Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Cars & Coffee (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/133508-cars-coffee.html)

likenu2 06-05-2015 06:38 AM

Cars & Coffee

There is a free car show the first Saturday of every month at the Shops at Gainey Village, 8777-8989 N. Scottsdale road, Scottsdale from 8 - 10. I hear that it gets pretty packed so sounds like would have to get there early to get a spot. If it is not raining tomorrow (like predicted) I may take a ride down there to check it out.

Cobrakeith 06-05-2015 07:52 AM

It is a very good car show for high end cars, Ferrari, Porsche, Mercedes and others as well as a lot of 60's era cars that you won't see every day too. If you don't arrive by 6am or shortly after most of the good parking spots will be taken.
Keith

Danr55 06-05-2015 09:12 AM

Rather than sitting in Scottsdale, why don't you go driving with us? We are running for breakfast to Tonto Basin on Saturday.. Leaving from Shea Blvd. and Beeline at 0630.

DWRAT 06-05-2015 09:56 AM

You will have a better time doing the breakfast run then dealing with a bunch of uppity snotsdale folks.

mikiec 06-05-2015 05:55 PM

Go on the run. These cars are made for driving not sitting.

Mikiec

hinoonaz 06-05-2015 06:43 PM

I agree with Dwart a 100%. See at Shell in morning.

likenu2 06-06-2015 10:48 AM

Was a good morning at the cars & coffee show this morning. Met Cobra Keith there and felt bad that I didn't get to talk to him more. While I was talking to him, a couple that I used to compete against with my 33 hot rod that I had not seen in quite some time, came over to me. They were telling me of how they brought their car in to get a starter replaced and while the mechanic was taking it for a test drive, 2 teenagers in daddy's rented car slammed into their car. They hit their 34 so hard that the frame was bent. They are now having a full body off restoration done on the car. We always used to go back and forth at the hot rod shows for who won in class.

Pretty good turn out this morning despite what the weather looked like. It must have poured on Scottsdale road because as I got off the loop the roads were soaked. Just got done cleaning the car.

Saw Ari Lyendike (sorry about the spelling) walking around. And the vehicle that got the most attention was a jet powered motorcycle. This thing sounded mean when he started it up.

Joe

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 06-06-2015 11:33 AM

DWART? Now that there is funny! I'll bet even RatBoy's laughing.

AZ Bob

Karl Bebout 06-06-2015 02:15 PM

DWART? Anything like DWIGHT? DWFART?

Its all so confoozin'

Scotchman 06-07-2015 07:56 AM

You start drinking again Karl ?? :JEKYLHYDE

Karl Bebout 06-07-2015 09:34 AM

Naw. Itsda meds.

likenu2 06-13-2015 07:38 AM

Does anyone know if this cars & coffee is just the first saturday of the month or every saturday. I did a google search for Cruise Ins in Phoenix and it came up as every saturday. Call me confused in Phoenix :)

Cobrakeith 06-13-2015 09:02 AM

I believe that Gainey Ranch Cars & Coffee is just the 1st Saturday of every month.
Keith

likenu2 06-30-2015 06:06 AM

Anyone going to cars and coffee in Scottsdale this Saturday?

Karl Bebout 06-30-2015 09:58 AM

Sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the reminder.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 06-30-2015 10:45 AM

Yes, sounds like a meet. July 4th, early, say 7am ish? Or do we need earlier?

AZ Bob

Karl Bebout 06-30-2015 11:55 AM

I'll leave my house at 5 and it'll probably take 30-40 minutes to get there. Any suggestions about where to park, from anyone? I'm not at all familiar with the center.

Danr55 06-30-2015 12:52 PM

Bob, Please make up your mind.. do you want to meet early or at 7?

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 06-30-2015 01:15 PM

Don't you guys sleep? I am hoping Joe or Keith pipe in here from experience. But if no response perhaps in front of Coffee Bean or Paradise Bakery?

AZ Bob

Cobrakeith 06-30-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB (Post 1354306)
Don't you guys sleep? I am hoping Joe or Keith pipe in here from experience. But if no response perhaps in front of Coffee Bean or Paradise Bakery?

AZ Bob

I'll be there about 5:45 and see if I can snag a few spots. I usually try to park in the spots just East of the Coffee Bean (the rows run East - West). The parking South of that row is usually occupied by the expensive Foo Foo Cars.:rolleyes: By the way, see you guys at the 5 N Diner tonight.
keith