell it outright.
Ron
Old 11-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron,
It's all a numbers game as you know and are on top off, in the end 70% as applied works out to be X dollars. I prefer private sales/trades as it stops the paper trail of guns from big brother and no tax buys a few rounds of ammo.

The .357 Mikie has is one of my fav. and have had mine for about 15 years. It is the one my daughter always grabs when we go out shooting but shoots the .38 round over the 357 most of the time. Her second choice is a cheapo 25 auto she calls her cap gun. Not a bad shot either and that makes Dad all proud.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

Ron,

I am still up for the trade. I know you said you need to sell the 9 to get her a larger one. You want a service 357 revolver, I have one. Trade and let her pick out the new 9mm. This way you both are happy.

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 12-01-2010, 03:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     
Default tin-man is looking for a bullnose ruger

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4910 View Post
Thanks
Ron
with built in silencer .22 caliber, anyone has one for sale?
tin-man
Old 12-01-2010, 07:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tin,
Any form of a good ole fashion silencer is a no no here is the States. The use and ownership will put you in jail. There are legitimate reasons for them like not frightening other game or just reducing the noise to neighbors in adjacent fields but the bad out-ways the good and illegal as hell in USA.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

Actually, a silencer is allowed in the state of Arizona. You just need the appropiate permits.

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 12-01-2010, 09:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK III,462 FE/TKO 600, IRS w/3.27
Not Ranked     

this comment is kinda off track, out of your neighborhood, but if you want to see the "worlds largest gun show", come to Tulsa, OK in the spring and fall. They are literally dealers there from all over the US and world.

Gun shows are categorized by the number of 8 ft tables they rent to vendors. Tulsa's show has always been the biggest in the US since I can remember. We had a show 2 weekends ago, it was 4,100 tables. Indoors, one bldg, 11 acres under one roof. If you walk every row of tables, it is over 6 miles. Local newspaper interviewed the promoter. He said if you were there the whole 18 hrs they were open (Sat & Sun), and you stopped at every table, you have 15.6 seconds per table to look. There's always a few tables of non-gun related stuff; jewelry, gold, dried fruit, beef jerky, etc., but I think the promoter limits it to something like 5%-10% of the tables rented, to keep it from turning into a flea market. Most of the dealers are FFL, so normal paperwork is req'd, but there are always a few tables of individuals that are buying/selling/trading "private collection" guns, so no FFL or 4473 paperwork is done on them.

If you look at the shows in Shotgun News, Dallas or Houston shows are 2,000 tables, others are 1,000 tables, etc.

You ought to check it out sometime!

FFR#6143 Mk III: FE 462" w/four 48 IDA Weber's w/TKO 600 .82, IRS w/3.27, 17" Team III's w/245/45's & 315/35's. Gas N's.

Picked it up end of Aug '08
First start May 12, '10
First go kart May 26, '10
Tag & title 5-26-11, driving in gel coat
Painted Nov 2015

'05 Harley Wide Glide (60 hp stock, now 107 hp & 107 ft/lbs at wheel. Mid 11's in the 1/4 mi.)
'55 Bel Air hot rod project (WIP)
Old 12-01-2010, 02:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

I've been seeing an ad on bakpage for a walther .22 with a supressor. Has to go through a class 3 dealer, after getting the Fed. tax stamp. The silencers are out there, if you are willing to go through the background check, and paying the fee. One thing to bear in mind: the stamp you receive from ATF for purchasing a restricted firearm (full auto, etc) or a supressor, is worth the purchase price to stamp collectors, if you should unload the item and no longer need the stamp.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2864 MK III ROUSH 427R
Not Ranked     

mikiek and vettestr, you are allowed to own a suppressor in all but about 16 states in the United States. A permit is not required for a suppressor in Arizona and no other states that I know of. A tax stamp issued by the ATF is the paperwork that is required. The cost is $200.00 for the tax stamp plus the cost of the suppressor.

The process in most states includng Arizona requires that the local primary law enforcement office perform an extensive background check on you after you have submitted the proper paperwork including a set of finger print cards. After this approval process, the ATF Forms, finger print cards and $200.00 is submitted to the NFA branch of the ATF for processing. They submit the info to the FBI for another background check. Once all the paperwork is processed by the ATF and FBI (currently running about 90-120 days) the tax stamp will be issued identifying the serial number of the suppressor, caliber, etc. and you can take possession of your new goody.

There should be several examples for sale at this weekends gun show in the Small Arms Review Building.

Trust me when I say they are great fun.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     

Tinny, just use the sub sonic Agulia .22 rounds. All you'll hear is the click of the semi auto mech.

AZ Bob