Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   ffr crash (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/132620-ffr-crash.html)

madmaxx 03-05-2015 06:11 PM

I have to admit as stupid as I am and all the crazy sheet I have done and owned 4 Cobras over 5 years and have been DWI many times I never even got close to any of my Cobras with even one beer. I refused a buddy request to even start it in the garage. WTF the more i read this thread the more I realize the driver was a complete and useless stupid ASSSSSSSSSS murderer.

Bernica 03-05-2015 06:33 PM

It is really a STOP AND THINK rule that needs to burn into people's heads and become a habit. I don't care what you are driving, there are always options...
Get a hotel, call your wife...hell, sleep in the car. Just don't drive.

Joe's Garage 03-05-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmaxx (Post 1341789)
I have to admit as stupid as I am and all the crazy sheet I have done and owned 4 Cobras over 5 years and have been DWI many times I never even got close to any of my Cobras with even one beer. I refused a buddy request to even start it in the garage. WTF the more i read this thread the more I realize the driver was a complete and useless stupid ASSSSSSSSSS murderer.

Thought I would "save" this one for posterities' sake before an edit comes along. Absolutely incredible what some will post with no clue how twisted and stupid their logic is.
Joe

john chesnut 03-05-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernica (Post 1341792)
It is really a STOP AND THINK rule that needs to burn into people's heads and become a habit. I don't care what you are driving, there are always options...
Get a hotel, call your wife...hell, sleep in the car. Just don't drive.

I agree. However, it's been my experience that most intoxicated people don't think that they are too intoxicated to drive. Just try getting the keys away from someone that is under the influence. Arrangements need to be made ahead of time.

In a past life I was an AZ DPS (Highway Patrol) officer. The number of innocent lives taken, injured and impacted by intoxicated drivers is tragic and needs to stop.

madmaxx 03-06-2015 03:00 PM

My logic is if I am DWI in my 4500lb Lexus I am less likely to hurt my passengers or I compared to a plastic Cobra with zero safety features. **) Just stirring the pot. I am usually in bed by 9:00 pm anymore, in the last 5 years I am lucky to have driven drunk 1 time, the 5 years before that........

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe's Garage (Post 1341794)
Thought I would "save" this one for posterities' sake before an edit comes along. Absolutely incredible what some will post with no clue how twisted and stupid their logic is.
Joe

750hp 03-06-2015 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmaxx (Post 1341859)
My logic is.....

...flawed.

Al G 03-06-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

My logic is if I am DWI in my 4500lb Lexus I am less likely to hurt my passengers or I compared to a plastic Cobra with zero safety features. **) Just stirring the pot. I am usually in bed by 9:00 pm anymore, in the last 5 years I am lucky to have driven drunk 1 time, the 5 years before that........

And you have no concern for other people you could kill? I'm glad I don't share a road with you.

FatBoy 03-06-2015 11:57 PM

Quote:

That's at least twice that you've been an inconsiderate moron and potentially no better than Wilson. The only difference is that you got away with it and he didn't. :mad:

Paul

Tommy 03-07-2015 04:16 AM

I made a lot of bad decisions when I was young, ignorant and immature. It's par for the course when you're in your teens and early 20s. That's the reason I have a little sympathy for the driver in the crash that inspired this thread. ... But discussions like this one have provided all of us the opportunity to become less ignorant and more mature. The people who frustrate and irritate me are the ones who have lived long enough to overcome their ignorance and immaturity but insist on making bad decisions or encouraging them in others just for a momentary thrill or to "stir the pot."

Not every topic on this forum warrants a serious discussion free of humor, smart ass comments, irony and the like. And clearly some members think no discussion warrants that. But I see every discussion on the Internet as a permanent record that might be seen by anyone including those close to the people who inspired the conversation. I try not to say anything I wouldn't be comfortable saying to those same people face-to-face. That's what works for me. What you write says what works for you.

mikeinatlanta 03-07-2015 04:21 AM

Quote:

Not sure if you realize, but your "plastic cobra" comments only serve to make you look ignorant. While I love the aluminum bodies, I'd be happy to do a little testing for impact strength, bending strength, or any other type of relevant testing comparing a fiberglass body to an annealed aluminum one. If you are knowingly spewing ignorance for the purpose of stirring the pot, that would make you a troll.

DanEC 03-07-2015 04:36 AM

A few years ago it was discussed that the frontal lobe of the brain didn't become well developed until around the age of 25 and along with it, the capacity for good judgement, skills, etc. I can kind of see that in thinking back to my own growing up.

I would think a parent would be even more aware of this and might think - maybe it's not a good idea to let my immature 21-year old take my 500 HP/2500 lb cobra out on the road by himself. Yeah, I think if this was good ole Dad's car and he willingly let him out of the house in it - he's probably toast financially.

The kid - we can only hope that he eventually matures to the point that the weight of his actions sink into his mush-for-brains and he realizes he has to live with the guilt and horror of what he did for a long time.

Bernica 03-07-2015 05:22 AM

Driving is a privilege, not a right. With that comes responsibility.
It doesn't matter if your are driving a 500 hp car or a 1-ton truck.

madmaxx 03-07-2015 06:20 AM

Wow, all my Cobras were plastic/fiberglass. I have been inconsiderate/moron I would guess 100's of times My environment shapes me!!

Joe's Garage 03-07-2015 07:59 AM

What shapes you is your stupidity and being irresponsible. You care nothing of the safety for other motorists. You are the asshole on the road the rest of us try to avoid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmaxx (Post 1341789)
... have been DWI many times ...

Quote:

My logic is if I am DWI in my 4500lb Lexus I am less likely to hurt my passengers ...

(but f'k everybody else)

Quote:

... in the last 5 years I am lucky to have driven drunk 1 time ...

You are a loser.
Joe

madmaxx 03-07-2015 08:28 AM

Joe,
Whats the matter? Didn't anybody ever tell you life isn't fair. Your "How did he get away with it but I didn't mentality" is one for children's games. I appear to get away with it. I have been called a lot worse than "loser". I have been called, ****er, ****ed up, cock sucker,dick head, ass hole, annus, cracker, round eye, drunk, drunkard, caustic, abrasive, please come up with something different.

twobjshelbys 03-07-2015 09:07 AM

Wow. I can't believe I'm reading this. Bragging about putting other people's lives at stake and don't care. Wow. Just wow. Those are on the other hand fine words for your headstone.

madmaxx 03-07-2015 09:42 AM

Alright, I will quit antagonizing everyone. Apologize for pissing anyone off. Have a good one, it has gotten out of hand.

cycleguy55 03-07-2015 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmaxx (Post 1341899)
please come up with something different.

Inconsiderate, immature, irresponsible.

Bernica 03-07-2015 10:11 AM

I have a 19 year old daughter that drives home from her job at nearly midnight. And why do I stay up until she is home?

kevins2 03-07-2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernica (Post 1341905)
I have a 19 year old daughter that drives home from her job at nearly midnight. And why do I stay up until she is home?

Because you couldn't sleep anyway knowing the type of people that are out on the roads. I have a 20 year-old daughter and worry the same.