Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Feb 19th (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/108999-feb-19th.html)

mikiec 02-04-2011 05:57 AM

Feb 19th

Feb 19, 2011

John from Tucson has mentioned it is time for the annual Phoenix-Tucson challenge.

So... I'm thinking Karls favorite Mexican place in Globe.

John what do you think?
Does the date work for you? Would you like a different date and place?

Mike

Karl Bebout 02-04-2011 07:35 AM

Chalos is the name of the place. Remember to get the adovada. Outstanding!

Danr55 02-04-2011 01:41 PM

Weather permitting, it works. Ice cream award to be made at the Dairy Queen in Superior?

Karl Bebout 02-05-2011 06:05 AM

At least the Dairy Queen in Superior is used to taking Tucson John's $2-bill-whorehouse-money. They've done it so often.

greg keller 02-08-2011 07:16 PM

Feb 19

Sounds good to me, it my birthday and we wanted to get the car out! Greg

azfordman 02-08-2011 08:55 PM

Could someone explain to me where the "challenge" comes in.....?

Danr55 02-09-2011 04:01 AM

The challenge is to see how many cars each club can muster. The club with the fewest cars buys ice cream for the other. So far, Tucson has not won and John has shelled out a small fortune for Dairy Queen for the Phoenix club. It gets a little closer each year though.

mikiec 02-09-2011 05:51 AM

Karl, If it's a green food group it's not fit for human consumption. LOL LOL

Mike

azfordman 02-09-2011 10:06 AM

Seriously???? Who would ever agree to that??? (well, John, obviously...) Let's see, there are what, 10 or 12 cobras in Tucson and about 100 or so in Phoenix? That's a sucker bet if I have ever heard one! My vote is for none of the Tucson guys to go and let the Phoenix guys buy their own ice cream. Besides......it's February! Who the heck eats ice cream in the middle of winter????

mikiec 02-09-2011 10:41 AM

Not a problem. If you guys do not show we go anyway.

Last time the car count was close. I believe we won by 3 or 4 cars. Just because we have more cars does not mean all come out.

Mike

mikiec 02-09-2011 11:05 AM

I just sent John an email telling him if less than 8 cars from Tucson show up this will be just a fun get together. However, if they have 8 and we have less then I buy.

Mike

azfordman 02-09-2011 11:11 AM

Again......where is the challenge? Does any one else not see this as a lopsided bet and really unfair? On the runs I have been on with the guys here locally there have been only 3 or 4 cars total. I would like to join you, but I am not going to pay for that privilege! At least give us some odds..............

mikiec 02-09-2011 11:31 AM

First.. You do not pay. John does. Just like when we lose I pay. No money out of your pocket. John and I agreed to this many years ago. Mostly it is a fun get together.

Again club rules apply.

Mike

azfordman 02-09-2011 11:40 AM

Mike, I hope you know I am just jerking your chain......... If my schedule allows I will be sure to be there. I'm not sure how long you have been in Phoenix, but there is a certain rivalry between our two towns. Being a Tucson native I know that contrary to popular belief Phoenix is not the center of the universe......:D

Karl Bebout 02-09-2011 12:15 PM

HELLYES IT IS! "Phoenix is not the center of the universe".

mikiec 02-09-2011 12:36 PM

Thank you Karl.. While not a native I have been here since 1970. I know about the rivalry... Yes Phoenix is the center of all. Tucson likes to be known as a sleepy college town, and very liberal.

azfordman 02-09-2011 01:02 PM

So I guess I should feel privileged to be included in your get together......:LOL:

azfordman 02-09-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiec (Post 1108756)
Tucson likes to be known as a sleepy college town, and very liberal.

I'll give you that, and to be honest our city leaders are a bunch of buffoons.... I have to say in my own defense I am anything but liberal, but I have to be loyal to my home town!

mikiec 02-09-2011 01:40 PM

I understand. I did live there for a year.

azfordman 02-09-2011 02:07 PM

I am still confused though over why anyone would want ice cream in the middle of winter......