Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Black CSX 4910, Roush 511 8 stack
Not Ranked     
Default Current Value of CSX with a 511 8 stack

As much as I hate to think of the thought, right now I am facing a serious crisis with our business, (Medicare has frozen our money for 2 months now due to a paperwork technicality) since I cant go postal on medicare, I must start to think about what I can sell to keep our business going.

I realize that this is a bad economy and I have no illusions of my car being worth what I paid for it, but the question I pose to the group is what people think a CSX with every option is worth in todays economy with a Serial number 1 Roush 511 8 stack (that has been sorted out). I have just under 1700 miles on the odometer adn just completed repainting the car to fix all the rock chips from the last 2 years.

Thoughts?
Ron
Old 02-24-2011, 03:07 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Is the car a fiberglass or aluminum bodied? What other details can you tell us about the car, stock or modified interior? Gauge layout? Transmission? Upgraded brakes? Top, heater,tonneau cover?

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 02-24-2011, 03:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

That sucks. I had CSX 4919 on order and optioned out with a Roush 511 just like your car. I know about what the price tag was for your car new, and it is not a cheap car. I would think somewhere in the mid to high 80k range in this economy unless you find someone who really has to have the car. Good luck.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry, I forgot about the details. Fiberglass bodied, tonn cover, no top, car cover, tko 600 5 speed, upgraded leather interior, every option available on the csx (glove box, map pockets, heater, etc except for the larger fuel cell). 511 block clear coated and upper half polished. Kirkham tank, fittings for hoses polished, all hoses braided stainless steel, 8 stack polished with polished Cook enterprises threaded air cleaners. Standard Shelby Baer brakes. Avon tires just put on 300 miles ago. Clear bra on entire front nose and rear spats recently installed. Standard shelby layout for gauges.
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2011, 04:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

I'd say $90-$95k with those options in this econ. Put it on cobracountry.

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)
Old 02-24-2011, 05:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I will know within a month or so whether Medicare will start paying what they owe me ( now about $300K)or if I have start laying off people and selling everything I can to stay afloat. It has been an eye opener how fast the government can make a single decision that can put a business out of business with practically no recourse on my end but wait for an appeal judge to rule. It isnt as though you can sue the federal government and win.

Obviously I dont want to sell it if I dont have to but given the choice of selling assets and staying in business or going out of business it will be a no brainer.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Just as long as you're not just putting off the inevitable. Don't sell the Cobra just to buy a few weeks or months. It may be a great ride to your next job.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: csx4163 full comp alu. body
Not Ranked     

I think the ones that folded at the first sign of trouble in the building trades were the smart ones. You can spend all your retirement and personal assets trying to be a good guy. Each person has to pull their own weight. Their being with you has to put a small profit on the bottom line each week. They will come back when you work problems out. You don't know time frame of problem. Building has been down for 3 years so far.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra-less for now..
Not Ranked     

What a drag. I would think that a car like that would be worth about 70% of what you paid for it tops. A new one is 60K plus engine so about 100K to duplicate yours? If you go for 90K I think you will find that a person would not see enough savings to buy used instead of new. A 360 Modena can be had for high 50's right now, it is tough to sell expensive cars. I have a friend who is buying a 66 427/425 Corvette coupe right now for 55K. A driver car for sure but it was a 100K car in 06... I sold my Corvette a couple of weeks ago for about half what it would have been in 06... unless you want to wait for a year to sell it you need to price it accordingly.. the dealer in Scottsdale has 2 or 3 in stock right now...
Old 02-25-2011, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You are probably about right. I fully optioned CSX roller like mine would actually be well over $70-75K as the base one is now $60K without options and the motor/trans would be $45K plus installation so to recreate one would run $120K so $80-90K would be in the ballpark of what I expected.
Painful to think about but realistic
Thanks
Ron
Old 02-25-2011, 03:21 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4910 View Post
Sorry, I forgot about the details. Fiberglass bodied, tonn cover, no top, car cover, tko 600 5 speed, upgraded leather interior, every option available on the csx (glove box, map pockets, heater, etc except for the larger fuel cell). 511 block clear coated and upper half polished. Kirkham tank, fittings for hoses polished, all hoses braided stainless steel, 8 stack polished with polished Cook enterprises threaded air cleaners. Standard Shelby Baer brakes. Avon tires just put on 300 miles ago. Clear bra on entire front nose and rear spats recently installed. Standard shelby layout for gauges.
I'm thinking in the $85,000-$90,000 range.....I also second the comment about putting it on Cobra Country.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 02-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Ron, I think your estimate of $80,000-$90,000 is fair and reasonable, at least IMHO.

Here are the most recent fiberglass CSX listings here on CC. Obviously, I have no idea if they sold. The last link is to a nice solid black CSX, which is one of, if not my most, favorite colors for a CSX.

http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds...uct=3434&cat=2

http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds...uct=3374&cat=2

http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds...uct=3234&cat=2

I hope your business does/gets better.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mine looks exactly like the last one except for the 511 instead of the original 427 and I have the full street bumper setup instead of the quick jacks. I would hope the all alum 511 would add a bit more value than the other motor but again it is a matter of personal preference. I should more in about a month whether I can start getting the money they owe me or if I need to get it up on cobra country. Thanks for the opinions guys.|
Ron
Old 02-25-2011, 07:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Ron, sure hope your finances work out for you. Obviously, you've invested a ton in your car, and certainly have endured 'way more headache and heartache than you ever should have with your huge-dollar, mega-buck Roush engine. Its obviously your dream car and you've not really had enough opportunity to enjoy it. Best of luck.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Karl,
I have barely begun to enjoy it, you are correct on that. I hope it doesn't come to having to sell it but I am realistic about needing to keep all my options open. Yes if I had to do it over again I would not of gone with the Roush motor but John from Anthem was a heckuva salesman and I wasnt as educated about my options as I am now. I still would take a stock 289 over some chebby engine though

Seriously, If I have to sell and can someday replace it and money was no object, It would be a Kirkham with a cammer motor so I wouldn't really save myself any money there.

On the other hand, I now regret selling my Superformance with the big Ford Racing 514. The motor cost a quarter as much but had as much grunt in it and was a ball to abuse the heck out of without worrying about breaking it. Although I couldnt fit an air cleaner under the stock hood because the dominator carb was so freakin big!

Last edited by csx4910; 02-26-2011 at 03:28 PM..