Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DaleG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2016, 10:37 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Mark III / Roush 427R
Not Ranked     
Default DMV Registration

I currently have a Superformance Cobra registered in NV as a "2005 65 Cobra Replica" and I'm looking to move to Southern AZ. Any information regarding the process for DMV registration for the Cobra will be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Have you tried using SEARCH for "arizona registration" or looking in the Arizona Cobra club area? There are several recent topics on this subject.

Here are several:

New Member in PHX

New Cobra Title & Registration in Arizona
Old 05-15-2016, 11:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Cody,
You will need a level 2 inspection if you want it titled as a 1965 which you hopefully will want. It makes it much easier for future owners or even yourself if you ever move.
The level 2 inspection is by appointment only most of the time.
It is very simple and will cost you about $40-$50 total by the time your all done with plates for 1 year and a new title.
Superformance #884 --- Sold
No more Furds.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Cody, if you are moving to the PHX area, pay attention to what the forum has listed about which DMV offices know what they are doing and which ones will give you a head ache. As Drat stated, make a phone call about the level 2 inspection to get an appointment. Should be an easy and painless process. Good luck.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex owner of a polished Kirkham 427 S/C. Now Cobra-less and driving a mid-engine German hot rod.
Not Ranked     

Cody I concur w/what Karl and Dan said above. I am a new owner of a new (untitled) Kirkham and am going through the process now. A few pointers in addition to what has been said above

* Call the DMV office you plan to go to as your first step. I called the general ADOT DMV phone line and they told me to bring the car to the DMV for a level 1 inspection. This turned out to be bad advice - title/registration now requires a level 2. I am working to determine how to get an appointment for this but believe this can be done by calling your local DMV office. BTW the office I went to (Scottsdale) only does level 2's on M-Th and told me it was 'first come/first served and get here early because we can only do 20-25 per day...'. Again, I think an appointment can be made but I am still checking on that. There appears to be some variation in process standardization from office to office..
* AZ titles special construction (replica/kit/custom built cars) based on the year of the vehicle they represent, not the year you or someone else built/assembled it. This is important to remember.

Good luck!
Old 05-15-2016, 02:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK IV/Coyote/PS/PB/ABS/AC
Not Ranked     

Do you even need registration in southern Arizona?
DWRAT likes this.
Old 05-15-2016, 03:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

"Do you even need registration in southern Arizona?"
Mostly in Spanish but yes, you do need registration in southern arizona..

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."